Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Composite Arf......Problem SOLVED

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Composite Arf......Problem SOLVED

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 08:01 PM
IFlyEm35
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Composite Arf......Problem SOLVED

Removed pending outcome.

I removed this post until a final agreement has been reached with Composite Arf. I will let you guys know what happened.
Old 06-26-2012, 08:16 PM
Dick T.
My Feedback: (243)

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: Composite Arf......Problem SOLVED

Not unusual when dealing direct with some Chinese or European companies. Their concept of customer service is we have your money, now what do you want? They accept no responsibility once they ship and expect you to pay for any issues.

Lastly, I would no longer do business, no matter the outcome, with a company asking you to commit fraud. And I would notify FedEx.

Old 06-26-2012, 08:19 PM
IFlyEm35

nm
Old 06-26-2012, 08:30 PM
phantomdriver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is this the company as Carf-Models?
Old 06-26-2012, 08:34 PM
IFlyEm35

nm
Old 06-26-2012, 08:53 PM
IFlyEm35

nm
Old 06-26-2012, 11:31 PM
IB

I purchased a CARF Ultra Flash last year and when it arrived at my home I inspected the box for visible damage, there was none so I accepted it from the courier who said I had 24 hours to report any damage caused by shipping found after I had opened the box.
I opened the box after the courier had left and found a large crease running chordwise three inches from the wingtip, I initially thought that CARF had sent out a damaged wing and wasn't impressed to say the least so I got on the phone to the UK Rep who requested photos of the damage and said it was highly doubtful CARF would send out a damaged model and their quality control was very good. After e-mails between the Rep and CARF it was agreed I could have a discount if I accepted the damage as was as it was "repairable" or I could have a brand new model.
I went for the new model and as I lived a half hours drive from the Reps premises offered to return the model in its box, we looked at the damage and he agreed it was not acceptable, we then realised how the damage was caused, the wing is held firmly in the box by two shaped polystyrene formers which prevent vertical movement but there was no packing to prevent the wing shifting laterally and it became apparent that the box had been dropped on its end allowing the unrestained wing to impact on its wingtip causing the crease and damage, I have photos but this site is such a pain in the arse to post pictures I gave up posting a couple of years ago.
Anyway, I got a new model, no further shipping charges, I wouldn't have paid them anyway, CARF were able to recover their costs from the shippers and hopefully modified the wing retention packing in future boxes.
The UK Rep was very helpful and in spite of his "no crow bro" for the Ultra Flash, it does land much better with crow, I have tried both and crow IS needed on the Uf ! Sorry Dave !

Ian B
Old 06-27-2012, 05:07 AM
SkidMan
My Feedback: (17)

ORIGINAL: IB

I went for the new model and as I lived a half hours drive from the Reps premises offered to return the model in its box, we looked at the damage and he agreed it was not acceptable, we then realised how the damage was caused, the wing is held firmly in the box by two shaped polystyrene formers which prevent vertical movement but there was no packing to prevent the wing shifting laterally and it became apparent that the box had been dropped on its end allowing the unrestained wing to impact on its wingtip causing the crease and damage,

Ian B
It sounds like the shipper could have rightly claimed that the contents were inadequately packed. If any drop was so insignificant that it did not cause any visible external damage to the box it certainly should not have damaged the contents.

Iam glad that you, as the customer, got what you paid for: a new model.

Paul
Old 06-27-2012, 06:21 AM
ddlstang
My Feedback: (2)

FLYem, Who is your Rep ?
Old 06-27-2012, 06:25 AM
IFlyEm35

nm
Old 06-27-2012, 06:28 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

We had a 50cc Edge blow apart during the maiden flight last weekend. Straight and level flight at half throttle. It looked like the entire wing was fluttering.
Old 06-27-2012, 06:57 AM
indubitably
My Feedback: (14)

Any pictures?
Without pictures, we are really unable to comment, or evaluate. Sorry, its too easy to place pictures, and too frustrating to get a real picture in our minds. If you want a response - then please give us the advantage of objectivity. Bending our minds with words cannot be fair to anybody.
John
Old 06-27-2012, 07:00 AM
IFlyEm35

nm
Old 06-27-2012, 07:07 AM
FBaity
My Feedback: (2)

I had a AeroWorks 50cc Ultimate explode in flight doing IMAC maoeuvers. Lost the complete airframe, engine, many servos, regulators, batteries burned on impact. Documented the crash with 20+ pics, was offered $200.00 discount tward new Ultimate.

I bought a Pilot Sbach and it has proven to be a good decision.
Old 06-28-2012, 08:24 PM
IFlyEm35

OK I want to make it known that my rep, Andy Kane, has stepped up and rectified our issue. Here is an excerpt of his last email to me:

I will work as hard as possible to make sure that you and all of my customers are satisfied now and in the future.

Thank you
Andy
And I must say Thanks to Andy for taking care of this promptly!
Old 06-29-2012, 05:53 AM
ultra6a
My Feedback: (27)

ORIGINAL: FBaity

I had a AeroWorks 50cc Ultimate explode in flight doing IMAC maoeuvers. Lost the complete airframe, engine, many servos, regulators, batteries burned on impact. Documented the crash with 20+ pics, was offered $200.00 discount tward new Ultimate.

I bought a Pilot Sbach and it has proven to be a good decision.
That reminds me of an AeroWorks 50cc Yak that I had several years ago. Gear pulled out after crab landing and they would not admit that the gear design was weak on the plane. Even though the forums were full of posts by others who had the same problem.
Pilot RC planes are built just as well if not better and they are not "OVER PRICED" like the AeroWorks planes.
Old 06-29-2012, 06:47 PM
TCHIEF
My Feedback: (15)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I was the one Andy (Barracuda Hockey)was talking about It was a new build with a dle 55 and pipe built to specs by the book It took off and I climbed out about 45degrees and pulled back on the power to half made a turn to the left flew down wind turned back again to the left and it turned into a flutter bug the entire air frame was shaking so violently you could see the the fuse and wing open up (and yes the wings were secure) I pulled back as soon as we saw what was happening and that was it the radio quit responding at that point and we all watched it go straight in from about 3_400 feet
I purchased this airframe thinking it would be superior as far as longevity but 35 seconds was about all it lasted
Old 06-30-2012, 03:58 AM
K-Bob
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: TCHIEF

I was the one Andy (Barracuda Hockey)was talking about It was a new build with a dle 55 and pipe built to specs by the book It took off and I climbed out about 45degrees and pulled back on the power to half made a turn to the left flew down wind turned back again to the left and it turned into a flutter bug the entire air frame was shaking so violently you could see the the fuse and wing open up (and yes the wings were secure) I pulled back as soon as we saw what was happening and that was it the radio quit responding at that point and we all watched it go straight in from about 3_400 feet
I purchased this airframe thinking it would be superior as far as longevity but 35 seconds was about all it lasted
More information would be beneficial in determining the cause of the flutter. Servo make and model, linkeages, etc.

Old 06-30-2012, 06:21 PM
TCHIEF

JR 8411 on 6 volts and stock build with the fiber glass horns
Old 07-01-2012, 06:16 AM
K-Bob
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: TCHIEF

JR 8411 on 6 volts and stock build with the fiber glass horns
Aren't JR8411s plactic geared?On a gasser I would be wary of this.

Old 07-01-2012, 06:03 PM
thepamster

Jr Ds8411 servos are metal/brass geared.

http://www.jrradios.com/Products/Def...rodID=JRPS8411
Old 07-01-2012, 06:06 PM
TCHIEF

8411 ultra torque mg 188 oz on 6 volts used them on my elevators on my jets with no problems
Old 07-01-2012, 08:02 PM
Bass1

I've got some older 8411s and the darn metal gears develop slop and wear rather quickly and when they do they have a propensity to occillate back and forth (especially with freshly charged 6 volt systems) trying to find center. Had/have some strange in flight fluttering sounds with several different 50cc aircraft using those servos. I also notice they are very power hungry. I'm still using them but getting very wary of them hoping they don't trigger some sort of catastrophic harmonics within the airframe.. Saving up now for some Titanium geared Hitecs.