Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

First Gasser 30cc Edge 540 Aerobeez/Peak model I will need help

Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

First Gasser 30cc Edge 540 Aerobeez/Peak model I will need help

Old 09-20-2013, 07:54 PM
TVL
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Gasser 30cc Edge 540 Aerobeez/Peak model I will need help

I started working on the Edge this week so far I have all the control surfaces hinged to gather. I switched out the hinges that came with the ARF with Robart's Hinge Points. I have the landing gear and tail wheel mounted. I just finished mounting the engine tonight and here comes my first of many questions. I have a 30cc DLE with the side mount carb and I would like some opinions on where I plan to mount the throttle servo. I'm thinking about mounting it right behind the engine with the servo outside of the engine box instead of inside of it could this cause me some unseen problems. With the side mount carb it won't be very easy to mount it inside. I have it duct taped in the spot where I plan to mount it right now and it will be a breeze to mount it and link it up to the carb. I will post a pic showing how I plan to mount it, let me know if this is okay to mount it outside of the fire wall like this.

Last edited by TVL; 09-22-2013 at 11:44 AM.
Old 09-20-2013, 08:41 PM
TVL

The throttle linkage will go right over the top of the standoff by a 1/16 to 1/8 " I will also need help with battery selections to.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	444.JPG
Views:	479
Size:	3.70 MB
ID:	1923718   Click image for larger version

Name:	445.JPG
Views:	329
Size:	3.57 MB
ID:	1923719   Click image for larger version

Name:	444.JPG
Views:	302
Size:	3.67 MB
ID:	1923720  

Last edited by TVL; 09-21-2013 at 04:36 PM.
Old 09-26-2013, 01:21 PM
NM_Mark
My Feedback: (8)

I would be a bit concerned about vibration, however it's about the only way to make it work without making up some sort of bellcrank setup.
Old 09-26-2013, 02:01 PM
Texastbird

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would seriously consider switching this engine over to the rear carb configuration. If you search around, there have been issues with the side carb version. There is a kit available from Tower Hobbies. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXAACW&P=Z
Old 09-27-2013, 04:50 PM
TVL

Thanks for the reply guys I did think about a bellcrank set up but the push rod would have to be right against the top of the engine box the linkage is right in line with the top of the box that would make it quite difficult. I think the texastbird's idea is the way I'm going to go under 25 bucks ain't bad.That way I can put the servo way back inside of the engine box. I found out by researching other threads that having the servo to close the the ignition isn't a good practice ether along with the vibration messing with the servo. I haven't researched the poor performance of the side mount carb yet but I don't think you can even order a DLE side mount any more, there has to be a reason for that. This build might pick up a little in the next couple of weeks are workload is finally slowing down the OT was nice to help fund this project but this summer we have been crazy busy