Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Buyer be AWARE of Chief Aircraft

Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Buyer be AWARE of Chief Aircraft

Old 10-06-2016, 05:04 PM
2.4ghs
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rustie66 read your personal messages
Old 01-16-2017, 09:30 PM
Carl Bendix

I signed up mainly to chime in on my experience with Chief Aircraft parts over some 30years of owning an airplane. The first issue involved a 4 place intercom I purchased. It was supposed to have an aux input with soft-fade feature. I got the earlier outdated model without that feature but the faceplate had the new model designation, and the four earphone jack's were missing. They eventually sent the correct components. Next I ordered a Whelen Comet Flash strobe system. They sent an outdated system that only flashed twice vs the four flashes of the Comet Flash. They would not make it right. I called Whelen and to my surprise they did the exchange, stating that the unit I got had been discontinued. Then there were the spark plugs.
I ordered a set of 12 plugs for my Franklin 165. They cost $46 apiece, today they go for $56 (Champion REJ-38). Three months later when I went to install them the sealed box only contained 11! By then it was too late.
Old 09-25-2017, 03:58 AM
jpooch00

Chief Aircraft is a total POS operation, IMO, and based on personal experience!

They sent me a set of defective ignition harnesses (Slick/Champion with one spark plug connector the wrong size) for an O-540 Lycoming engine and I finally had to file a complaint thru my CC company to get my money back - a week AFTER they had authorized the return and received it! I sent them more than one email telling them my intentions if they didn't credit my account and they didn't even bother to reply to any of them.

There are plenty of hard working, HONEST sellers out there, but Chief Aircraft ain't one of 'em, not by any stretch of the imagination. Do yourself a big favor and avoid this half-*****ed company like the plague!!

Last edited by jpooch00; 09-25-2017 at 04:08 AM.
Old 09-28-2017, 12:50 AM
Lifer
My Feedback: (1)

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

I've bought engines and props from them over the last 10 years or so and had no problems at all.