Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly

Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly

Old 03-07-2005, 08:19 AM
harrier
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly

Just checked mine. It's straight. For those who have the issue though, don't despair, Chris is a great guy and will help those few out. Look at it this way, a crooked plane probably 3Ds better right? Sorry, just trying to keep it light.
Old 03-07-2005, 08:35 AM
BBriBro
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: Y N C

Those KMP YAKs don't look so bad now after all. You get what you paid for[sm=thumbdown.gif][sm=thumbdown.gif][sm=thumbdown.gif]
That's just wrong man, isn't that your first post in this thread? Have you been waiting through 90 pages, just hoping to catch a problem so you could make that comment? Personally, I'd fly a twisted one from Chris before I bought one that was ripped off from him. Chris has been outstanding so far in this endeavor, with his products, knowledge, customer service, the whole 9 yards, it is unfortunate, but he has built such a good reputation in such a short time, I'm sure most people will tolerate this upset more so then from another manufacturer.
Old 03-07-2005, 08:59 AM
NE0
My Feedback: (9)

I found my Chip Hyde Vision to have this same problem, but only about 1/8" drop on the right side of the stab tube, and the vert fin was fine. I shimmed up the stab tube as much as I could and got it down to about 1/16 inch out of parallel... close enough for a rookie like me.

My EF Yak just came in last week, and I didn't check for this problem... guess I better take a look! [] I tend to agree with Mike though... if you can get the stab parallel to the wing, maybe you can trim out the fin/rudder problem, but I dunno... maybe it's worth waiting 6 more weeks for a new one!

Tom
Old 03-07-2005, 09:09 AM
Yak Man
My Feedback: (1)

KNC,
You are correct. We got what we paid for: The real deal, not one of Chris's rejects.

Doug
Old 03-07-2005, 09:21 AM
Ricmussman
My Feedback: (24)

Here, here BBriBro

Some of these yahoos have no idea what Chris has gone through for this plane and his company. There is no doubt in my mind that Chris will correct this current problem and see to it that it won't continue on planes being manufactured right now.

I understand that we have paid a lot of money for these but remember Chris has invested for this plane to be in exsistense. My suggestion is to cut Chris a break! Maybe instead of *****ing and moaning about a problem (and it is a problem, I will check mine tonight too), communicate with him the problem, sit back and you too will see just what kind of a man he is. I have no reason to think anything different.
Old 03-07-2005, 09:52 AM
bodywerks
My Feedback: (4)

Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts

Agreed. But when you find something like this out at 7:30 in the evening, you gotta talk to someone. I have full faith in Extremeflight and I don't believe anyone else who has this problem feels any different. But you must understand our frustration after spending so much money on the plane and getting one of, what appears to be a VERY FEW bad ones. I actually don't feel justified in getting too upset, as I only found out about this plane about 2 months ago and was lucky, and I mean LUCKY (like the last guy) to get one from the first run. Nevertheless, a few of us did get a twisted fuse and the issue needs to be resolved...and it will be. Chris and EF have a reputation to uphold.
Old 03-07-2005, 10:11 AM
Torqued-Up
My Feedback: (16)

Not having read this thread over the weekend, I was shocked to read that there is a problem with the alignment of the wing / stab tubes on some of the fuselages... Being an engineer, there is only one way that this can happen with a jig-built structure... The jig got "bumped" and was mis-aligned from the get-go... Perhaps there is more than one jig that the manufacturer was using to build-up the fuselages, who knows... Even differences in weather (heat / humidity) between the manufacturering plant in China and the final destinations for these airframes should not account for the variance in tolerances of a jig-built structure... Perhaps quality of the wood plays a factor in this equation... I seriously doubt that shrinkage of the covering would cause a twist in the fuselage to the point where the wing tube is out of alignment... If it did, I would have serious issues with the structural integrity of the design to begin with...

All I know is that I will be MORE than a little disappointed if my Yak is one of the ones with a problem... I will check it when I get home tonight... When paying top-dollar for a product, any product, a consumer deserves to get what they pay for... In this case, we have paid top-dollar for a quality product, with superior flight tendencies, from a reputable company, that will hopefully take care of these issues in a timely manner... With the short supply of these airframes in existence, a timely resolution may be impossible as the only true solution is to replace the defective components, i.e. the fuselage...

Let's see how EF handles this situation... Personally, if I have this problem with my Yak, I will not be willing to wait 6 - 12 weeks for a replacement fuselage after paying top dollar for a "quality" airframe...

Old 03-07-2005, 10:27 AM
Maudib
My Feedback: (51)

As would anyone, I find the reports disturbing, but only to a minor degree.

If there are a few Yak's that exhibit this problem, then it could be simply unfortunate circumstances like balsa that had absorded moisture, then dried to twist the fuse.

Worst case scenario is that one of the jigs used to build the fuses was improperly setup and not caught... either by the manufacturer or Chris during spot checks. This would result in a higher number of these fuses cropping up.

The sheer quality and attention to detail that went into the design and implementation should lead ANYONE to believe that a situation like this is entirely by accident and not indicative of the manufacturer's ability to to build quality aircraft.

The most unfortunate aspect in any scenario is that there won't be replacement parts available for a while, add to that the long wait to get this far and the excitement we ALL feel to fly this bad boy... and there are going to be a few vocal people taking their frustration out... and they have every right.

But I feel confident in saying this: Chris will take care of his customers and the components exhibiting anything below his high standards will be replaced. He is probably on the phone as we speak determining the fastest possible resolution for those that have issues and have expressed it to him.

You know, for a guy who has already taken a beating trying to get these planes to us, a kick in the teeth like a hidden problem with one of the jigs could cause a fella to throw up his hands, take care of the problems at hand then quit the business.

There's a thought that scares me, as these (and all of the) planes from EF are simply awesome and the thought of no more great designs coming from Chris is a real bummer.

I for one am still fully behind Chris and Extreme Flight and his designs. He has not once given a single person reason to doubt his dedication to happy customers and I doubt we'll ever hear one bad word about his handling of an issue like this.

I'd recommend anyone with a problem of any kind contact EF for resolution and THEN feel free to respond here with the results of that contact.

Old 03-07-2005, 10:39 AM
stomper
My Feedback: (20)

ORIGINAL: Maudib

As would anyone, I find the reports disturbing, but only to a minor degree.

If there are a few Yak's that exhibit this problem, then it could be simply unfortunate circumstances like balsa that had absorded moisture, then dried to twist the fuse.
Worst case scenario is that one of the jigs used to build the fuses was improperly setup and not caught... either by the manufacturer or Chris during spot checks. This would result in a higher number of these fuses cropping up.

The sheer quality and attention to detail that went into the design and implementation should lead ANYONE to believe that a situation like this is entirely by accident and not indicative of the manufacturer's ability to to build quality aircraft.

The most unfortunate aspect in any scenario is that there won't be replacement parts available for a while, add to that the long wait to get this far and the excitement we ALL feel to fly this bad boy... and there are going to be a few vocal people taking their frustration out... and they have every right.

But I feel confident in saying this: Chris will take care of his customers and the components exhibiting anything below his high standards will be replaced. He is probably on the phone as we speak determining the fastest possible resolution for those that have issues and have expressed it to him.

You know, for a guy who has already taken a beating trying to get these planes to us, a kick in the teeth like a hidden problem with one of the jigs could cause a fella to throw up his hands, take care of the problems at hand then quit the business.

There's a thought that scares me, as these (and all of the) planes from EF are simply awesome and the thought of no more great designs coming from Chris is a real bummer.

I for one am still fully behind Chris and Extreme Flight and his designs. He has not once given a single person reason to doubt his dedication to happy customers and I doubt we'll ever hear one bad word about his handling of an issue like this.

I'd recommend anyone with a problem of any kind contact EF for resolution and THEN feel free to respond here with the results of that contact.

Look into the rear of the fuse. and you will see that 90% of the fuse is lazer cut ply. That and the fact that my wing tube is out of allignment as well, tells me the plane was built this way.

I have called and left a mesage on his machine so time will tell.
Old 03-07-2005, 11:49 AM
EXTREME FLIGHT

Wow, what a way to start a Monday morning! After a wonderful weekend ( I proposed to my girlfriend and she said....... YES!) this is quite a let down. But let me assure all of you this will be taken care of IMMEDIATELY. I held back several airplanes just in case there were any issues. I am not asking for any of these parts to be returned to me, but If at all possible I would appreciate some digital photos to pass on to the manufacturer so that we can get this taken care of before the next shipment. Please send me an email or call if you experience these issues and I will take care of you as fast as possible. I ask for your patience as I will have to unpack each fuselage and open the wing slot and check alignment and this is going to take a little time, but I will try to get everyone taken care of this week.
I apologize for the issues. I know you guys are dissappointed. I will make things right. I am in this for the long haul. This is not a fly by night operation, and customer satisfaction is my first priority.
Thanks again for your business.
Chris Hinson
Old 03-07-2005, 11:59 AM
dgfick
My Feedback: (1)

Congratulations Chris!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-07-2005, 12:02 PM
wgeffon

Conrats Chris on your enagement!
Old 03-07-2005, 12:15 PM
olddogg60

Congratulations!

And as always, Extreme Flight (Chris) is a class act!![sm=thumbup.gif][sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 03-07-2005, 12:15 PM
Apples

Wayne,

Does that mean that Chris won't have enough time for the hobby anymore? []

Roy

p.s.: Just finished the wings and stab work. I'm going to my buddy's basement to check the tubes.
Old 03-07-2005, 12:19 PM
J. AVANT
My Feedback: (11)

This is the wrong thing to put on this thread[>:] You can not even compare (that) to a ExtremeFlight YAK.
ORIGINAL: Y N C

Those KMP YAKs don't look so bad now after all. You get what you paid for[sm=thumbdown.gif][sm=thumbdown.gif][sm=thumbdown.gif]
Old 03-07-2005, 12:23 PM
Richard D Bahmann aka/Wrongway
My Feedback: (42)

Congratulations Chris!!

Richard
Old 03-07-2005, 12:24 PM
Ricmussman
My Feedback: (24)

Congrats Chris!!! There is/was no doubt from many of us that you will take care of this minor problem.

WE STAND BEHIND YOU< JUST AS YOU STAND BEHIND YOUR COMPANY!
Old 03-07-2005, 12:26 PM
jpa2002
My Feedback: (115)

Chris will take care of all of us, I have no doubts!

Here is a picture of mine:

Chris, I have emailed pics to you!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt56592.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	239560  
Old 03-07-2005, 12:35 PM
Mike Parsons

Congratulations on the engagment Chris!!!!

-Mike
Old 03-07-2005, 12:38 PM
J. AVANT

Hey Chris,

Congratulations.

I personally would like to thank you for the immediate response to resolve the few problems. You are a class act. never a doubt.
Old 03-07-2005, 12:48 PM
Aerosplat
My Feedback: (12)

Hey Chris, Congratulations on your engagement. I just hope she likes flying and RC as much as you do.

As always, you continue to set the standard for quality, commitment, and customer satisfaction. [sm=thumbup.gif][sm=thumbup.gif][sm=thumbup.gif][sm=thumbup.gif][sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 03-07-2005, 12:56 PM
J. AVANT

Hey Wayne,

your are right, Chris is one of a kind. Glad to have Extreme Flight to produce and stand behind his products. A+
Old 03-07-2005, 01:02 PM
Torqued-Up
My Feedback: (16)

Chris:

Chaulk mine up to one of the ones with a problem... I couldn't stand the suspense, so I went home at lunch to check the alignment of the wing / stab tubes... Sure enough, the wing tube is off by at least 1/2", left to right... The tip of right side of the wing tube is noticeably lower than the left... The stab tube appears to be correct though... I will email you directly with photos...

Also, congratulations on the engagement... I hope your's is a long and happy marriage...

Mark
Old 03-07-2005, 01:17 PM
coche

Hey Chris,

Congratulations on your engagment![sm=thumbup.gif]

I knew you will take care of any problems! thats why I am a proud coustumer of Extreme Flight!
Old 03-07-2005, 01:48 PM
SMALLFLY-
My Feedback: (19)

So much for Chris's flying time. Congrats on the engagement.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.