Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly

Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly

Old 11-15-2005, 08:07 PM
jrjohn
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly

I'm not sure this secret stuff is a good idea. It's quite possible that loyal customers that just got done waiting 6-8 months for a plane that now appears will never arrive will be offended. I don't think I would do this.

Just my opinion

john
Old 11-15-2005, 08:41 PM
Bosshossv8
My Feedback: (10)

Well, at least we know the 107's are still on the burner...

My Yak-54's just went one more layer deep in the warehouse. I hope the new 50cc release is a winner, Hall's electric P-12 is awesome and out of production, a friend has one and it is absolutely the best E-bipe I have seen, I have wanted one since I first saw it.

So with him on board, I am betting on a 50cc Pitts P-12 with yellow and red scheme, love that Sukhoi round nose and swept tail on a Pitts...... yup , thats my bet.

Cool. put me down for 2.
Old 11-15-2005, 09:28 PM
matus777

ORIGINAL: wgeffon

Lou,

Dammit... OK the secret is out but it will have a kick ***** color scheme.

Yes...kick *****....but can you promise a clip wing?...please say YES!
Old 11-15-2005, 09:32 PM
Jim Flannigan

Nothing looks better than a torque rolling Cub!
Old 11-15-2005, 10:02 PM
sloanfs

Chris, Congratulations man! Sounds like things are finally starting to go your way. You deserve it.
BTW I'm starting to run a little low on my supply of EF edge profiles, Hint hint

Good luck bro! And hope to do some flying with you soon.
Old 11-15-2005, 10:16 PM
Mike Parsons

ORIGINAL: Jim Flannigan

Nothing looks better than a torque rolling Cub!
With smoke....
Old 11-16-2005, 10:13 AM
Bosshossv8

Just in case anyone was wondering about the new CAD guy for EF , he makes some awesome models.

A friend has a Pitts M12 that he bought from [link=http://www.aerolockmodels.com/shop/]Aerolock models[/link]

It is an awesome E-plane, my friends Aerolock Pitts gets more attention at the fiedl than any of the other built up E-planes at our field. It is simply a work of art.

EF planes are only going to get better with this guy at the CAD console.

Old 11-16-2005, 10:33 AM
Bob Laine
My Feedback: (91)

no comment
Old 11-16-2005, 10:46 AM
EXTREME FLIGHT

Not trying to offend anyone with secrecy. But I've learned a couple of things over the past few years.
1. A good design that is successful WILL be copied, especially in China. I don't want the same thing to happen as did with the 87" Yak where other companies had my plane to market before I did. At least this way I know I will receive at least one shipment of a new design before it is copied.
2. It is futile to try to predict for people when a plane will be in stock. Once it is on the water and I have received confirmation of this from the freight forwarder I know for sure they are on the way. Do you know how many times I have answered,"When will the 87" Yaks be in stock?" The only answer I could give was "I don't know". That makes me feel like an idiot and I'm sure puts some people off. I want to avoid this in the future.
I am putting everything I have into this venture, and I've got to make it work. I have taken a beating financially over the past few years and often questioned continuing to do this. Many times I've had to borrow money from my fiance' to pay the warehouse rent or my truck payment. I am about 6 months away from finishing up on a bachelor's degree in telecommunications management and computer networking at DeVry and it would be so easy to finish up and look for an IT job. But this is my passion, it's what I love and I'll do everything possible to make it work.
Old 11-16-2005, 10:53 AM
Maudib
My Feedback: (51)

That's probably a safe bet Bob, that way you don't risk disappointment...

But then again, you may risk not getting one of the "first batch" either...

A 50cc Pitts 12 huh? Somehow it would not surprise me at all. And kept light it very well could offer even better wingloading than the Yak does.

Of course it's all conjecture... but I don't mind getting my hopes up. I've had them fulfilled AND deflated...

Hey Chris... WHATEVER this surprise thing is... well you know the spiel... "Put me on the list"...

There... that should put me near the top of that one.

In fact... Put in a standing order for EVERY plane you come out with... well... except a Cub!

J. David Johnson

ORIGINAL: Bob Laine

As for myself.........I'll wait and see what 2006 brings.. I've had Enough "Hype." about planes that never arrive, and somehow I just can't get excited with an electric plane.
Old 11-16-2005, 11:05 AM
Bosshossv8

ORIGINAL: Maudib

Hey Chris... WHATEVER this surprise thing is... well you know the spiel... "Put me on the list"...

In fact... Put in a standing order for EVERY plane you come out with... well... except a Cub!

J. David Johnson

Hey Chris.......DITTO on what Maudib says . I know I am on list for the 107....but ditto what Maudib says about the "new one".

We need to pettition Congress and make them make the Chinese adhere to OUR Copyright laws. THey can skirt common rules by being "overseas". If the Chinese want to do business here, they should adhere to our rules. Of course fickle US customers drive the cheap knock off markets,,,,,,,,,myself included. Just look at the shoes we wear, the products we buy at Walmart , the trinkets in flashy boxes on every counter of every Walgreens....

Heck, Chris put me on the list twice, I'll take Bob's.

Mike
Old 11-16-2005, 11:36 AM
Richard D Bahmann aka/Wrongway
My Feedback: (42)

Here is a valad question for Chris. If one is already on the list for the 50CC yak, will they be given the opportunity to transfer to the list for the new 50CC (X-Plane)?

Would be a fair thing but a good question to ask early. If so, when?

Richard Bahmann
(Currently on Chris's list for 2 - 50CC Yaks)
Old 11-16-2005, 11:39 AM
jrjohn

ORIGINAL: Bosshossv8

ORIGINAL: Maudib

J. David Johnson

Hey Chris.......DITTO on what Maudib says . I know I am on list for the 107....but ditto what Maudib says about the "new one".

We need to pettition Congress and make them make the Chinese adhere to OUR Copyright laws. THey can skirt common rules by being "overseas". If the Chinese want to do business here, they should adhere to our rules. Of course fickle US customers drive the cheap knock off markets,,,,,,,,,myself included. Just look at the shoes we wear, the products we buy at Walmart , the trinkets in flashy boxes on every counter of every Walgreens....

Heck, Chris put me on the list twice, I'll take Bob's.

Mike

Mike, your missing something. The Chineese are NOT doing business here. We are doing business THERE. We have to follow their laws, they do not have to follow ours. If they followed our rules, the workers would be getting no less than Min. wage. Money would be witheld for social security, state and fed tax.
If that was the case we would not have ARF's built in china becasue you could build them for the same price as in the USA.

john
Old 11-16-2005, 11:47 AM
Bob Laine
My Feedback: (91)

Chris, Not trying to offend anyone with secrecy. But I've learned a couple of things over the past few years.

This is what I've learned over the past few years.

1. A good design that is successful WILL be copied, especially in China. I don't want the same thing to happen as did with the 87" Yak where other companies had my plane to market before I did. At least this way I know I will receive at least one shipment of a new design before it is copied.

First off, The "Yak," was a "Russian" designed aircraft, Not an "Extream Flight," designed aircraft. So......The Chinese stole the Yak from you, Big Deal, Youn stole it from the Russians....... You only adapted it For the RC. IS THERE NO HONOR AMONG THEIVES?

2. It is futile to try to predict for people when a plane will be in stock. Once it is on the water and I have received confirmation of this from the freight forwarder I know for sure they are on the way. Do you know how many times I have answered,"When will the 87" Yaks be in stock?" The only answer I could give was "I don't know". That makes me feel like an idiot and I'm sure puts some people off. I want to avoid this in the future.

I agree with this statement completely. In the future....Don't tell us when the planes are on the ship, tell us when the planes are in stock and being shipped. I remember wwhen the "Planes were coming in TWO waves, by AIR & by SEA

I am putting everything I have into this venture, and I've got to make it work. I have taken a beating financially over the past few years and often questioned continuing to do
this. Many times I've had to borrow money from my fiance' to pay the warehouse rent or my truck payment.

That's what most people who want to go into business have to do. It takes capital for any new company that is formed. Some, even have to borrow for their edcutation and work part time job's while they go to college.

I am about 6 months away from finishing up on a bachelor's degree in telecommunications management and computer networking at DeVry and it would be so easy to finish up and look for an IT job. But this is my passion, it's what I love and I'll do everything possible to make it work.

I suggest that you use that "telecommunications" degree, to communicate with you customers in a more timely fashion than you have in the past. their are lot of people discouraged now because they've been waiting for an airplane that will never arrive.

OK Guy's............Bring it on (just stateing my opinion)
Old 11-16-2005, 11:52 AM
Maudib
My Feedback: (51)

Welp you did it... another post with no positive reason whatsoever and only an agenda I fear.

With such useless, petty drivel I find your posts of no value whatsoever. Welcome to my Block list... you are in very good company.

Yada yada yada, blah blah blah
Old 11-16-2005, 11:53 AM
Mike Parsons

Armchair Quarterbacking...no sport quite like it.

-Mike
Old 11-16-2005, 12:02 PM
stomper
My Feedback: (20)

Chris, Not trying to offend anyone with secrecy. But I've learned a couple of things over the past few years.

This is what I've learned over the past few years.

First off, The "Yak," was a "Russian" designed aircraft, Not an "Extream Flight," designed aircraft. You only adapted it For the RC.

I agree with this statement completely. In the future....Don't tell us when the planes are on the ship, tell us when the planes are in stock and being shipped. I remember wwhen the "Planes were coming in TWO waves, by AIR & by SEA

I am putting everything I have into this venture, and I've got to make it work. I have taken a beating financially over the past few years and often questioned continuing to do
this. Many times I've had to borrow money from my fiance' to pay the warehouse rent or my truck payment.

That's what most people who want to go into business have to do. It takes capital for any new company that is formed. Some, even have to borrow for their edcutation and work part time job's while they go to college.

I am about 6 months away from finishing up on a bachelor's degree in telecommunications management and computer networking at DeVry and it would be so easy to finish up and look for an IT job. But this is my passion, it's what I love and I'll do everything possible to make it work.

I suggest that you use that "telecommunications" degree, to communicate with you customers in a more timely fashion than you have in the past. their are lot of people discouraged now because they've been waiting for an airplane that will never arrive.

OK Guy's............Bring it on (just stateing my opinion)

I gotta say, you come off as an *****
Keep posting so all can see
Old 11-16-2005, 12:07 PM
jrjohn

I think we need to respect everybody's opinion. Bob has the right to his.

If everybody thought the same, then only one person would be necessary on this thread.

John
Old 11-16-2005, 12:10 PM
Jim Flannigan

Bob Laine,

Why don't you put up your time, effort and money since you obviously can do it better from begining to end. I have had enough of you insulting everyone on this thread, including Chris, and I am glad to ad you to my Block list as well.

Please go away since you offer nothing here for anyone but yourself. You obviously have a beef with Chris and this is not the place to have it out.

Jim
Josey Wales
My Feedback: (61)

wgeffon
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: jrjohn

then only one person would be necessary on this thread.

John
Thats what Drew thought when he started this thread. He had no idea anyone else would reply.

Old 11-16-2005, 12:21 PM
Torqued-Up
My Feedback: (16)

I've got my name on the list for a 107" Yak, but it looks like it's going to be awhile before they're available... Time to search for another 35% airframe for next season...

Felicidades...

Old 11-16-2005, 12:47 PM
Ricmussman

As far as those that are currently on the list, I am confident that Chris will move you over, but I would call/e-mail anyways just to be sure. I would rather be safe than miss out on a great plane.
Old 11-16-2005, 12:53 PM
Josey Wales
My Feedback: (61)

ORIGINAL: Ricmussman

By your way of thinking I am still on the list for an Extreme Flight 50cc Extra that I saw 3 years ago in Indiana. I am pretty sure that I am not going to get one of those in the near future, but I'll still wait.
Let me just say that I agree its his biz to do whatever he wants..that being said, if people are willing to wait for Chris' Yaks while there are many other's readily available, that should tell you something..doesnt matter if there are 10 other Yaks or 50..people are going to buy the best desgin and we all knw which one that is
Old 11-16-2005, 01:17 PM
SpaceW

I agree with you Josey! I think Chris is right to fear the chinese market which is quite ruthless! However if I have understood the EF yak's history, the plane'd been copied because the first factory kept on producing yaks even if Chris had stopped trustin this Chinese factory. Doing the same thing without any specs it's very difficult. It's the case for the new Chris'plane : only EfRc members know how to build their new 50cc in a right way. The others facotories can copied the shape of the plane but having the same quality it's not the same thing. It's only my point of view but as I am well-informed about the Chinese market i maybe wrong.
The only thing I thing is disappointing is that people on the waiting list for the yak could be informed of their future. I thing Chris should put the names on the waiting list for the new 50cc. ( because if any yaks come i want to buy the new 50cc! )

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.