Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly

Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly

Old 12-02-2010, 02:48 PM
cjcyclesrc
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Extreme Flight 87

I've put a lot of time on both and I prefer the 88". The 87" is a cool plane though. One of my friends still has one of the 87's. It still doesn't take a back seat in performance to current airframes.
Old 12-04-2010, 06:28 AM
JWilliams
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: cjcyclesrc

I've put a lot of time on both and I prefer the 88''. The 87'' is a cool plane though. One of my friends still has one of the 87's. It still doesn't take a back seat in performance to current airframes.
I agree Charles, a friend of mine still has one around here and flies the 3D snot out of it. I would say they are so close in 3D performance the choice lies in the beholder.
Jeff
Old 12-30-2010, 10:16 PM
kmeyers

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

ORIGINAL: rodders

Hello all,
How many people are still flying these 87'' Yaks?

Mine has just been in for a service.
The cowl fixing points were pulling out and the undercarriage was very loose. I carefully stripped back the covering from the front end and did a refurb job.
I essentially beefed up the undercarriage plates and used glass cloth to firm it all up. I suspect that if I had flown it from grass, the undercarriage would have pulled out before now.
I put a false former on front of the existing one, where the cowl bolts onto and added additional cowl fixing blocks to spread the weight and firm it all up.
Its now recovered and flying again.
Rodders
There are two of them at my field. Best 50cc ever!