Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

35% Aerotech Yak

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2004, 01:36 PM
jmiracle
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 35% Aerotech Yak

I'm seriously thinking about picking up one of these kits. Does anyone know if they're shipping yet, or if there's much of a lead-time to get one?
With the season being for the most part over for me, I'd like to get a kit soon for my winter build so I can have it done by spring. (I build slow. )
Old 10-09-2004, 01:55 PM
newshoundaussie

Default RE: 35% Aerotech Yak

Aerotech is building a 40% Yak for me this winter. Last I heard if you placed an order now you would be on the December run of kits.
Old 10-09-2004, 01:59 PM
otterdriver

HI jmiracle I don't know what the lead time on there kits are but I orderd a 35% Velox ARF in April and it is still not done. Mark,
Old 10-09-2004, 02:05 PM
newshoundaussie

Cubdriver, have they said what the problem is with the delivery of your plane . This concerns me as John said late March early April not a problem.
Old 10-09-2004, 02:12 PM
jmiracle

December, huh? Hmmm....wait for a yak or go for an edge...oh what to do, what to do!!
Old 10-09-2004, 02:19 PM
newshoundaussie

Talked to John twice in the past two weeks, he said 2nd run of Yak kits would ship in December.
Old 10-10-2004, 11:39 AM
DaveMiller

Hello,

I know the only delay Ive had with a recent plane was the fact they they had three storms and no power on many different occasions. Other than that I have had 2 1/2 years of buying from them without an issue. My last ARC showed last month. Lots of folks in here had had great dealings so I wouldnt get a knee jerk reaction. I have never know them to BS me. This is just my experience.

Dave Miller
Old 10-10-2004, 12:42 PM
newshoundaussie

Thanks for the info Dave, that's what I figured. Do you have any pictures of the planes they built for you.
Old 10-10-2004, 01:23 PM
ROMANBM

Yes some body have some pictures
Old 10-10-2004, 02:34 PM
jmiracle

definitely need pictures!! Where are the pictures of the Yak???
Old 10-10-2004, 03:06 PM
Velox Pilot

Hey,

I have asked also. John is keeping them under wraps until the last second according to him. He said he is not giving his competitors any ideas early. We laughed about it. Great guy and company. Im also on the 35% Yak list.

Later

Ted
Old 10-11-2004, 05:20 AM
sgolec

Me and my flyin' bud have the 35% yak on order. Can't wait!
Talked to John, very knowledgable. We all share the same
can't wait excitement. I really think this plane will be a great
3D flyer and worth the wait. Half the fun of building is ordering
all the "stuff". I have this thing built and covered a thousand
different ways in my mind. Any good tips on mounting the
canopy with no visible fasteners ?

I'll post pic's next spring, hope you all do 2. Shahn.
Old 10-11-2004, 04:34 PM
EC

Has anybody actualy got one of these yet. Has the September run come in yet?
Old 10-11-2004, 05:05 PM
DaveMiller

Hello,

He has had them flying since last year. I wanted one last year but he delayed the release for 2004. I think when I asked them last the 35% was flying in August. Im on the december list. I think also he has like 30 or 40 40%'s sold and almost the same in 35%'s. Im sure like the other planes they have flying they will be as good or better. 5 planes later and Im sold!

Thanks

Dave Miller
Old 10-11-2004, 06:20 PM
EC

Why does he have such a problem committing to deliver dates? Sounds like he doesn't want to finance anything.
Old 10-12-2004, 07:21 AM
Velox Pilot

Hello,

What kind of dum statement is that. They are no different than any other manufacturer out there. I cant remember that last time any ARF I ordered was on time or years ago waiting months for my carden cap that was delay many times. I cancelled an Extreme FLight Yak because it was comming and comming in for a year. I have a $100.00 deposit on mine and I dont think you can fund alot of planes taking smalll deposits. Get you facts straight before you slam any manufacturer.

Later

Ted
Old 10-12-2004, 07:47 AM
jmiracle

OK....just pulled the trigger on the Yak. I can't wait!
Old 10-12-2004, 03:03 PM
EC

Oh I don't know about a dumb statement but I do know that when I put a deposit on something the least I should be able to get is a delivery date. The last time I e-mailed Aerotech I told them I would gladly pay up front for a Yak if they give me a delivery date but they still would not commit to a delivery date. Sounds a little rough to me, testing the waters I'd say. Why would you need a deposit any way, to make sure people don't go somewhere elles and in the mean time you wait.

EC
Old 10-12-2004, 03:11 PM
jmiracle

Not sure who you talked to....but when I called today I was given a good idea of when to expect the kit to ship. As far as the deposit....I think $100 up-front to hold my spot in line is very fair...especially when I was told the deposit IS refundable! I was very impressed by that. (not that I have any intentions of changing my mind!)
I don't see how a small company like that could sell kits WITHOUT a deposit! It's the only way to keep things manageable. It gives them a very good idea of how many kits to run, and gives the buyer incentive to wait for the kit.

Seems to me like the above post is only meant to "stir up the pot".
Old 10-12-2004, 03:19 PM
newshoundaussie

Notice the date EC joined R/C universe. Seems a little strange?
Old 10-12-2004, 05:36 PM
EC

Why would it seems a little strange?

EC
Old 10-12-2004, 06:09 PM
NeoGenesis
My Feedback: (27)

Hey EC,

I'll tell you what......When you start producing large scale planes.......taking orders without deposit...........gaurentee a delivery date.......and deliver on time while keeping the price of the kit reasonable.......I'll order from you. Now saying that......if you do so...your company will most likely go bankrupt and have no operating cash what-so-ever. I'll drive to Canada and shake your hand when you accomplish this.....otherwise, quit beating a dead horse. It's a fact of life for that lets these small company's stay in buisness. I sure as heck don't want to have to buy every plane through a large mfg, not to mention it's kinda hard to buy a 33% or larger kit from Hanger 9 or Great Planes. I sure as heck don't wanna buy a ARF.

Neo
Old 10-12-2004, 06:15 PM
otterdriver

I know I will not try to buy a airplane again that is not in stock and ready to ship I have waited to many times while the flying season past me buy or I flew a borrowed unfamiliar plane in a contest. Hopefully someday Aerotech will have planes in stock to pick from because they have some unique planes and sizes that most company's don't offer. Mark,
Old 10-12-2004, 07:24 PM
jmiracle

You tell 'em Neo! [8D]

ORIGINAL: NeoGenesis

Hey EC,

I'll tell you what......When you start producing large scale planes.......taking orders without deposit...........gaurentee a delivery date.......and deliver on time while keeping the price of the kit reasonable.......I'll order from you. Now saying that......if you do so...your company will most likely go bankrupt and have no operating cash what-so-ever. I'll drive to Canada and shake your hand when you accomplish this.....otherwise, quit beating a dead horse. It's a fact of life for that lets these small company's stay in buisness. I sure as heck don't want to have to buy every plane through a large mfg, not to mention it's kinda hard to buy a 33% or larger kit from Hanger 9 or Great Planes. I sure as heck don't wanna buy a ARF.

Neo
Old 10-12-2004, 10:25 PM
DaveMiller

Hello.

HMMM. I guess Carden is out of line for taking deposits on kit runs also. Both companys have this policy. You can't hold a kit with either without it. Who cares anyway, I know if I don't want it John would refund my deposit that day. If he's behind he tells me and usually offers somthing as a Im sorry were late discount. I usually decline it because I know how hard they work to produce these items.

These are new kits and the story even with others is getting the outsourced products in on time that are also other small companys. Our hobby is full of them. How many times has any ARF manufacturer been on time with deliverys unless they already have them in stock. I have bought many items from Carden a while ago and Aerotech more recently and both have delivered on time and a little behind. It happens and both companys can be trusted to get you handeled. As stated by another post in here they are small companys and pre-selling is what most do and a $100.00 deposit won't fund a full runs of kits. Its funny how unfair people are in here with good small companys that produce what we the consumer want and then the nay sayers blast them. Go buy and fly the Wal Mart Specials Hack Flyers. You can buy two or three for 80 bucks.

Thank you

Dave Miller