Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Engine Suggestions for a Heavily Moded Senior Telemaster Scratch Build? DLE35ra?

Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Engine Suggestions for a Heavily Moded Senior Telemaster Scratch Build? DLE35ra?

Old 11-02-2018, 02:52 PM
noobdude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Suggestions for a Heavily Moded Senior Telemaster Scratch Build? DLE35ra?

Hi guys, i am building a senior telemaster with a friend and we are planing to put a DLE35ra in it. I know this engine is alot more than required for the senior tele, but there are some trainers on the market that advertise as 20cc to 30cc gasser planes, and they all have a shorter wing span then a senior tele.

I dont want to go with a 20cc as i am planning on putting this engine in some other future plane after a while, thats why i want to use a dle35ra.

I have seen somewhere on the forum someone using a zeonah 26cc gasser on senior telemaster, so what do you experienced guys thing of a 35cc on this plane.

mine will be a little heavy because i am building a custom aluminium main landing gear from a thick stock sheet which definitely will ad weight.
plus its quite windy where i live so a little more is always appreciated.

any suggestions are more then welcome.
hoping for a valuable debate. thanks in advance

Last edited by noobdude; 11-02-2018 at 02:55 PM.
Old 11-03-2018, 02:24 AM
CK1
My Feedback: (60)

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

The Sr with a 26 is way way overpowered but lots of fun . A DLE 35 has almost twice the power of a 26 and would be totally insane . I imagine you would require a tremendous amount of tail weight to balance correctly . If you do use the 35 you'll need much taller main gear , a 3 blade prop and lots of balsa , ply and covering to rebuild the fuse and wing after they fold up . Lol ....
It's all about the fun anyway ... right ?
Old 11-03-2018, 11:18 AM
noobdude

Originally Posted by CK1
The Sr with a 26 is way way overpowered but lots of fun . A DLE 35 has almost twice the power of a 26 and would be totally insane . I imagine you would require a tremendous amount of tail weight to balance correctly . If you do use the 35 you'll need much taller main gear , a 3 blade prop and lots of balsa , ply and covering to rebuild the fuse and wing after they fold up . Lol ....
It's all about the fun anyway ... right ?
you are right bro thats why i have changed my mind and i am now looking up for a dle20 intead
Old 11-03-2018, 11:20 AM
noobdude

that fun will bust my a......
so i will try to avoid to be that funny lol