Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 09:27 AM
NE0
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly

Ditto, that always has bothered me. I always try to stick a vaccuum hose down in there and suck that crap out when I'm done building, but I agree... you can never get it ALL out. Seems like something could eventually get in there. Of course it would have to hit right on the carb at the same time the butterfly is open, but that's not that hard to do.

Tom
Old 11-15-2005, 09:42 AM
Bob Laine
My Feedback: (91)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No comment
Old 11-15-2005, 09:57 AM
Maudib
My Feedback: (51)

I use a shop vac to clean the interior of the plane real good... they make intake filters too... RC Showcase sells them here:

[link=http://www.rcshowcase.com/html/accessories/carbitems.html]Carb Trumpets & Filters[/link]

ORIGINAL: Bosshossv8

While learning the DA ropes on my REJECT, something struck me as I was looking at that hole in the firewall. The Carb sucks air from the fuse , right?? What about the the little bits of crap that can get into your plane....can they be sucked into the carb and do a nasty on the engine??

I just for the heck of it, turned my plane upside down with the help of friend and shook it ...HARD. And a lot of dust and little particulate came out......destined for the carb , right? Or, not???

Does ANYONE run a filter or a screen on their carbs for this reason...and has anyone had the same thoughts??? Or do I ust have a dirty plane, and all of you have immaculate clean one?? (heading off the jokes).
Old 11-15-2005, 10:02 AM
jrjohn
My Feedback: (24)

I always blow/shake my plane out so crap doesn't get in the engine. I'll tell you the worst thing you can get in your engine. DUST OR PARTICULATE FROM CUTTING YOUR COWL You can't believe the damage it will do to your engine. Make sure you clean the inside of your cowl when your done cutting and sanding

John
Old 11-15-2005, 10:04 AM
Bosshossv8
My Feedback: (10)

see, i knew I wasn't the only one thinking about it. Anyone running one of those filters??

Sorry Bob, I don't mean to induce paranoia. this hobby is wonderful , in that every detail can be obsessed about.....or you can just ....SHUT UP AND FLY. I choose do the latter more than former, myself.

I is just that this plane begs for every detail to be obsessed about, because the results are stunning.
Old 11-15-2005, 10:43 AM
Josey Wales
My Feedback: (61)

I think Ill bring my Yak to the emergency room and have it x-rayed and sterilized!!
Old 11-15-2005, 10:50 AM
Maudib
My Feedback: (51)

Don't steralize it!!!! We need that thing to procreate...

ORIGINAL: Josey Wales

I think Ill bring my Yak to the emergency room and have it x-rayed and sterilized!!
Old 11-15-2005, 10:56 AM
Josey Wales

ORIGINAL: Maudib

Don't steralize it!!!! We need that thing to procreate...
LOL!
Old 11-15-2005, 11:13 AM
EXTREME FLIGHT

Here's a quick news update which will be posted to our website this afternoon. Sorry to be so vague about our new releases. It will be my new policy to introduce new products once I have confirmation that they are on the water. Hope this answers everyone's questions. Sorry it's abit long winded.
Winter 2005/2006 News

Holiday greetings from all of us at Extreme Flight RC. I trust everyone has had a great flying season and all the birds are still in one piece (or at least repairable). I did my share of flying, but not nearly as much as I’d have liked. I’ve been extremely busy trying to get things in order for a “re-launch†of our company early next year. Between travels to China, hiring a new CAD design guy (more about him later), finishing up 3 new prototypes and planning the start of a new factory in Malaysia, I’ve had my plate full. Things are beginning to fall in place for the next chapter in the Extreme Flight RC story, and it’s going to be exciting!
Now about the new guy. We’d like to welcome on board Mr. Mike Hall of Aerolock Models fame. Many of you probably know Mike from his Pitts 12 and Miss June electric designs. Mike is a brilliant CAD engineer who really knows his stuff. Mike is a stickler for scale appearance and is the perfect counterpoint to my “stretch it here, lower that stab and make the rudder bigger†mentality. Together we have developed some new planes that we are really excited about. Mike will accompany me to Malaysia to oversee the initial production run of our first airplanes there. Upon returning to the States, Mike will become a member of our full time staff in our home office in Cumming, GA. He will also help me handle the phones and will be able to answer any questions you may have about our products. We are very excited to have Mike with us.
What’s up in China? I visited 5 factories while in China and all of them were building 87†Yaks! All of them but the factory working for us! There are no EFRC 87†Yaks being built at this time! To be honest, I do not know whether to have them manufactured at all at this point. There will be at least 8-10 of these models, almost identical to ours (but heavier) on the market soon. We already have considerable time and resources invested in our next 50cc release (the first plane that will be built in Malaysia) and it will probably be available before the Yak is. The Yak is but one of many designs we intend to produce and the new 50cc release will certainly perform every bit as well as the Yak. It will feature all of the unique design elements and hardware that have made the 50cc Yak such a success, and it is slightly bigger than the Yak. Weight will be identical. I promise you if you like the 50cc Yak, you will love this plane.
We have been fortunate enough to begin working with a new factory in China that specializes in electric aircraft. We have a new series of electric aircraft that we are very excited about bringing to market. I can’t give away too much information yet as we are planning a contest to kick off the release of this plane in which one lucky person will win a complete airplane/motor/esc combo. More details about this soon. The planes are being built now (I saw it with my own eyes!) and should leave China before the end of December. These planes are fully IMAC and 3D capable scale aerobats that look and fly amazingly like their bigger counterparts. Russell and I are getting acquainted with the new 2006 IMAC sequence with the prototypes right outside our shop! I never thought I would get so hooked on electric airplanes. My flying buddies are only too quick to remind me of the time a few years back when I proclaimed, “I’ll never fly electric planesâ€. Never say never! Of course those were the days of brushed motors, Ni-Cads, poor power, short flight times and marginal performance. Times have changed. Stay tuned for details on these exciting new planes and the contest.
We’ve also added some new sizes to our Torque series outrunner motor line. This series of motors has been extremely well received by the electric community, and are built to the same high standards as our aircraft. Our new larger motors will power airplanes up to 3.5 lbs with incredible authority. Please see the Torque motor product page for more details about these new sizes. New, larger motors are being developed.
If you are looking for a new motor for your indoor planes this winter, please consider one of our small Torque outrunners. If you need a very light motor for that 5-8 oz. foamie check out the Torque 34T/1520. This thing is a monster on 2 cells and simply obscene on 3. This is hands down the best motor for the 30â€-35†3D indoor foamies. Coupled with our Airboss 8 Amp ESC, this is a potent package for sport or contest flying. If you are serious about 3D electric flight, check out the Torque line of brushless outrunner motors.

So what about the big planes! Yes, I want one too! The factory in Malaysia will specialize in 50cc and bigger airframes. I along with a small team will leave for Malaysia right after ringing in the new year in January. We will stay through the first production run of aircraft. I am taking Mike Hall with me, along with one of the most respected custom builders in the industry. We will be training what are already highly skilled workers to build our planes, down to the smallest detail. We plan on doing the new 50cc release first, followed by the 107†Yak. Look for a 40% release shortly thereafter. The wheels have been in motion for several months on this project and our laser machines have been purchased and are to be delivered to the factory mid December. The facility is very modern with a climate controlled work environment and will be managed by a very competent group of workers and businessmen. Quality control will be very strict and each aircraft will pass through several stages of inspections. Our goal is to raise the level of quality of our aircraft to that of a custom builder. We are going to extremes to achieve this, as we know that most of you will settle for nothing short of the best. Neither will we. Look for the first shipments to begin reaching our shores around April 2006.
My mother and father, Judy and Louie Hinson will be handling the office duties while I’m abroad. While their knowledge of RC airplanes is limited, they will do their best to accommodate our customers. Team Extreme Flight pilots Russell Reel, Jeff Williams and Mike Parsons will be on call in case technical assistance is needed.
Once again, thank you to all of our loyal customers who have stood by us through our ordeals of the past couple of years. We are working very hard to make 2006 the year that Extreme Flight RC is able to deliver the goods. Stay tuned!
Happy Holidays to you and your family.
Best Regards,
Chris Hinson
President
Extreme Flight RC

Take a kid flying!
Old 11-15-2005, 11:28 AM
jrjohn

Chris, is the new 50cc plane your referring to a Yak 54?

john
Old 11-15-2005, 11:52 AM
Bob Laine
My Feedback: (91)

Calling all puppets
Old 11-15-2005, 11:55 AM
wgeffon
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: jrjohn

john

No.
Old 11-15-2005, 11:56 AM
jrjohn

55?
Old 11-15-2005, 12:30 PM
Josey Wales

What happens if replacement parts are needed for the existing Yak? Are we all SOL??[:@]
Old 11-15-2005, 12:49 PM
EXTREME FLIGHT

I've got plenty of replacement parts in stock at this time.
Old 11-15-2005, 01:23 PM
MSP1957
My Feedback: (1)

Congratulations Chris! Is there a wait list for the E-model (IMAC 3-d) you mentioned?

Michael
Old 11-15-2005, 02:40 PM
SpaceW

If i have understood the update ( sorry i am french )urs the yak 54 87" will be not here before a long time, maybe will be never here?
"To be honest, I do not know whether to have them manufactured at all at this point. There will be at least 8-10 of these models, almost identical to ours". Am i right? ( the meaning)

However felicitation EFRC :you offer great prospects! I am eager to see the new planes, especially the new 50cc and the 107"!
Old 11-15-2005, 03:07 PM
Josey Wales

ORIGINAL: EXTREME FLIGHT

I've got plenty of replacement parts in stock at this time.
Well thats good to hear that your not going to leave us hangin out to dry with a plane and no parts.

.Im not a bizness person but my vote is to continue making your Yak..even if others are making one they cant compare to yours..And if you get your supply issues straightened out. I have a feeling its the other manufacturers that will be loosing the market cause I know people want your product and given the choice a lot would pick the EF..
Old 11-15-2005, 04:54 PM
Prime_Time

So What type of plane is it 54, 55??????? need info, same color scheme??

(Not sure I like the change! I need pics!)

Prime Time
Old 11-15-2005, 05:04 PM
SpaceW

Gasser Flyer : be patient :
It will be my new policy to introduce new products once I have confirmation that they are on the water
Sorry for my last question : I have read the update minutely and i have understood. It's not a great news!! If Chris stops building his 50cc yaks what will become the people on the waiting list? I am sure that the new 50cc plane will be fine but the yak is the " original"
Old 11-15-2005, 05:14 PM
Prime_Time

I know he cant jeopordize his work, but why stop building the most famous yak! Yea maybe there's 10 other yaks out on the market, but who makes the best one......... I think I have said enough. Like I said, I need to see his new work before I can make my opinion. But its hard not to see the old yaks put up on the shelf.

Prime Time
Old 11-15-2005, 05:20 PM
SpaceW

I agree with you Gasser Flyer.
But its hard not to see the old yaks put up on the shelf.
However we have to be poised : the EF yak54 50cc is not definitely dead!
Old 11-15-2005, 05:24 PM
Josey Wales

ORIGINAL: SpaceW

However we have to be poised : the EF yak54 50cc is not definitely dead!
lets hope not
Old 11-15-2005, 05:37 PM
matus777

ORIGINAL: wgeffon

ORIGINAL: jrjohn

john

No.
Wayne,
a CUB?
Old 11-15-2005, 07:45 PM
wgeffon
My Feedback: (4)

Lou,

Dammit... OK the secret is out but it will have a kick ***** color scheme.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.