Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

aeroworks extra 260 35cc build troubles

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

aeroworks extra 260 35cc build troubles

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2014, 09:46 PM
colbyneal1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question aeroworks extra 260 35cc build troubles

So I have this 35cc extra that I'm trying to get going but have questions about the radio gear I've installed. I have 5 hi-voltage/torque hs-7954sh and 1 standard hv servo on the throttle. My first question is, can the futaba R7008SB hv receiver handle the amp draw of these servos without a power expander? I have two thunder power 1350mah lipo's plugged into two switches into the receiver. Also is this enough capacity battery?

My second issue is with the engine, a moki 2.10 glow. It won't idle hardly at all and the top end sounds sluggish as if its over propped. has a 20x10 mejzlik.
Tried 15,10 & fai fuels with similar result's. Put a os f type plug in it and it seemed to help somewhat. It barrels smoke at wot and at idle it just pops and shakes then dies. I realized today that if i close the needle valve all the way that it actually ran better but still not good. This cant be normal right??? Shouldn't closing it shut off fuel completely?? I didnt see any trash inside when i pulled it all the way out.
Any help is much appreciated THANKS! --Colby
Old 12-01-2014, 11:04 PM
kiwibob72

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The info on the Futuba site on your receiver looks to point towards a 2 cell lipo being fine, if you run two of them, just don't wire it to make a 4 cell!
As for the Moki, IF I read your text right, it just sounds too rich (good for a new motor), so leaning it a 'little' to get it running better might be called for. If it was me, I'd shelve it and go 30-35cc gas, as the motor would pay for itself in nitro fee savings in no time.
This was my own first EVER 'petrol/gas' engine startup, took to minutes to get the response I was looking for, and ran nice and strong from the get go - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIVp_F2FnQ4

Best of luck how ever you go!
Old 12-02-2014, 04:28 PM
colbyneal1

I'd like to go gas but it already had the moki 210 in there with the cowling cut for it. I agree i think its running rich but ive closed the needle all the way and it still seems to be rich?! I dont get it?
Old 12-05-2014, 06:54 AM
FBaity
My Feedback: (2)

I have a Moki 210 in a giant scale P-51 and it is a excellent engine. That being said my Moki is mounted inverted and the only way I could get it to run good at all rpm levels was to use a Cline fuel regulator system. The Cline system is not expensive and can be obtained from Cline & Associates, phone: 937-426-4167 or E-mail : [email protected]
Old 12-05-2014, 08:27 AM
colbyneal1

Thanks FBaity, I found that the needle had evidently backed out of its housing. I unscrewed it, put it in a vise and tapped it down a bit. Screwed it back down in the valve body, now it seats all the way down and runs pretty darn good. If I have further problems I'll try the cline reg. for sure. thanks for the reply! --colby