Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly

Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly

Old 11-17-2005, 04:43 PM
bubbagates
My Feedback: (32)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly

The new Great Planes Ultimate has thumb screws for the interplane struts and 2 bolts for the center cabanes. Takes all of 5 minutes to install/remove the top wing. Total time for me is about 10 minutes to assemble the plane and I'm still assembling it from the kit. This is just taking the wings off and on to check and recheck things. I have the WH Ultimate also and if he is taking 20 minutes to assemble that plane then he will get better with practice. I also have the GP Super Stearman. Now there is a plane that takes forever to get ready to fly

I was speaking to Chris via email and he mentioned to me that the new line is due early next year and there will be plenty to go around. I do not know what the new 50cc is but I agree a little hint would be nice.
Old 11-17-2005, 05:27 PM
SpaceW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know it's not very useful but i like to search with you the new 50cc mystery. ( it's a good way to share informations about unknown planes!)
Maudib et Jrjohn : the pitts s12 is quit beautiful nut ,as jrjohn, i think it's not very convenient to use. Moreover a bipe is very good to fly Imac. The second wing helps to fly very accurately; however , for 3d it's not the same thing : often i read that one wing provides better results.( Chip Hyde won't agree with me as he was flying an ultimate, but he has changed for a yak55)
i am sorry i don't very unknown but beautiful plane. however i suggest a katana or a raven. The edge is to common for me. or an unknown extra with a strange fugure : extra 3610 for instance. ( i add this extra is only an example coming from my imagination)
And what about a Votec 322
Old 11-17-2005, 05:38 PM
Josey Wales
My Feedback: (61)

ORIGINAL: Maudib

It's a real *****cat, and when the wheels leave the ground you will instantly know that we all have been trying to share with ya... smooth.
Forecast for Sat is 45 deg 3 mph winds!!

Elk Hunt huh? I gotsta make me some new friends! You need another? I am an archer only... Got a doe the first day and a decent 8 point a few days ago... snow lfew last night so I must say I'm glad to be finished.

Still my ulitmate dream hunt would be archery hunt Elk. Done the bear thing...

I even subscribed to the Colorado Outdoot magazine thing to start learning where, when, etc...

J. David
Me too..however my buddies wanted to go rifle this year..but I got my Black Widow ready to go
Old 11-17-2005, 05:57 PM
Maudib
My Feedback: (51)

Chilly but calm... great opportunity!

Black Widow huh? Man you ARE a traditionalist... I'm a Matthews man myself. Never could chuck those arrows without a sight...
Old 11-17-2005, 06:02 PM
Josey Wales

Chilly but calm... great opportunity!
Yea I like to fly in the cold..engines run better and less people..check that..NO people!

Black Widow huh? Man you ARE a traditionalist... I'm a Matthews man myself. Never could chuck those arrows without a sight...
I usually break that out AFTER the freezer is filled ...For freezer filling I got my Hoyt!!
Old 11-17-2005, 10:22 PM
jrjohn
My Feedback: (24)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like this thread is done. I'm out of here. Last guy to leave has to turn out the lights.
Old 11-18-2005, 08:23 AM
Ricmussman
My Feedback: (24)

I bet we could beat the answer out of Wayne, he's just a little guy.
Old 11-18-2005, 08:45 AM
Maudib

Well, it definitely gonna be quiet for sometime now.... but there will still be people who will have questions... there's guys who have these NIB sitting on a shelf somewhere. (I say we raid 'em)

I would think a new thread will be started when the planes are announced and pics available... and rightly so... it's have it's own setup options and such.

I guess I'd like to say how much I've enjoyed this particular thread... offshoots and all. Especially for me where I had to cut out for a while for a 2 month hospital stay... when I came back I had a place to "come to". Excellent opportunities to learn and share and made some great internet buddies. I'll never forget literally finishing up Chris's E-Yak by pulling an overnighter leading up to me going into the hospital... I finished it up at 4:30am, took a shower and my ride arrived at 5:30.

The people at the hospital were like "Are you crazy? Why didn't you get any rest????" I simply told them that I was enjoying myself too much, and that was all the "rest" I needed.

I'm very impressed with the fellowship this plane has brought about and am not sure that I've seen any other airframe build such a following, even with it's supply issues. It's an awesome plane, and for those flying it... enjoy. For those who didn't get one... who know's... you may have one yet or can choose from a myriad of alternate options (I'd suggest the QQ 85" or new version BME Aircraft version with pipe tunnel)... and for those with one on the shelf?

I know where you live...
Old 11-18-2005, 08:46 AM
bodywerks
My Feedback: (4)

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

I hope it's a Ratsrepus! That would make my day!
JK-
I think a Velox or 260 would be sweet! And slightly bigger would be nice, because the DA on my Yak isn't enough at my altitude, even at 15.5 pounds[&o]
It would be nice to strap a 58 on there for the extra power and not have to worry about the weight.
Old 11-18-2005, 08:49 AM
Maudib

Ratsrepus = Superstar ?

[quote]ORIGINAL: bodyworks

Old 11-18-2005, 11:55 AM
islandflyer

What a dissapointment!
I have been reading this thread for many months now, and I have been on the list for 3 of these 87" Yaks for a long time (1 for me, and 2 for my friends).
All three of us have bought our new DA-50. I feel like I am re-living my Dave Patrick Extra nightmare all over again.....
Old 11-18-2005, 07:38 PM
JWilliams
My Feedback: (6)

I guess I see things somewhat different. I know what the next EF plane is and you guys will want it just as much as the 87" Yak. Therefore, here is whats going to happen. Many are the type that anytime a new plane comes to market they "Gotta have it" and that means now. So they sell their 87" yak thus providing all of you who did not get one with lots of quality used 87" Yaks out there for most likely bargain basement prices. While most paid the 650 price, you will get the same plane for probably half price. What are you complaining about. OK, I understand it is frustrating to wait for something and then be told it may not happen. However, I do advise you give Chris a chance on this new factory and design. After talking with him at length about what is in the works, you will not be dissappointed.
Sorry Wayne, but Seinfeld is hilarious.
Jeff Williams
Old 11-18-2005, 08:04 PM
SPMPROD

Let's stop all the BULL**** about the next Extreme Flight plane, I, and many other's have invested in DA 50's and all the relevant servos's and accessories in anticipation of the YAK's, which never appeared. Come on Extreme Flight let your existing and new worldwide customers know what the next planes are going to be !!. Rumour over here is its an Extra 300 !!!
Old 11-18-2005, 08:10 PM
torqmeister

I love my YAK. I have loved this thread. I will buy, I am on the list, Chris' next offering.

By the way, I heard Jwilliams has a NIB YAK on the shelf. Let's raid his place.

Rumor control probably had that wrong. Oh well, let's raid his place anyway.
Old 11-18-2005, 08:11 PM
Josey Wales

Old 11-18-2005, 08:14 PM
Josey Wales

ORIGINAL: torqmeister

Im IN!
Old 11-18-2005, 10:21 PM
JWilliams
My Feedback: (6)

ORIGINAL: torqmeister

I wish I had a NIB Yak. You can raid my place but you will not find a NIB Yak.

Folks, Chris never said he is not going to produce another 87" yak, read his website and you will see he is pondering that possibility and not that he wrote it in wet cement.
I visited 5 factories while in China and all of them were building 87†Yaks! All of them but the factory working for us! There are no EFRC 87†Yaks being built at this time! To be honest, I do not know whether to have them manufactured at all at this point. There will be at least 8-10 of these models, almost identical to ours (but heavier) on the market soon.
Jeff W.
Old 11-18-2005, 10:37 PM
Josey Wales

I think you are right about that..hopefully he will make them again once he gets the new design out..by then the factory will be up and running..
Old 11-18-2005, 11:41 PM
speedbird01

What still no EF Yaks ? And none in production and maybe no more coming ? That is incredible. That can only be described as a complete management failure. Like for 6 months + there has been totally insufficent stock - and so many dissapointed people. And then 10 factories in China are now building copies ? Amazing.

I can't wait till at last some numbers come on to the market and this supply problem is closed out. And I assure you Malaysia is a basket case worse than China, so don't get your hopes up that you will see any planes from that location...by the time we get one of these supposidly great planes we will all be old and have missed seasons of flying time. Well done Chris hope you are satisfied with your shocking business performance.
Old 11-18-2005, 11:47 PM
aviti
My Feedback: (54)

ORIGINAL: speedbird01

What still no EF Yaks ? And none in production and maybe no more coming ? That is incredible. That can only be described as a complete management failure. Like for 6 months + there has been totally insufficent stock - and so many dissapointed people. And then 10 factories in China are now building copies ? Amazing.

I can't wait till at last some numbers come on to the market and this supply problem is closed out. And I assure you Malaysia is a basket case worse than China, so don't get your hopes up that you will see any planes from that location...by the time we get one of these supposidly great planes we will all be old and have missed seasons of flying time. Well done Chris hope you are satisfied with your shocking business performance.
You make it sound like Chris owes you something. He is a business and he wants to sell planes. If you can't understand the issues he's had, then go buy something else. There are plenty of people that know Chris is doing everything he can and they will continue to buy his products as available. I could understand this behavior if he took your money and didn't send a plane or he didn't service his customers....this is not the case so give it a rest.
Old 11-19-2005, 01:08 AM
bodywerks

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

[quote]ORIGINAL: Maudib

Ratsrepus = Superstar ?

ORIGINAL: bodyworks

Correct, superstar spelled backwards. And, by the look of the plane, it was built backwards, too. It is the ugliest thing I have ever seen, and the guy that built it must had been 11 years old - it was utter CRAP!!! It was the first one I saw, but I saw it at the shootout, so it must have been scale to be able to compete...
this is a better looking version of it, but still godaweful!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr49043.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	356703  
Old 11-19-2005, 01:15 AM
islandflyer

What a dissapointment!
I have been reading this thread for many months now, and I have been on the list for 3 of these 87" Yaks for a long time (1 for me, and 2 for my friends).
All three of us have bought our new DA-50. I feel like I am re-living my Dave Patrick Extra nightmare all over again.....

islandflyer
To be a little more accurate in my expressed dissappointment, I would not miss the Yak if the new mistery plane flies as well (including the 3D stuff), as long as it is not a bi-plane.
In fact, I never thought that the Yak looked that great; but I was sold on it because of the flight videos, and because of Chris' evident search for excellence and sense of ethics.
I can only hope that this next plane flies as well. I am spoiled with my 42% Extra 260, and 33% Extra 330L. The 87" Yak is the only 50cc plane I have seen perform as well as the bigger cousins, and the size makes it more manageable, so I would fly it more often.

By the way, will the 87" Yak waiting list be tranfered to this new 50cc design?
Old 11-19-2005, 01:51 AM
wgeffon

ORIGINAL: islandflyer

To be a little more accurate in my expressed dissappointment, I would not miss the Yak if the new mistery plane flies as well (including the 3D stuff), as long as it is not a bi-plane.

I can promise you that Chris wont release a product that doesnt fly well. IMAC or 3D. You dont need to worry there.
As far as an automatic transfer.... I dont know. I would think anyone on the list for a Yak would have first shot at the new plane(s)
Maybe he will post a response here to that ?

Old 11-19-2005, 06:44 AM
Maudib

I wouldn't know why... when he does post publicly he gets his hind end chewed, drawn and quartered and roasted on a spit.

Truth is... Chris really SHOULDN'T be posting in a forum such as this because it allows way too much opportunity for that kind of garbage.

This also isn't a place to "put me on the list". This isn't Chris' forum, and isn't his storefront.

If you want to give him a piece f your mind... than call him. You can be sure he'll hear you out. He'll tell you what he can, keep secret what he must and put you on a list IF he so chooses to start one at this or any time.

This whole LIST thing got out of hand to begin with... and to be honest Chris is partially to blame.

The whole list idea was NOT Chris'... it was OURS. WE literally took control of his ordering process because we were so worried we wouldn't get in on the first batch. And (as it turned out) were smart to want to do so. We were WRONG... we had no business demanding we were taken in any kind of order. Get on a list for the next new Hangar9 or GP offering... you'll be laughed out the door... others will put you on a "list" and charge a deposit up front.

Chris is a real nice guy... a regular fellow... and when all these people clamored to be on the "list" of course he tried to appease everyone. Afterall... it somehow made sense to him and could possibly give him an idea of how many he needed.

But he never took a dime for deposit. Not until planes were within a week or so of being shipped did he call for deposit. Even with all the "listees" when it was all said and done he STILL had stock for a few guys who called after they came in.... no waiting list....

It wasn't until everyone SAW how awesome these things were in the hands of endusers that the "list" skyrocketed to 1000 or more. And to be fair... not a SINGLE person on the "list" now has paid one red cent toward owning the Yak. If you bought all your goodies fo the plane ahead of time, then well... YOU toook it upon yourself to do so. And in the case of DA50's you did so YOU oculd get your hands on an engine that is often NOT IN STOCK. So again... we our driven by our wants... and our "I want it NOWs." We're a bunch of freakin' babies when it comes to our touys... MYSELF INCLUDED....

Now think about it... it sure would seem that if Chris COULD have delivered another 1000 yaks that he WOULD have? My goodness we are talking showing a profit for once.

So now he's got all these people wanting what he THOUGHT he had coming. Now he doesn't...

Now if he was to tell the truth and state that to bring the Yak to market starting over with another factory would take maybe until July or August of next year how many would "stay on the list"? Especially when there are several out there now IN STOCK and more coming to market?

OR he can bring this new plane to market by spring, have a new "latest and greatest" and PERHAPS still have a shipment of Yaks come late summer... again, I don't know if he burned his bridges with the latest manufacturer (somehow I don't think he did) it's feasile he could get 500-1000 Yaks from them by end of summer 2006.

Truth is... if enough of you guys simply call or e-mail him, and tell him how dissappointed you are in the turn of events, but that you still are wanting the original EF Yak, he's MUCH more likely to get more in, than having people scream bloody murder. Believe me.... nobody wanted to deliver you ALL Yaks more than Chris.

SO again... if you have a beef, a word of encouragement, a hope to squeeze out the identity of the new plane (dream on), or a sincere wish to see an 87" Yak in YOUR hangar. Call him or e-mail him. And do it BEFORE the end of the year when he'll be gone to his own factory, training people to build planes HIS way and helping to bring the first batch of what's destined to be the next great thing to our doors.

ORIGINAL: wgeffon

ORIGINAL: islandflyer

I can promise you that Chris wont release a product that doesnt fly well. IMAC or 3D. You dont need to worry there.
As far as an automatic transfer.... I dont know. I would think anyone on the list for a Yak would have first shot at the new plane(s)
Maybe he will post a response here to that ?

Old 11-19-2005, 08:28 AM
bubbagates
My Feedback: (32)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The fact of the matter is there are planes coming, plain and simple. Instead of beating up EF and Chris in this forum, just go and ask him yourself. I have been talking to him on and off via email since I got the latest ticket about this thread and he has been responding to me in as timely a manner as he can. Other than one email, all the rest have been customer to retailer type emails. If you talk to him, just be nice. Treat him as you would want to be treated.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.