Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly

Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly

Old 08-02-2005, 12:59 AM
blue ice
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly

Got a good pic of my Yak after a couple of days of hard work. Not really, was at Oshkosh Friday. Didnt get to see it fly but I seen Sean Tucker fly his Oracle. Man is he awesome
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf98422.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	304551  
Old 08-02-2005, 07:29 AM
MrDHEJ
My Feedback: (5)

Is there any other place besides hobby lobby to get the canopy latch? I waited 3 days to long and now there out of stock. :/
Old 08-02-2005, 08:09 AM
Mike Parsons

www.atlantahobby.com has them in stock as of last week. I am not sure if Cliff has them up on the website, but give him a buzz.

-Mike
Old 08-02-2005, 08:49 AM
jrjohn
My Feedback: (24)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I watched the YAK fly at oshkosh, it wasn't much. I thought I heard the announcer say it was 360 HP. if so that would explain it's bleek performance. The Yak is available in two engine sizes. The larger is 400 HP. and comparable to the other extras, Pitts ect...

John
Old 08-02-2005, 08:58 AM
MrDHEJ
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: Mike Parsons

www.atlantahobby.com has them in stock as of last week. I am not sure if Cliff has them up on the website, but give him a buzz.

-Mike

Thanks Mike, i also just found them at www.newcreations-rc.com , very nice guy that answers the phone.
Old 08-02-2005, 05:08 PM
Torqued-Up
My Feedback: (16)

ORIGINAL: MrDHEJ

ORIGINAL: Mike Parsons

-Mike

Thanks Mike, i also just found them at www.newcreations-rc.com , very nice guy that answers the phone.
Kirk is a great guy... He runs New Creations RC... If you need anything electric, he's your man...
Old 08-03-2005, 04:11 PM
cadconversions
My Feedback: (21)

Well, here it is. I've had some questions on it and some interest but nobody showing up with the money. So here it is.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemID=118847

Guys, I've enjoyed this thread and will keep up on this thread. Just no way to get to this plane now so no sense in keeping it when someone. I hope someone enjoys the plane as much as I've enjoyed the thread and more.

Thanks guys.
Kevin
Old 08-04-2005, 08:14 AM
Josey Wales
My Feedback: (61)

I saw on EF's webiste that they will be closed all week..Maybe Chris went to China to see whats up with the planes?
Old 08-04-2005, 04:54 PM
Ernsbarger

No not really. I believe he is going to Chattanooga, TN for a EAC event.
Old 08-04-2005, 04:59 PM
MSP1957
My Feedback: (1)

I feel like a traitor. I put my name on the list for the QQ 85" Yak. [sm=disappointed.gif]. I should have bought Cadconversions Yak.

Michael
Old 08-04-2005, 05:01 PM
Josey Wales

Old 08-04-2005, 05:05 PM
Josey Wales

Old 08-04-2005, 05:17 PM
MSP1957
My Feedback: (1)

I hate to miss out on the EF 87" Yak, I love my 68" Yak. But it is kind of distressing, concerning the lack of manufacturer for the plane this late since the last shipment. I really what to support Chris, but like you said, we may end up with neither.

Michael
Old 08-04-2005, 05:31 PM
Josey Wales

Old 08-04-2005, 05:53 PM
Maudib
My Feedback: (51)

I wouldn't put any stock that QQ will get any planes either by any certain time.

Perhaps one of the reasons Chris hasn't come back with an update is that he isn't trusting the manufacturers promise dates at this point.

Would it do him any good to repeat an Aug. 1st date if the manufacturer has missed several dates already? It would only go to make things look worse.

Get on whatever list you want and wait it out. What will come will come and maybe you should take the first available aircraft.

I got one of the 102" Yaks when they were here because I was pretty sure the EF 107" Yaks wouldn't make it this year.

But here's the deal...

If EF's yaks were supposed to be here soon, then they are either being worked on or on their way... since we haven't heard the "on the water" announcement, I'd guess the first situation.

But if QQ's 50cc is due in September, thy should be close to being ont he water too... And I doubt they are woking on both planes simultaneously...

Let's just hope we see a "on the water" notice soon... that will let us know we have 3-4 weeks to wait.

And Yes...I have a 2nd Yak coming on this shipment and can't imagine not having a backup of this incredible plane.

Old 08-04-2005, 06:14 PM
Josey Wales

Old 08-05-2005, 04:56 AM
bodywerks
My Feedback: (4)

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

Sorry. Forgot to log out...
Old 08-05-2005, 06:30 AM
cbk07
My Feedback: (64)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Starting to sound more and more like thes few Yaks that are out there are going to become collectors items...bummer Chris must have money to burn or this is just a side business/tax write off for him.
I wouldn't count on anything any time soon. No news is bad news in this case.
Ya, that's gotta be it. Chris gave $100,000 to a company in China for nothing in return, has made several trips over there, and is not shipping any kits for no other reason than he has money to burn and needs write offs. This has to be one of the dumbest and most self centered posts I have ever read on RCU. I am not a friend of Chris' (or even know him for that matter) and frankly couldn't care less if there is ever another ExtremeFlight Yak imported, but wonder what the hell would drive someone to write something like this. Everything I have heard about this guy is good and customer centered and he gets slammed for being taken advantage of. Maybe he has a family and is on vacation for a couple of weeks. RCU is getting to be pretty sad in my opinion. I have followed this thread from the beginning, but think that it may have run its course. Craig
Old 08-05-2005, 08:19 AM
jrjohn

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: cbk07

Starting to sound more and more like thes few Yaks that are out there are going to become collectors items...bummer Chris must have money to burn or this is just a side business/tax write off for him.
I wouldn't count on anything any time soon. No news is bad news in this case.
Ya, that's gotta be it. Chris gave $100,000 to a company in China for nothing in return, has made several trips over there, and is not shipping any kits for no other reason than he has money to burn and needs write offs. This has to be one of the dumbest and most self centered posts I have ever read on RCU. I am not a friend of Chris' (or even know him for that matter) and frankly couldn't care less if there is ever another ExtremeFlight Yak imported, but wonder what the hell would drive someone to write something like this. Everything I have heard about this guy is good and customer centered and he gets slammed for being taken advantage of. Maybe he has a family and is on vacation for a couple of weeks. RCU is getting to be pretty sad in my opinion. I have followed this thread from the beginning, but think that it may have run its course. Craig
Craig, I have to believe the guy was just joking when he made the "write off" statememt. Anything else would be insane.

John
Old 08-05-2005, 08:44 AM
Ricmussman

Yaker's and Yak Wannabee's,

Don't forget that several people waited for over two years for this plane and I waited for an Extra 300 that never even made it. I have only spent a few days with Chris, when I met him 3 years ago and this year at the XFC, and he certainly doesn't have "money to burn" This has been said before and unfortanatley it will be said again because of IDIOTIC stamements made about Chris and his company,

NO ONE WANTS THESE PLANES MORE THAN CHRIS!

If not for his newlywed wife this company might not even exsist, not many of us can say that .... She is certainly walking through the fire with him and still giving him support and encouragment. Basically give the guy a break! He has had zero stock for this flying season, and he had to sacrafice about 60 planes to satisfy customers that couldn't "fix" (I twisted and reheated covering) the the nominal problem that arose back in Feburary. You talk about money to burn, his "loyal" customers burned $39,000.00 by getting a free fuse plus near $4,000.00 in free shipping. I am sure that many people fixed their original fuse and now have a backup on Chris' behalf.

Frankly I don't want to hear/read one more query about when the planes will arrive. They will get here AS SOON AS POSSIBLE! If you want to buy another yak from another company, go ahead, but that is in no way making Chris get his planes any faster.

If you think that I am being harsh, that is my intention.[:-]

On another side note, I am flying my Yak this weekend at an IMAC event in southern Ohio. Wish me luck! I didn't realize how bad of a pilot I was until I entered an IMAC event a couple weeks ago. I have reset my plane and hope to fly tonight before the contest. It was too tail-heavy and it had way too much control throughs for IMAC. So I made a new program and model memory for it. I hope to do better this weekend.
Old 08-05-2005, 08:58 AM
wuudogg
My Feedback: (14)

ORIGINAL: Ricmussman

You talk about money to burn, his "loyal" customers burned $39,000.00 by getting a free fuse plus near $4,000.00 in free shipping. I am sure that many people fixed their original fuse and now have a backup on Chris' behalf.

The situation with EF is an truly an unfortunate one. I've have purchased many products from EF for myself, family and friends. I appreciate Chris's work ethic and his committment to his customers. I will continue to patronize his business as long as they he has products to sell and can remain cost competitive.

As a consumer however, I don't care what it costs to make it right. Just fix it or give me back my money. I worked hard for it too.

Old 08-05-2005, 08:59 AM
wgeffon

On another side note, I am flying my Yak this weekend at an IMAC event in southern Ohio. Wish me luck! I didn't realize how bad of a pilot I was until I entered an IMAC event a couple weeks ago. I have reset my plane and hope to fly tonight before the contest. It was too tail-heavy and it had way too much control throughs for IMAC. So I made a new program and model memory for it. I hope to do better this weekend.

Ric,
See you there.
I'd be glad to help with the IMAC set up if you want.
Old 08-05-2005, 09:08 AM
wgeffon

.......and he had to sacrafice about 60 planes to satisfy customers that couldn't "fix" (I twisted and reheated covering) the the nominal problem that arose back in Feburary. You talk about money to burn, his "loyal" customers burned $39,000.00 by getting a free fuse plus near $4,000.00 in free shipping. I am sure that many people fixed their original fuse and now have a backup on Chris' behalf.

That is very true.
Check this out, there is local guy here flying an 87" Yak. Name isnt important. He called me and said his landing gear just "fell" out of the plane. He said he was taxiing to takeoff and the gear just collapsed. "No glue was used" is what he also said.
Check out these pics. I am not a engineer or a rocket scientist by any means but if the gear just "fell" out how did the formers split in half, landing gear plate crack etc..
What did Chris do? Sent him another fuse.
This guy ripped him off.
Trust me, Chris isnt making any money yet on these or any other plane he has sold.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv65711.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	305889   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bw71759.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	305890   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jo29916.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	305891  
Old 08-05-2005, 09:15 AM
wgeffon

There is also another local guy here flying one and he tells me one day that the fuse "broke in mid air"
HUH? was my reaction. He says he did a Wall and heard a pop and when he landed the motor box pieces that extend into the fuse had cracks on them. I found it hard to believe but, OK... Maybe.
Next time I see him at the field he doesnt have the wheelpants on his Yak. I asked him where they were..
"Oh, I flipped the plane on landing, broke the prop and busted the wheelpants"
"Was this before or after the fuse broke in mid air?"
"Before"
"Do you think maybe you broke the fuse when you flipped it on landing?"
"I dont know..."

I give up.
Old 08-05-2005, 09:21 AM
Ricmussman

As a consumer however, I don't care what it costs to make it right. Just fix it or give me back my money. I worked hard for it too.
That was just the problem. People didn't care! The fix took 1 hour MAX, not a new fuse. Some unscrupulous people out there now a "fixed" fuse and a brand new one, meanwhile Chris is stuck with 60 planes that he can't sell. At least he has plenty of replacement parts. I hope he gets several new fuses made to replace the ones that were given away. That will increase his inventory.

ORIGINAL: wgeffon

See you there.
I'd be glad to help with the IMAC set up if you want.

Thanks Wayne, I'll take all the help I can get. When are you arriving? I might come down tonight to make my test flights. The feild is 30 mins away from my house.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.