Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly

Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly

Old 11-03-2005, 09:26 AM
cadconversions
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly

ORIGINAL: JWilliams

Is anybody else having this problem, when I click on the what is supposed to be the last page of this thread is says it is no longer available or has been moved. But, if I click on the page about two pages before the last page it goes to that page and then I have to click next page to get to what really is the last page. Anybody know what is going on here???
Jeff Williams

I've had the same problem and it seemed to fix itself. Of course, I'm sure it will rear it's ugly head again.
Old 11-03-2005, 08:02 PM
Josey Wales
My Feedback: (61)

What are we supposed to use to attach the access hatch at the back of the fuse with? It looks like blind nuts are to be used but I dont have any left?
Old 11-03-2005, 08:52 PM
matus777

ORIGINAL: rcrick

Has anyone had the wing tube stops come out of their tube sockets in their wings ? I just noticed that the one in the right wing panel is broken into pieces and the one in the left panel fell out when I stood the wing up with the root end down. I am trying to think of a way to repair this without cutting the covering . The stop is a plywood "washer" that is suppose to be glued to the end of the socket to prevent the wing tube from going too far into the wing. I am thinking about adding an aluminum "washer " so that the wing tube can not cut into the original wood stop as part of this repair. Any other ideas or suggestions ?

THANKS,

Rick

Yes.....here's what i did. After retrieving the wooden washer i placed some white glue on a long "stick" and applied the glue down in the tube where the washer sits. Next i placed the washer on top of the graphite tube (standing up vertically) and slid the wing down on the tube/washer combo. I made sure the tube pushed the washer in place and then i placed the wing panel on its end, and while rotating the tube I removed the tube. The washer stayed in place.

Same thing happened with the other wing panel but i did not get the washer in place and after drying the tube would not fit all the way in....so i knocked the washer out, have not replaced it and have had no problems with it missing.
Old 11-03-2005, 10:13 PM
jrjohn
My Feedback: (24)

ORIGINAL: Josey Wales

What are we supposed to use to attach the access hatch at the back of the fuse with? It looks like blind nuts are to be used but I dont have any left?
The blind nuts were already installed on mine

John
Old 11-03-2005, 10:18 PM
Josey Wales

No blind nuts on mine..they look like they should be 2-56 ?
Old 11-03-2005, 11:13 PM
jrjohn

I had blind nuts and never used them, I'll tell you what I did. I put the little cover in place and then put clear packing tape on the seams. never thought about it again until now

John
Old 11-04-2005, 07:23 AM
Josey Wales

Thats a good idea! I may just do that! Thanks
Old 11-05-2005, 02:08 AM
BasinBum
My Feedback: (2)

Is anybody else having this problem, when I click on the what is supposed to be the last page of this thread is says it is no longer available or has been moved. But, if I click on the page about two pages before the last page it goes to that page and then I have to click next page to get to what really is the last page. Anybody know what is going on here???
Jeff Williams
Jeff,
I had the same thing happen to me. I checked and it seems there is a glitch in the RCU software. When the amount of pages exceeds the number of planes delivered the system locks up. HAW!
Old 11-05-2005, 10:45 AM
jrjohn

Chris, Your back from China for a couple of weeks now, can you give us an update please.

John
Old 11-06-2005, 09:55 PM
JWilliams
My Feedback: (6)

[quote]ORIGINAL: BasinBum

Jeff,
I had the same thing happen to me. I checked and it seems there is a glitch in the RCU software. When the amount of pages exceeds the number of planes delivered the system locks up. HAW!
For some reason I do not want to laugh at that, but it is funny.
Chris is back and swamped I am sure. I have been trying to call and get the scoop, if there is anything I can post from him I will.
Jeff
Old 11-06-2005, 10:15 PM
Josey Wales

Thanks Jeff..I hope we will get some good news!!
Old 11-07-2005, 06:37 AM
SpaceW

I hope so!
Old 11-08-2005, 12:22 PM
Prime_Time

Hey Guys,

Just got an email back from Chris Today and his Journey to China. Here's What He said.....

Hello Matthew,

China trip was both good and bad. New electric airplanes on the way, but as far as the 68 and 87" Yaks nothing.
After being told they were in production for several months I arrived to find none being built. Our manufacturing facility in
Malaysia is underway and our new laser tables will be delivered mid December. I will go to Malaysia first week of January
and stay until the first batch of 50cc planes is ready to ship. All 50cc and bigger planes will be produced at this factory
from here forward. We should have our supply issues worked out very soon.

Thanks for the inquiry.

Chris Hinson

Awsome Response, Hopefully They will get here in the begining of Feburary.
Old 11-08-2005, 01:02 PM
jrjohn

I'll wait for one! I see Lanier has one coming out in December, should be interesting to see.
Old 11-08-2005, 01:05 PM
Bob Laine
My Feedback: (91)

I have tried many, many times to call Extreem, and all I ever get is to leave a message. The message box is always full so it only leads me to conclude that that the only planes available (or will be) is the small electrics. Not being able to get the "quality" ARF..........That old dog want hunt anymore. Everyone else is able to get them.
Old 11-08-2005, 01:12 PM
SpaceW

Thanks Gasserflyer. And sh...... the former factory was not very honest! Ok, we will wait again! Hope Chris' factory will work as he want!
Old 11-08-2005, 01:26 PM
edgeman55
My Feedback: (25)

So Bob I guess that Gasser Flyer's reply with Chris's E mail does not work for you.But I do not see where you can conclude that the electrics are the only planes that will be available.As stated in the E mail Chris is putting together his own factory and will produce his own planes.I admire the man for sticking to his guns and not accepting a product not built to his specs.While it is tough to have to wait this out I believe as a owner of a Extreme Flight 87" Yak,profile Edge 540t and his electric Yak they are worth waiting for.I have another 87" Yak on order as I want a backup to the best plane I have ever flown.I am glad things have gone this route as Chris will be on top of there production and future planes will be the best they can be.Good luck and happy flying with whatever else you order.Thanks Gasser Flyer for the update,The future for Extreme Flight looks good.
Old 11-08-2005, 01:34 PM
Maudib
My Feedback: (51)

I don't think anyone, including Chris himself, can fault you for giving up the "vigil".

I'd suggest the QQ 85" Yak as the best alternative, and I believe he has them in stock... (they are made by the very same manufacturer as Chris just "had it out with") And are so close in quality that it's amute point. They have been reported to fly well too and come in about the same as the EF Yak did... the others seem to be a good 1 to 1.5 lbs heavier...

It seems the manufacturer stretched themselves too thin and relied on lying to buy them time... they ran out. But at least they did get QQ's planes delivered to him. I don't think they WANTED to be dishonest, it's just that the lure of lots of orders from varying companies and the $$$ proved too much and they bit off more than they could chew. Hope they get back on their feet too as they have a talented CAD engineer and good builders.

Now that Chris is setting up his "very own" manufacturer, I expect that 2006 is going to be EF's year.

ORIGINAL: Bob Laine

I have tried many, many times to call Extreem, and all I ever get is to leave a message. The message box is always full so it only leads me to conclude that that the only planes available (or will be) is the small electrics. Not being able to get the "quality" ARF..........That old dog want hunt anymore. Everyone else is able to get them.
Old 11-08-2005, 01:41 PM
Bob Laine
My Feedback: (91)

Edgeman, To be honest with you, when I made my comments I was reading someone else's post hundred's of pages back. I couldn't get to the last post to see the comments from "Gasser Flyers" regarding Chris's email to him. I too hope that he get's his company in order and is able produce quality kits for us. However, There is no excuse for the silence and disconnect that Chris has allowed to develope between "Extreem Flight RC", and his customer base. If he had the time to answer Gasser Flyers email, surely he could have taken the time to come on here and explain to his customers and all those on the waiting list, what is going on with Extreem. There are many other 87" Yaks on the market that are up to the same quality that Chris's are. BME, TOC, and QQ's. I'm not at all sure my comments would have been all that different even if I had went to page 251 first.
Old 11-08-2005, 01:59 PM
flat spin

Wow the highs and lows on this forum are amazing, it really is like your favourite soap opera.

Can i just say that Chris has had an absolute nightmare since his return. First off he was ill whilst in China which caught up with him big time on his return, i am sure anyone who has been on any kind of hectic trip will know how the adrenalin can keep you going, also he had to move house and cap this off with having to try and get stuff ready for forthcoming shipments (absolutely time critical) and receiving a large shipment of aircraft amongst simply having to catch up with the backlog of work which piles up over two weeks of not being in the office. A lot to contend with.

I 100% appreciate everyone's frustration, I have had a nightmare getting hold of him too and am alos awaiting shipments here in Europe. Bottom line is to send an e-mail to one person probably doesn't require the same measured response that you would expect someone to give to a post on such a high profile forum, although having said that the e-mail probably sumed it up quite well. I know everyone is givving Chris a chance and will continue to do so but he will come good with bith an appropriate response and a number of excellent products.

I don't wish to jump in and speak on Chris's behalf here but I would at least like to allay some peoples frustrations.
Old 11-08-2005, 02:02 PM
flat spin

Double post[8D]
Old 11-08-2005, 02:09 PM
edgeman55
My Feedback: (25)

The way I see it Chris will post here when he has all the information he can gather and will be able to give reasonable time frames for when his planes will be ready.There are plenty of other choices out there,but I feel this plane is worth waiting for.I am a fan of Chris because of his honesty,something that you do not see in this world much anymore.He may not be doing things in the time frame some demand but there have been many things he just can not control from thousands of miles away.I think his solution of his own factory will take this company to new levels.
Old 11-08-2005, 02:39 PM
BasinBum

Can anyone comment on the similarities and differances with QQ's and Chris' plane? It makes me wonder if they just cut a better deal with QQ and switched to his covering or something. Chris has been trying to get planes delivered for a lot longer than QQ it seems so QQ must have an edge that Chris doesn't.
Old 11-08-2005, 02:40 PM
ckoerner

I thought this thread was about Building and Flying the EF 87" Yak.
Old 11-08-2005, 02:49 PM
BasinBum

ORIGINAL: ckoerner

I thought this thread was about Building and Flying the EF 87" Yak.
What, are you new to Internet forums or something? This is still about the plane which is amazing enough for a thread this long. Go back and read about 5 pages on chargers and then complain.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.