Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Genovese Brothers DR109 - help

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Genovese Brothers DR109 - help

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2017, 06:13 PM
Lightning Fan
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Genovese Brothers DR109 - help

Folks -
I've acquired a Genovese Brothers DR109 from an estate ... took me a while to figure out what it was. The canopy is trashed and I need something to replace it. It looks a lot like a two place Extra 330L.
I read that these planes were built to order, so I am hoping I can track down this builder to see if he has a canopy left.
I looked at Fiberglass Specialties ... nothing there. I have a question into Carden to see if one of their canopies will fit.
My vacuum former is not big enough for this one. Here is a pic of the same plane from a related RCU thread:

Does anyone know if this builder is still around, or how to contact him?
Thanks in advance.
Old 02-16-2017, 11:14 AM
suburban95
My Feedback: (9)

I believe that one of the brothers (Dave) was a member of my club (Chicagoland Radio Control Modelers) for a number of years (he was flying a DR109 that I believe he told me was of his or his brothers design). He hasn't been with our club for a number of years now. I believe he moved to the Fox Valley Aero Club of St. Charles, IL. after he left our club but I haven't heard or seen him in at least 4-5 years. You might try contacting the Fox Valley Aero Club and see if anyone knows more. Not a hundred percent sure he is who you are looking for but I am pretty sure he said he or his brother or both designed the DR109 he was flying at the time.
Old 02-16-2017, 09:10 PM
Lightning Fan
My Feedback: (17)

Well, you are right. After I posted this question I found a youtube vid with the Fox Valley logo on it. I contacted them, but no joy there - they say he has not been a member since 2014.
Carden suggested I try JTec ... I did not realize how extensive their line is. It looks like they have a canopy I can cut down to fit.
Thanks for the help ... really appreciate it ... RC guys are always ready to help another guy.
Old 02-20-2017, 02:27 AM
Tony Hallo

Received 50 Likes on 48 Posts

What scale is the plane? Here's a photo of 38% scale One Design that I have a plug for. The photo is a Frank Knoll design however I copied the canopy from the Bob Godfrey One Design.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1480.JPG
Views:	330
Size:	2.11 MB
ID:	2201922