Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

106" Aeronica

Old 10-29-2004, 11:22 PM
Monsterman--HBF
My Feedback: (28)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 106" Aeronica

Hope this is the right thread for this..... I am going to aquire a Aeronica kit that is already built. I think the size would make it a 1/4 or 1/3 scale right? What engine would you guys recomend me putting in it? I think he told me there was a 1.20 4 stroke in it. I would like to keep a 4 stroke in it or go gas. If I keep a 4 stroke what twin would fly this plane well? I am unsure of the maker of the kit but I will ask to make sure and edit the post. I will also try to get a weight of the actual plane and any other specs.

Thanks for the help with not much info yet.....
Old 10-30-2004, 03:14 PM
Bass1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 106" Aeronica

Just a guess, but I believe Bud Nosen made an Aeronca Champ in that size. It most likely would be 1/4 scale. An OS 120 single or twin should work nicely. If it is a Champ, the extra weight with the twin or a small gasser (Zenaoh G23/26) might be to your advantage due to the short nose moment.
Old 10-30-2004, 03:49 PM
Monsterman--HBF
My Feedback: (28)

Hey thanks Bass1

I think your right on the Bud Nosen kit, that is all I have been able to come up with in my searches. I havent heard back from the owner yet, in the pictures he sent the plane looked nice and big... A good floater I think! I really want to go gas but a twin would also be nice a something new. I also think it had a 2 peice wing but am not sure. Thanks for the info though once I get all the information and its correct I will add or edit my post so I can get more help and more info to you guys.

Thanks again
Old 10-30-2004, 08:59 PM
jmount

Chris, I have a Nolson Champ. It is a two peace wing. A Magnum 80 is all I need. Won't do 3D, but fly's like a real Champ. I learned to fly full scale in a Champ.

John
Brevard NC
Old 10-30-2004, 09:12 PM
yellerchamp
My Feedback: (42)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi, I saw the champ thread, also soloed in a chief just like the champ only side by side. Would really like to run across a kit of a champ. I know their out of business but hope to run across one at a swap meet.............any ideas? I may have to get scaled plans of full scale.

thank's