Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Hanger 9 Cap 80'' vs G.P.Wagstaff

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Hanger 9 Cap 80'' vs G.P.Wagstaff

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2004, 04:00 PM
Bass1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hanger 9 Cap 80'' vs G.P.Wagstaff

If you had a choice, Would you prefer the discontinued Hanger 9 80' Cap or the Great Planes Patty Wagstaff Extra. I have an opportunity to buy a N.I.B. Hanger 9 Cap for about $30.00 less than the G.P. Extra and have heard good things about both. The only thing I don't like about the Cap is the one piece wing but I can live with that. Thanks in advance Bass1 one more thing, I plan on using a ZDZ or DA 50 with either of these aircraft.
Old 01-11-2004, 05:29 PM
Jaco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hanger 9 Cap 80'' vs G.P.Wagstaff

I've had both with a Moki 2.1. The H9 80' cap is a GREAT 3d plane. Elevators and harriers w/no wing rock, waterfalls great. Landing gear plate is weak and is hard to reinforce. Over time, normal landings on a grass field de-laminated the landing gear plate and the wheel pants went through the wing. The Patti is better at IMAC and is a very graceful flyer but will not 3d near as good as the H9 cap. Patti is sturdier, a little heavier w/less wing area, comes w/hardware.
Old 01-12-2004, 12:10 AM
Warren
My Feedback: (72)

H9 Cap...

Very good flying airplane; one of my all-time favorites!

I've had them with a DA-50 and a Moki 2.10; it does it all!
Old 01-13-2004, 08:28 PM
3DFLYERBG89

Go with the H9 Cap.....I liked it so much I have 3 more hanging inside my closet .....It flys just like my 33% Planes....It is so smooth and lands so slow and smooth ... that is one plane I always keep in my trailer just in case I see a fun fly..................GO WITH THE CAP