Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Lanier Laser 200

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2004, 02:59 PM
Doug Clark

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lanier Laser 200

I am currently building a Lanier Laser 200. Based on all the experience out there, what servos will work best? I am installing a Zenoah 62 engine in this airplane.
Old 10-19-2004, 04:05 PM
WILDMAN 420
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Lanier Laser 200

I have the Lanier edge that is about the same size, i used Hi-Tec 5645's all around, one per surface, and a 5735 on the rudder in a pull-pull configuration, had no problems and flew awesome. I have an MVVS 58 in mine.
Old 10-20-2004, 02:39 PM
crash76

I have just purchased a used RTF Laser 200 with a Zenoah 62. I tried to fly it last weekend and it was impossible to fly. It would jerk around in any direction. Wind was about 6-7 MPH and any change in wind would through it out of control. I got a very experienced flyer to take control and he could not do much with it. He did manage to get it down close to the field and only broke off the landing gear. I believe the balance is a little forward and just before sending this message, I believe I could see that the engine is slanted up a little, although I am not positive. Besides CG balance what is the most likely area I need to check out.
Anyone?
Old 10-20-2004, 11:39 PM
JohnnyJ
My Feedback: (1)

This is a great flying aircraft.
Check this review:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...article_id=224

I have one that I hope to fly soon with a ZDZ60 on a KS tuned muffler.
I have heard similar good stories about the kit Lasers.

John
Old 10-31-2004, 02:29 PM
extra j

hi doug, i'm scratch building wayne ulerys original 1/3 scale laser 200 and plan to use jr 4721 for aileron and elevators . use a servo of at least 150oz for rudder if using a pull pull system. this is a great flying plane, im using a 3w 75 in mine.by the way i use these servos in all my large scale models with no problems. have fun!!
Old 10-31-2004, 06:34 PM
DMichael
My Feedback: (5)

Crash,

My first giant scale plane was a Wayne Ulery 1/3 scale laser with a Lanier foam core wing. This is a very stable design and should be a *****cat to fly. It is hard to diagnose given that I wasn't there, however, my experience is that a little nose heavy condition would not make this plane hard to fly or control as you have described. In fact, I would have guessed tail heavy.

If you can give us more info about your setup perhaps we can offer more feedback.

Dave
Old 11-01-2004, 12:22 PM
extra j

hey crash, you might start by making sure that all the incidences are where there supposed to be. they should all be set to zero, engine, wing and horizontial. also the c.g. range should be between 51/2 to 53/4 measured from the l.e. of the wing where it meets the fuse. let me know what you find.......