Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly

Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly

Old 06-06-2005, 04:10 PM
BARCC
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly

LOL, but i don't necessarily want free stuff, and ask for a whole lot, because they'll think I just want to fly for the money
Old 06-06-2005, 04:39 PM
bodywerks
My Feedback: (4)

Received 58 Likes on 53 Posts

Don't you have summer school or something??? I am sure you are a nice kid, but I think I will block you now...
Old 06-06-2005, 04:49 PM
BARCC
Banned

why block me and be rude? thats very Christian like!!
Old 06-06-2005, 04:54 PM
Jim Flannigan

ORIGINAL: BARCC

why block me and be rude? thats very Christian like!!
Have you read any of the posts you have put up?

You are now blocked by me as well.

good day
Old 06-06-2005, 05:07 PM
Maudib
My Feedback: (51)

Barcc,

The last two pages have been primairly your posts and people's responses to you. It bogs down a thread so... espcially this one that now has 174 pages of posts...

When you join a community... like RCU is an online community, it's best to post less and read more. And when given ettiquette advice by more than one person it usually means YOU are the one who is getting rude or out of hand.

We can certainly appreciate your enthusiasm, your interest in getting sposored by JR and whomever, making friends, etc...

But you do that in the right forums on the right threads.

The block feature simply allows users to ignore messages from a specific person so that they don't have to waste time reading through them. He's not being rude, he's saying that you've been given enough tips about posting off-topic comments that he's decided you don't have any meaninful questions regarding the Yak and therefore he's going to ignore your posts from now on.

Barcc, if you want to learn the tricks and perhaps become sponsored by companies... you have to be respectful. There are MANY top notch pilots out there who won't get sponsored because they have bad attitudes and treat people with disrespect.

If you read my posts to you earlier, you'd see I was trying to direct you to the proper way to use RCU as a learning tool. instead you just ignored them and kept on posting.

So, I've got you blocked too. Goodbye.
Old 06-06-2005, 05:41 PM
Josey Wales
My Feedback: (61)

Another reason you are gettin on peoples nerves is the fact in every post you make, you have to say how good friends you are with Mike M and other "famous" people..That doesnt impress anyone here..If you want to say you are friends with a famous person thats fine, but saying that in almost every post is just annoying...
Old 06-06-2005, 05:47 PM
katipo
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: Bosshossv8

ORIGINAL: katipo

The only other point of interests is that we put a Moki 2.10 in it with a 20x10 APC using straight fuel. Yes this one is methanol powered. It still needs lots more running in, but it sounds like it's working better and stronger every time we run it up.

Cheers

Very cool , a glow pawered 87" Yak. Besides the cost of the juice, I dig it . If you ever get video of with the Moki...please post it.

It is turning out that this plane has a multitude of flavors.

And that only makes it better.

Thanks Bosshossv8

I did get some video but it was just two shake down flights. Running the Moki on straight fuel with no nitro does keep the running costs down. I'm very comfortable with nitro engines and my setup must be one of the most cost effective (a nice way of saying cheep) around.
We will try to get the trim sorted out next weekend. I guess we were being a little over cautious CG wise.

Cheers
Old 06-06-2005, 05:54 PM
katipo
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: bodyworks

ORIGINAL: katipo

Hi All,

I just thought I would let you know that today we had our first test flight. And I would say it's the first down here in New Zealand.
All went well apart from a little ballooning when going into wind.
It's trimmed with a little up elevator so I think our CG is a little fare forward were my friend thinks it's possibly an incidence thing.
It balances in the middle of the Yellow stripe. Any Ideas?

The only other point of interests is that we put a Moki 2.10 in it with a 20x10 APC using straight fuel. Yes this one is methanol powered. It still needs lots more running in, but it sounds like it's working better and stronger every time we run it up.

Cheers

On the CG thing, you are definitely on the nose heavy side. Mine is balanced at about an inch (like 22mm) aft of the yellow strip. Mine flies almost neutral in all positions and is very stable. However, if I cen move it forward about 7mm or so it would probably be perfect.

Thanks for your input bodyworks.

We will rebalance it and push the CG back to around 10mm back from the yellow stripe and give that a try.
If anyone else can post their CG location it would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Old 06-06-2005, 06:01 PM
O.S. Master
Banned

BARCC is a good guy in school, lets leave him alone, and be Christians!!
Old 06-06-2005, 06:07 PM
rmh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oye!
Old 06-06-2005, 06:12 PM
BARCC
Banned

thanks O.S. Master, and I missed you at church last week!
Old 06-06-2005, 06:20 PM
Josey Wales

ORIGINAL: O.S. Master

Lets talk about the Yak..and leave religion out of this
Old 06-06-2005, 07:09 PM
STG
My Feedback: (26)

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah Johnson

ORIGINAL: O.S. Master

Lets talk about the Yak..and leave religion out of this
Jeremiah,

Without religion we could not justify wars...so we have to keep it.
Old 06-06-2005, 07:10 PM
Josey Wales

We can keep it..just not here
Old 06-06-2005, 07:13 PM
KatManDEW
My Feedback: (6)

I flew at your Fun Fly this past weekend BARCC. Nice flying facility and a nice group of folks.
Old 06-06-2005, 07:52 PM
BARCC
Banned

Thanks!!, you watch me fly at all?
Old 06-06-2005, 08:16 PM
romanrc

Good Locke Chris.

I friend of my Manuel Santos is in Troy too
Old 06-06-2005, 08:21 PM
KatManDEW
My Feedback: (6)

I sent you a PM BARCC.
Old 06-07-2005, 02:20 AM
Gotta_Fly
My Feedback: (2)

Hey Fellows

By all means the last thing I want to do is get someone pissed or upset, but seriously this has been a incredible thread, and Lord knows I have learned a wealth of information on my Yak, But I haven't been reading in this forum in awhile simple because I have a new project in which takes me to other threads, but I just happen to pop in and see what was going on in the Yak world thread and I really think its time to cash it in. I don't know how this works or better yet if this can be done and that is simple end the thread, Now don't get me wrong when the new shipment of Yaks Finely come in, some people would love to come and read this large wealth of information, So I guess my point is can you keep a thread up but have it were you cant leave anything, Now I wouldn't say this if everything wasn't covered in this thread but I'm sure you guys would agree everyone on RCU has covered more information on this Yak then any plane, So therefor any other questions from here out would simply be about the weather in your area oh and by the way I have a YAK. And last I don't want some of you to take what I'm saying wrong, and I didn't leave this message to be a smart ass in the less bit, My point is everything has been covered in ever angle possible, and the great thing about it is, if there is someone who just might have a question that's not on the Thread, He can simple PM/Email one of the great YAK flyer's, they would be more then happy to help. But like I said I don't even know if a thread can be changed into a reading post.. Anyway just my Thoughts... If you guys disagree then by all means keep it going....

Take care Guys

Randy

Old 06-07-2005, 04:01 AM
flyingcrazy
My Feedback: (28)

Never mind . Oops
ORIGINAL: Gotta_Fly

Hey Fellows

By all means the last thing I want to do is get someone pissed or upset, but seriously this has been a incredible thread, and Lord knows I have learned a wealth of information on my Yak, But I haven't been reading in this forum in awhile simple because I have a new project in which takes me to other threads, but I just happen to pop in and see what was going on in the Yak world thread and I really think its time to cash it in. I don't know how this works or better yet if this can be done and that is simple end the thread, Now don't get me wrong when the new shipment of Yaks Finely come in, some people would love to come and read this large wealth of information, So I guess my point is can you keep a thread up but have it were you cant leave anything, Now I wouldn't say this if everything wasn't covered in this thread but I'm sure you guys would agree everyone on RCU has covered more information on this Yak then any plane, So therefor any other questions from here out would simply be about the weather in your area oh and by the way I have a YAK. And last I don't want some of you to take what I'm saying wrong, and I didn't leave this message to be a smart ass in the less bit, My point is everything has been covered in ever angle possible, and the great thing about it is, if there is someone who just might have a question that's not on the Thread, He can simple PM/Email one of the great YAK flyer's, they would be more then happy to help. But like I said I don't even know if a thread can be changed into a reading post.. Anyway just my Thoughts... If you guys disagree then by all means keep it going....

Take care Guys

Randy

Old 06-07-2005, 06:53 AM
wgeffon
My Feedback: (4)

Closed threads are always available for reading.
Old 06-07-2005, 07:10 AM
BARCC
Banned

no duh!! lol
Old 06-07-2005, 08:16 AM
EFYAK
Banned

ok, so why we picking on BARCC?
Old 06-07-2005, 08:26 AM
Maudib
My Feedback: (51)

We're not.... especially since SOME people would sign up as EFYak, make their FIRST post on this thread, and come from the same town... AND they aren't online the same time as BARCC.

This is called trolling and can get a person or kid's IP address banned from RCU...

This is NOT the way to go about it bud.
Old 06-07-2005, 08:47 AM
Ricmussman
My Feedback: (24)

Well I flew my YAK again the other day still working on getting it dialed in. There was a bout a 10-15 mph wind. Under most circumstances this is not a prob but with the ultralight Yak and 90 degree crosswind and sweat in eyes. It was not a pretty landing by any means. To make a long excuse riddin post that would drag on and on, I basically cracked the the landing gear. Fortunatley I got a hold of Chris and he is going to bring a set to the XFC this weekend and I'll be back in business. It (the gear) is probably repairable but I feel safer with a new set. The plane was not damaged just the pride of the Red Bull was knocked.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.