Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly

Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly

Old 07-25-2005, 03:11 PM
bodywerks
My Feedback: (4)

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts
Default RE: Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly

Sounds about right for weight, considering the "lead" you put in it. Dump the dual 2700 nimh's (that's more than a 40%er needs!) and single 188 nimh and go wit 4800/2400 Feomecos, and go with a wood prop and CF spinner and dump the wheelpants and you'd be at 15 pounds even...
Granted, your plane, even in 100 degree 100% humidity weather probably still flies better than my 15 pound plane does at 6500ASL in 85 degree weather. Bummer for me. I also have decided to stick it out here in Colorado Springs until I get rich enough to move back to SoCal, which looks like no time soon[&o] So, sorry guys, you get to hear me complain about weight for a few more years...
Old 07-25-2005, 03:17 PM
Maudib
My Feedback: (51)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Without a doubt the QuiQue Yak is made by the same manufacturer.... not the same design persay, but using the same techniques like intricate laser cutting (even the cap strips are dovetail jointed)

The 102" HAS already been available but has since sold out... I have one... snicker snicker...

It comes with the same type of wingbags but has several differences... it uses pinned hinges and doesn't come with control arms for a couple off the bat. But defeinitely there is a tremendous amount of similarities.

That's why I got one... I know it will be some time before Chris gets his 107" out and I really wanted a 100cc Yak. (will still get a 107" though)

If there is anything to be said for the larger Yak, it's that it is not as fragile... since it is larger, thicker sheeting is used making it easier to grab hold of.

I wouldn't bet on anyone's ship date being reality with this manufacturer... QuiQue is sold out of his 72" and 102" and promised a 50cc version this summer.... well summer is almost over.

Without a doubt this manufacturer has themselves stretched thin and seemingly not filling much of anyone's orders....

One can ONLY hope that the EF 87" Yaks are being constructed (or almost finished) now and that THEN they start on QuiQue's 50cc and 100cc Yaks... If so, you had BETTER get 2 of the EF's if you can because it'll be spring before we see anything else.
Old 07-25-2005, 03:25 PM
Dave763
My Feedback: (1)

My 87'' EF Yak came in at 16lbs 3ozs with DA50,solid header,KS 1060 pipe,Fromeco Batts and regs,5955tg rudder 5945s ail\ele,Mejlek 23x8,Brison fg spinner.

500ft asl ......Plenty of punchout power, flies as advertised. Without a doubt the best flying plane I have ever owned! Don't worry to much about how much it weighs, just go fly it.
Old 07-25-2005, 03:26 PM
3D-Hooligan
My Feedback: (38)

What about the BME YAK?
ORIGINAL: Maudib

Without a doubt the QuiQue Yak is made by the same manufacturer.... not the same design persay, but using the same techniques like intricate laser cutting (even the cap strips are dovetail jointed)

The 102" HAS already been available but has since sold out... I have one... snicker snicker...

It comes with the same type of wingbags but has several differences... it uses pinned hinges and doesn't come with control arms for a couple off the bat. But defeinitely there is a tremendous amount of similarities.

That's why I got one... I know it will be some time before Chris gets his 107" out and I really wanted a 100cc Yak. (will still get a 107" though)

If there is anything to be said for the larger Yak, it's that it is not as fragile... since it is larger, thicker sheeting is used making it easier to grab hold of.

I wouldn't bet on anyone's ship date being reality with this manufacturer... QuiQue is sold out of his 72" and 102" and promised a 50cc version this summer.... well summer is almost over.

Without a doubt this manufacturer has themselves stretched thin and seemingly not filling much of anyone's orders....

One can ONLY hope that the EF 87" Yaks are being constructed (or almost finished) now and that THEN they start on QuiQue's 50cc and 100cc Yaks... If so, you had BETTER get 2 of the EF's if you can because it'll be spring before we see anything else.
Old 07-25-2005, 03:32 PM
Dave763
My Feedback: (1)

Maudib, since you have both to compare(you lucky dog) I'm sure you are right about the design. As far as what planes become available when....we will have to wait and see.
Old 07-25-2005, 03:42 PM
Torqued-Up
My Feedback: (16)

The more I think about it, mine flies really, really well at the current weight... It's hovering at less than 1/2 throttle and is ballistic on pull out... My DA50R is already broken in... The balance is perfect for me... Inverted flight is hands off... Inverted flat spins could not be any flatter... Right now, even with the brick batteries and the aluminum spinner, it balances dry at 1" behind the yellow stripe... Full of fuel it balances right in the middle of the yellow stripe... Plus the zero coupling in KE tells me it's just about perfect...

Not to start another battery debate, but I did the math on the Lipo's vs Nimh and the way my numbers come out I wouldn't save but 4oz... Yeah, I know, 4oz is 4oz, but in the overall scheme of things those 4oz would cost me another $200... Three additional regulators and failsafe switches just add more failure points... Not being cheap, just practical as I already have Lipo's I could stick in it, but opted not to... I still want redundant batteries on the Rx... I'm a sea level so I don't have to worry as much about density altitude, even at 97 degress & 100% humidity...

When / if these become available again, I am definitely going to buy an all white one for a backup... Plus I've got my name on the list for the 100cc version too...

Old 07-25-2005, 03:54 PM
Josey Wales
My Feedback: (61)

ORIGINAL: Maudib

I have 700$ waiting for the first Yak to come in either QQ or Chris'..Im hoping Chris gets his first cause out of the 2 Id rather get his but it doesnt even seem like there is a light at the end of the tunnel!
Old 07-25-2005, 04:04 PM
flat spin

There is light at the end of the tunnel. There should be some news in the next couple of weeks which with any luck will mean shipment dates. My fingers are crossed.
Old 07-25-2005, 04:24 PM
Josey Wales
My Feedback: (61)

ORIGINAL: flat spin

There is light at the end of the tunnel. There should be some news in the next couple of weeks which with any luck will mean shipment dates. My fingers are crossed.
I hope you are right..Did you speak to Chris? I wanted to give him a call but I dont want to be a pain..I know he's prolly more frustrated than we are!
Old 07-25-2005, 05:22 PM
flat spin

It is frustrating to say the least but we shall see how things transpire over the next couple of weeks and with any luck we will be able to get some in the not too distant future.
Old 07-26-2005, 12:03 AM
WaPilot

OK First of all........ In China and many other asian countries... Copy right law.....well we'll throw that out the window.....
Who is willing to pay more? Chris or others claiming it's their own design. Try visit one of their RC shows in China..... 10 identical planes with 10 different color scheme and 10 different names......sold by 10 different companies. Even here in US when I goto RC shows I see MANY groups of people (Chinese especially) carrying digital cameras and taking detailed pictures of competitions products...They call it 'product research' some calls it 'spying' . you take a pick. Chances are other manufacture has the exact same design with different name. Just because it looks similar..it doesn't mean it's one of Chris rejects.. I feel bad for Chris not being able to get his product in time. I wish him well and hope he finds a quick solutions.. NO flames please..I'm just telling you from my own experience... I too import goods from China.....
Old 07-26-2005, 01:30 AM
flat spin

You are absolutely right but the Toc 1 kits are Chris's rejects directly just one batch on. The ones you see from down under are the same from the same factory. THe manufacturer is able to sell them in the Asia pacific region but they are not allowed to sell them on into ours.
Old 07-26-2005, 01:54 AM
wgeffon

ORIGINAL: WaPilot

OK First of all........ In China and many other asian countries... Copy right law.....well we'll throw that out the window.....
Who is willing to pay more? Chris or others claiming it's their own design. Try visit one of their RC shows in China..... 10 identical planes with 10 different color scheme and 10 different names......sold by 10 different companies. Even here in US when I goto RC shows I see MANY groups of people (Chinese especially) carrying digital cameras and taking detailed pictures of competitions products...They call it 'product research' some calls it 'spying' . you take a pick. Chances are other manufacture has the exact same design with different name. Just because it looks similar..it doesn't mean it's one of Chris rejects.. I feel bad for Chris not being able to get his product in time. I wish him well and hope he finds a quick solutions.. NO flames please..I'm just telling you from my own experience... I too import goods from China.....
Kinda,

I can tell you what happened to Chris with his first factory was more than a copyright infringement or a stolen design.
He was robbed out of a lot of money that was already spent. That factory made money twice on the same set of planes.
That company still exists and is selling a lot of airplanes these days.
Some people are ok with that. I am not.

Its a very long, involved story that has played out here on the internet. The problem is that what you read isnt always the real story.

Old 07-26-2005, 09:09 AM
bodywerks

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

I know what went down between him and the "reject" company. It is based on what I know about that and what Chris is going through right now that makes me not even consider a plane from his reject manufacturers. Anyone else is free to do what they want and, like Wayne, I won't make a stink about it, just don't offer to sell it to me...
Old 07-26-2005, 09:34 AM
jrjohn
My Feedback: (24)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a buddie that sells circuit boards. The J's and C's come here and buy just one. they go back to Asia and make the board themself and sell it back to the USA at 1/2 the price of the origional product. They put my buddie right out of business, He hardly knew what hit him it happened so fast.

WAPilot is correct, they are doing the same thing with airplanes, how simple is it to take one apart and trace the thing out. I could even do that. We really make it easy on them when we send them blueprints and have them building the planes! Welcome to the real world, this has been going on for ages, whats makes anybody think airplane building would be any different or immune

So who's to blame? If we had the planes built in the USA they would cost atleast double, atleast! maybe 3 times. We want good quality at a cheap price so that leaves building the planes in the USA out of the question.

why are they so cheap coming from China? Because the people will work for 25 cent an hour in poor conditions, work there is a privledge, work comes bofore family in Asia. The people are willing to live in squaller barely surviving. they eat chickens and pigs they raise, snails, snakes and basically anything that slithers crawls or jumps. Our standard of living is so much higher it's not even comparable. They are in a sense our work slaves. (this time we were crafty enough to leave them working in their own country) I'll say no more about that.

If you build something nice, and your making money, you better make it fast because it will be duplicated. It's what we Americans want, we demand it! Cheap prices and quality. If we had to pay 2 or 3 times the price for this plane, electornics, cloths ect.... it would take money from our budgets that we would normally use to buy new cars, go out to eat, airconditioning our plush homes, fancy food, trips to walmart and don't forget that new car for the son or daughter on their 16th birthday.

To put in in simple terms, Our standard of living is high because theirs is low.

I don't agree with whats going on in the world, I'm not telling you this to bash anybody or make excuses. I don't want to argue about this. It's just the truth and sometimes when you know why things are happening it's just a little easier to understand, especially when you look a little deeper.

there... I said it

John
Old 07-26-2005, 09:53 AM
wgeffon

Its not all bad in China. One good thing that has come from China is my newly adopted daughter..
My wife, my 6 year old daughter and I have been in China since the 15th finalizing the adoption of our new baby. We come home on Thursday.
Her name is Mia. She's 11 months old.

Its been a great trip but as John said, things are VERY different here.

Old 07-26-2005, 09:58 AM
jrjohn

Congrats Wayne!

John
Old 07-26-2005, 09:59 AM
coche

ORIGINAL: jrjohn

So who's to blame? If we had the planes built in the USA they would cost atleast double, atleast! maybe 3 times. We want good quality at a cheap price so that leaves building the planes in the USA out of the question.

why are they so cheap coming from China? Because the people will work for 25 cent an hour in poor conditions, work there is a privledge, work comes bofore family in Asia. The people are willing to live in squaller barely surviving. they eat chickens and pigs they raise, snails, snakes and basically anything that slithers crawls or jumps. Our standard of living is so much higher it's not even comparable. They are in a sense our work slaves. (this time we were crafty enough to leave them working in their own country) I'll say no more about that.

If you build something nice, and your making money, you better make it fast because it will be duplicated. It's what we Americans want, we demand it! Cheap prices and quality. If we had to pay 2 or 3 times the price for this plane, electornics, cloths ect.... it would take money from our budgets that we would normally use to buy new cars, go out to eat, airconditioning our plush homes, fancy food, trips to walmart and don't forget that new car for the son or daughter on their 16th birthday.

Old 07-26-2005, 10:02 AM
coche

Wayne! [sm=thumbup.gif][sm=wink.gif]
Old 07-26-2005, 10:22 AM
coche

Radiocraft industries used to be here at Mexico! kind of the same problem! somebody that used to work there got the design and went to China and make a bad copy of the plane and Radiocraft went out uf bussines! [] people here will work for less money, but not as Asia!
there is a ton of difference betwen the original Radiocraft and the bad copy!! I will never buy one of those planes!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mj24771.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	301720   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm36906.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	301721   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ns45013.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	301722   Click image for larger version

Name:	Un34396.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	301723  
Old 07-26-2005, 10:26 AM
wgeffon

Yup!

I was fortunate enought to get an original RadioCraft Extra and it was an AWESOME flying plane.
Old 07-26-2005, 11:15 AM
jrjohn

As long as were on the subject about who took what from who. Lets start in the beginning. The Yak 54 was designed and built by "Yakovlev Aviation" in Russia.

This plane was not designed by Quique Somenzini, BME, Chris, KMP or any of the other companies that have "taken" Yakovlev Aviations's design scaled it down, had it mass produced and put their lable on it.

I doubt any of the profits from these kits are going to the Russian designer, and I'm sure nobody in our country cares either. How can we in good concience complain about somebody taking a design from us that we copied from somebody else. It's insanity.

I'm sorry that somebody was hurt in the process, especially Chris who is a great guy, and I'm sorry the Yakovlev Aviation according to their own statment is not doing well.
Old 07-26-2005, 12:21 PM
Mike Parsons

Congratulations Wayne! That is a great thing you are doing.

I am with Wayne. This has beenhashed over time and time again. I like many others choose not to allow my money to pay for planes that have already been paid for. You decide where your money goes as I choose only for me where mine will end up and it wouldnt be in this manufacturers hands if I can help it.

-Mike
Old 07-26-2005, 12:26 PM
WaPilot

Any John can goto China and order container full of planes and put their company name on the box and call it 'new revolutionary design by top RC pilot john'. I've seen Chris's Electric Yak 55 sold by another company here in US with diff color ....Identical. Who's the original designer?? nobody knows. But I don't understand people claiming their planes are better than the others......but in reality they are the same.
Wall Mart....... Capitalism gone mad
Old 07-26-2005, 04:23 PM
Fastlif
My Feedback: (2)

Holy squak fest! jrjohn is so right, its not Chris' or anyone elses original design, is the guy at the Yak factory that thought up the real one. Anyone should know that this hobby is nothing but copy cats and steal the original design and try to make a buck on it. Servos, radios, gizmos, you name it. If there was a patent on it, maybe it would be different.
Everyone can spend their money as they wish to who they wish, whether its EF, TOC or the next guy. Bashing people for buying what you did not buy is crazy. Brand loyalty is great, but its getting harder and harder to do, especially in this hobby when it comes to airplane arfs.

I wish Chris would get a few thousand of these things in stock, that way there is something new on these pages corresponding to the airplane directly instead of drama like this. I am sure Chris wishes the samething.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.