Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Would you please Identfy this large scale airplane!

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Would you please Identfy this large scale airplane!

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2018, 10:09 AM
mkjohnston
My Feedback: (2)

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Would you please Identfy this large scale airplane!

Hi a good friend of mine gave me this large scale airplane last week. He thinks its a Great Planes Extra 300 ARF and I have no Idea what this nice airplane is. I am guessing That a 91 glow engine will power it very well but I am not sure. It has a wing span of around 70 inches and the wings bolt on to a metal bar that goes through the middle of the airplane! Please let me know if you have seen one of these Airplanes as any help will be greatly appreciated!
Thank You
Michael Johnston
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0863 (1).JPG
Views:	97
Size:	1.31 MB
ID:	2250945  
Old 01-13-2018, 07:20 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

Aeroworks Edge 540 .91-1.08
Old 01-13-2018, 10:21 PM
mkjohnston

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie
Hi speedracerntrixie, I appreciate that now I can hope find a manul for this bad boy!
Thank You
Michael Johnston
Old 01-13-2018, 10:32 PM
mkjohnston

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie
so speedracerntrixie I did a search and found that AeroWorks is out of business now! Do you have any idea where I could find more info on this airplane
Thanks
Michael Johnston
Old 01-14-2018, 01:23 AM
Greg Briley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there is a forum on this site for them. they are still answering questions while they restructure.
Old 01-14-2018, 06:48 AM
Mpizpilot
My Feedback: (45)

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Greg Briley
there is a forum on this site for them. they are still answering questions while they restructure.
Restructure? They’ve been closed since 10/16.
Old 01-24-2018, 12:39 AM
DGrant
My Feedback: (4)

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

There is no restructure.. They're gone gone gone.. LOL.. The Aeroworks forum has remained on this site thanks to RCUniverse for the owners of Aeroworks planes to share information is all. The Aeroworks company doesn't have a thing to do with it... nor do they respond in any way in that forum... rather it's the RCUniverse community that owns or are interested in Aeroworks planes and info that correspond through there... and actually not much anymore... There's very little activity there now.... check it out if you like.. it's in the forum menu somewhere.

Google the exact description Mr. Speedracer posted in his first response and you'll get quite a bit of info I think.. at least more then you have right now. There's a few other RC sites where Aeroworks is talked about much more then here. Aeroworks planes were very nice for their day... and in some circles are still very relevant... There's still several flying at my club. I own a 33% Edge540 myself.

Parts are hit and miss... but there's a few out there if you search it. Other then that parts can sometimes be retro-fitted from other planes/kits too... and/or build them yourself. There's no mystery how the planes were built.. They were all pretty straightforward from the kits to the ARF's. That little Edge should be a fun project and good flyer..and is by no means a monster. It's a cool plane... enjoy!!

Last edited by DGrant; 01-24-2018 at 12:42 AM.