Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Bridi Killer Bee Engine Choice

Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Bridi Killer Bee Engine Choice

Old 08-03-2004, 12:58 AM
PigHeaded
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bridi Killer Bee Engine Choice

Hello,

I am looking to find anyone who has built this kit. I would like to see what my options are for the engine choice. For those that do not know I have provide a link to some info about it.

http://www.bridiairplanes.com/hangar/killerbee.html

The plane is a 1/4 scale with an 80" wingspan and a wing area of 1140 sq inches. It has an estimated weight of 13 - 15 lbs.

It is an older pattern plane and I would also like to prop hang on it. I also want to add a smoke system.

I was looking at a gas power plant for the plane. The JAG website suggests that a converted Ryobi would work great. But I think it might weigh to much. I was looking at a Brison 2.4 or 3.2 gas engine. But I am not sure if this is a good choice either. If gas is not an option than I would like to get a recommendation for a 4-stroke that will work.

Thank you,

Jerry
Old 08-03-2004, 06:04 AM
Highflight
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Bridi Killer Bee Engine Choice

A gas engine in the class of a Q-42 or G-38 is perfect for that airplane. The Brison 2.4 would be even better because it's the same size, but lighter.
You're on the right track.

Highflight
Old 08-03-2004, 11:13 PM
PigHeaded
My Feedback: (8)

Default RE: Bridi Killer Bee Engine Choice

Thanks for the help. I was concerned that the 2.4 would not be enough engine.

Thanks again,

Jerry