Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

A sad RC-universe member indeed!

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

A sad RC-universe member indeed!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 10:01 AM
capitalB
My Feedback: (36)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A sad RC-universe member indeed!

I have medical bills resulting from recent transplant surgery. I was forced to sell my 35% Aero Works Yak and Pilot 30% Yak. The big yak was complete with New Dle 111 and digital sevos RTF. The pilot just needed a engine, otherwise RTF with 7959s . It was 10 degrees outside and as he checked them out in my garage (just removed from my heated shop), it got too cold to remove the receivers ( worth $250) I sold both planes for $1100.00. He was driving a new ford pick-up andin his 40s so when he said he would mail me the receivers, I agreed, as it would damage them to remove them in the cold. He also was a RC universe member and saw my ad on this site. Surprise to none and shame on me, butt he will not return my calls and I have yet to see my stuff. Sad part is he thinks he got away with something...This is a hobby to get away from all the stresses of life, work, family and in my case, health. You my call me stupid or a sucker, but I don't see it that way. I really feel pity for him and if all he does is buy and sell R/C stuff, that will be the downfall of the classifieds. I hope he reads this before I call him out, or just drive to his local club. Brian

Last edited by capitalB; 01-11-2014 at 10:07 AM.
Old 01-11-2014, 12:41 PM
drube

And why couldn't you remove the receivers because of the cold?
Old 01-11-2014, 01:06 PM
ahicks
My Feedback: (2)

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Just a guess, but maybe he trusted the guy at his word regarding returning them? Otherwise, he may have tried a little harder? Just sayin....
Old 01-11-2014, 01:12 PM
drube

I just don't understand how the cold would have hurt the Rx's by removing them.
Old 01-11-2014, 01:23 PM
capitalB
My Feedback: (36)

The Spectrum satellites were double-sided foam taped to the sides of the fuse. At -10 degrees, this stuff will explode. He advised me to leave them in as it would damage the plane. ahicks. you understand, it was about trust.
Old 01-11-2014, 01:30 PM
drube

I understand the trust thing, but are you saying that the foam would explode?
Old 01-11-2014, 01:36 PM
SrTelemaster150

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by drube
I understand the trust thing, but are you saying that the foam would explode?
The double sided tape would be hard to get parted in that temperature. It would have proably damaged the airframe that it was adhered to.

What's so hard to understand about that?

Last edited by SrTelemaster150; 01-11-2014 at 01:39 PM.
Old 01-11-2014, 01:40 PM
drube

Originally Posted by SrTelemaster150
The double sided tape would be hard to get parted in that temperature.
Never heard of that before. Thanks

Last edited by drube; 01-11-2014 at 02:06 PM.
Old 01-11-2014, 01:44 PM
drube

Last edited by drube; 01-11-2014 at 02:06 PM.
Old 01-11-2014, 02:25 PM
lopflyers
My Feedback: (12)

Now you learn a lesson. My father told me to believe half of what I see and nothing of what I was told .
So I don't trust anybody.
Old 01-11-2014, 02:39 PM
Tony Iannucelli
My Feedback: (193)

I sold a big bipe once and didn't feel like taking the wings off to dig out the receiver. I told the guy who bought it to return it to me when he put his equipment in there. Ditto the flight pack battery. Months went by .... one day at the field I saw him and he said he had been carrying the stuff around with him and was sorry we never saw each other before that. He was away on business most of the time. He even had a new battery for me, plus the old one. Moral of the story, don't rush to judgement. You never know the outcome and can always hope the guy will man-up and make an effort to make things right. I hope he does. I hate to hear stuff like this on RCU.
Old 01-11-2014, 03:04 PM
Granpooba
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Lightbulb

Last edited by Granpooba; 01-21-2014 at 10:06 AM. Reason: Change of heart, should not have been stated
Old 01-11-2014, 03:29 PM
2walla
My Feedback: (10)

I would hope he has just been busy.
Old 01-11-2014, 04:16 PM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No one is perfect and we all make mistakes....don't blame yourself. I was a trusting sole too but that has changed quite a bit over time.
Hopefully he is busy and nothing happened but if he's just busy he should be able to take 5 min and give you a return call.
If you never hear from him again just remember what goes around comes back around. May not be this month or year but it will happen.
Keep trying him or maybe he will see this thread.
Old 01-11-2014, 06:05 PM
tmulligan

CapitalB:

I understand what you're going through. How can I help?

Tom
Old 01-11-2014, 06:12 PM
gesmale
My Feedback: (40)

Brian, I still carry an IOU in my wallet dated 5/29/2008 where I loaned a modeling buddy money to buy an engine. He paid most of the money back and I have seen him on several ocassions and for some reason he never made contact or attempted to acknowledge the debt. I don't carry the IOU to remind me of our dealings but to remind me that loaning money is just as bad as borrowing money. Now, if I am compelled to loan money, I evaluate to see if a need is there and if I want to help, I just make it a gift. So once it done I walk away knowing I have helped someone and I truly believe good deeds will come back ten fold. My parents taught me to treat others the way I would like to be treated and don't be disappointed if I don't receive the same treatment. Other peoples actions don't determine my attitude but I am in complete conterol of that department. What was your loss? I have more than enough in my shop and I would be willing to share. George
Old 01-11-2014, 06:22 PM
toolmaker7341

Originally Posted by drube
Never heard of that before. Thanks
I guess 10 deg. living in Florida you wouldn't understand what he was talking about.Take 2 pcs of lite ply use fresh double sided servo tape stick 2 old receivers or anything smoth plastic leave set for a week. The tape always grabs better over time, put 1 in your freezer remove the warm 1 from the ply now take the cold soaked piece and try to remove ASAP then you will understand what has been said.
Old 01-11-2014, 06:36 PM
drube

Originally Posted by toolmaker7341
I guess 10 deg. living in Florida you wouldn't understand what he was talking about.Take 2 pcs of lite ply use fresh double sided servo tape stick 2 old receivers or anything smoth plastic leave set for a week. The tape always grabs better over time, put 1 in your freezer remove the warm 1 from the ply now take the cold soaked piece and try to remove ASAP then you will understand what has been said.
I grew up in Canada and have worked with two sided foam tape in cold weather, so I understand fully thank you.
Bottom line is, Foam tape does not explode.

Last edited by drube; 01-11-2014 at 06:42 PM.
Old 01-11-2014, 06:47 PM
drube

Originally Posted by lopflyers
Now you learn a lesson. My father told me to believe half of what I see and nothing of what I was told .
+1
Old 01-12-2014, 02:31 AM
Lifer
My Feedback: (1)

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

Are you going to identify this person?
Old 01-12-2014, 03:33 AM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A couple things come to mind. Has it been long enough since the arrangement to be fair? Things happen, people get sick, die, other things happen too. Life happens. If you know he has taken you and have confirmed it by others then mark him. Another thing I am often puzzled by is why folks don't let the rest of us know about these crooks so we can be on the alert. Sure we need to be shrewd about this sort of thing, however there are some smooth cons out there.

We had a man years ago that conned us out of quite a bit of money for that time period. He came to us, seemed extremely kind and courteous, talked about the folks he knew in the neighborhood, spoke about his grandma and we knew her too. Sad thing was he was lying, she was not even his grandma, and we never picked up on it. how would we have known? He bought about a thousand dollars of equipment from us - a lot of money back in the 70s or any time for that matter.

Next thing you know his check was bad - turns out he had committed fraud to many folks and was wanted by the police. How was we to know? He got us, however that was the last time we were taken by such wickedness.

When these type of people are allowed to roam free and no one does anything about it, aren't we just as guilty as he is by letting him screw over other people? If he does something like this to you, a decent gentleman, why would he not do this to others? Just sayin'..... My two cents is that we have a responsibility here. I see this way too often and I loathe it with a passion. The man was not stealing to feed his family due to hardship. If he is an RC seller, I would make sure it is known and let him attempt to build his trust back again (if he ever had any in the first place).
Old 01-12-2014, 04:30 AM
Lifer
My Feedback: (1)

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

Amen!
Old 01-12-2014, 08:06 AM
Havoc

Originally Posted by lopflyers
If you believe your father was right wouldn't that suggest that you should not believe his statement ?
After all, he"told" you this, and you are to believe "nothing" you were told?
Just askin'
Old 01-12-2014, 08:15 AM
flycatch
My Feedback: (26)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I loaned an air pump to a fellow modeler and coworker once and it took months to get it back. This incident applies across the board when you loan anything to another and know nothing about their personality. They are actually thieves who pray upon others they believe who can be victimized.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:38 AM
THERCAV8R
My Feedback: (283)

I want some of this foam tape. Foam tape or any tape for that matter is easier to remove when it freezes, not more difficult.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.