Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

GSP Giles 202

Old 11-09-2006, 05:53 PM
bobzilla
My Feedback: (63)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: GSP Giles 202

thanks for reply..and it clears up alot of things..
First, I looked at your canopy and looks the best way to handle..lighten first then make some
hard points with blinds for attachment..and some carbon rods up front to secure the front.
They sent me the wrong gear as it is only 6.5" tall..not hardly enought for a 30-32" prop..haha.
I am liking an alumiumun gear better than carbon..and also the qq somenzini gear for the 102 is nice..it is glass and very strong..10.5" high and 25 across..I can pick up for a song at $69 at SOMENZINI.COM

I am so confused on the tail..and their pics are like "wierd science". I will just get the tube and holders in there as best as I can. I would have been nice if they would have left a top or bottom of the motor box open..but with that cavernous openingin fuselage I can get to some blind nuts in front.. (also..it looks like
I have to stand off the 3w150 a little, do you remember doing this (approx .5" or so).

I have found a color scheme that I like (sorry, I was gonna steal yours, but this one is WAHOO!)
I attached a pic.
I guess I will install motor, gear, tubes first. thanks for your help again..

bobz
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ax72970.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	189.0 KB
ID:	557287  
Old 11-10-2006, 11:34 AM
Fred
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi bobz
I did use about 1/2" stand off on the motor,,you are right on thier tail attachment I did it on the first one ,but later changed it out , to the tab type..DONT FORGET TO RE GLUE ALL THEIR SERVO BOXS !!!!!!!!!!!! the way I did this last one I used Gorilla glue and water ,I put a small hole in the bottom of the box and poured the glue in and then put a small piece of tape over the hole then flipped it over to dry ,so far they are holding up.,, I liked that color scheme too on the Giles in the picture.that will be sharp !
Old 11-14-2006, 10:17 AM
bobzilla

Giant Scale Planes did me in on the gear also..even with all those emails betwen you and them....
I asked for the right gear and their email says that is all they have in stock....hmmm...thats 2-3 years they have known about this problem and they still
sell the arc..without notifiy the buyer of this problem..

I'm reeeeeeally pissed, and have asked for some monies back or they purchase the right gear from a secondary source and send me. I will return their incorrect gear soon I get something in hand (if ever).

I'm anxious to see what their reply is! It will NOT be happy times for them if they ignore my request, the power of the internet is at my disposal!

bobz

Old 11-18-2006, 10:04 PM
Fred

Here is a comparison to a brand new Wild Hare 41% Extra,,,not much difference in size

Name:	Ig13774.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	148.9 KB
ID:	562753   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yt61526.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	148.1 KB
ID:	562754  
Old 11-18-2006, 10:11 PM
bobzilla

Nice comparision..wonder what the weight difference is between the two. Nice vess prop.
Which one flys better? Soon as I get the gear on..I start with the "gluing".

Bobz

Old 11-18-2006, 10:44 PM
Fred

Thanks The Extra wieghs 39 3/4 pounds,,Giles 37 1/2,,
Old 11-19-2006, 01:07 AM
bobzilla

Fred, you gotta gets some pants on that plane.it just don't look good without..hehe

bobz
Old 11-19-2006, 12:54 PM
Fred

lol yeah I know but our field is rough grass and pants dont last long on it ,,but I dress up for the IMAC events ,,lol,,
Old 11-27-2006, 06:36 PM
bobzilla

I got the gear Fred and its perfect!! Thanks and please let me send you at least the shipping costs?
The gear swamps the one supplied with GSP..(what were they thinkin')..hehe 6.5" high gear for a 43%.
I bought some really nice wheels 5" from Power-Line hobbies..and they have nice aluminum centers..and
a tough foam..I will send you some pics later.. (I found them on the shelf at Hobbytown USA).
What do you think of this color sheme?

Name:	Qo38654.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	567757  
Old 11-28-2006, 07:18 AM
Fred

Hi Bobz
Glad the gear made it ,,Yeah I feel for the guy who builds one and use that little gear.I'm not sure what it weighs but it is heavy thats why I was looking for a composite gear ,.,,,,That is a nice looking color scheme for sure,,as for the shipping don't worry about it just glad I had one laying around for ya ,,If my plans work out I will be in Yuma the end of Feb, I have a retired friend who gos out there for the winter and fly ,,
Have a great day
Fred