Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Routing Ideas??????

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2004, 11:54 AM
XLO-JOKER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Routing Ideas??????

O.K., This may be a dumb one, but does anyone have any nice antenna routing ideas for my Edge 540T? I just want to make sure it looks nice. My Rx is right by the wing tube(aft side). Any suggestions would sure make my day.

TW
Old 04-23-2004, 01:53 PM
Fixed Wing

Default RE: Routing Ideas??????

Run your antenna through an antenna tube routed through the inside of the fuselage with an exit on the bottom of the plane just before the tail wheel assembly.
Old 04-25-2004, 11:47 PM
XLO-JOKER

Well, I did it, Thanx fixed wing. You know what though? That antenna almost wasnt long enough. But it made it.
Old 04-27-2004, 11:35 AM
ptgarcia
My Feedback: (36)

I run mine through a tube and leave it inside the fuselage.
Old 04-28-2004, 08:10 AM
H. Wayne S
My Feedback: (18)

Well we all have different ideas on this subject. I run all my wires on the bottom of the outside of the fus. On the WH Edge, I drilled a hole in one of the supports, ran the antenna out the bottom and covered it with yellow electrical tape. cannot see it even if you look for it, and it is not close to electronics.( servos & wires.) Also, if you ever do have a problem with your Rx, it is very easy to remove and replace without threading it through a tube that MUST be fastened to the fus for obvious reasons.
Old 04-28-2004, 08:20 AM
splais
My Feedback: (25)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I addeda small block to the bottom center brace, drilled a small hole and run the antenna along the outside bottom of fuselage. Attach the the end of the antenna to with a small rubber band around a screw holding the tailwjheel on.
Old 04-28-2004, 11:44 AM
kgarvey

Need another idea? I run my antenna in the Extra Special through a tube that's located on the top edge and starboard fuse side of the wing tube former, through the next former top edge, crosses through center and through a rubber hold-down and along the top center part of the turtle deck. Keeps it away from servo wires and pull-pull wires. Tube does not exit the fuse and is not in the way when the canopy deck is removed..

Kip