Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2005, 07:58 AM
flat spin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly

Like i said if nothing else it makes a nice change. The trick with the heat gun and vaseline to stop the hinges getting glued up worked a treat and in fact i find these hinges freerer ( is that how you spell it). I did use boat loads of thinner to get all of the Epoxy off. I don't know if it was just me but is was a bit messy. Old T shirt and full bottle of rudding alchohol required
Old 02-16-2005, 08:05 AM
Maudib
My Feedback: (51)

Exactly why I use PolyUrethane Glue (Like Gorilla brand)

Long working time, penetrates wood better and water cleanup. It takes a little more attention during the process as it foams up some when setting and you need to wipe the excess away. But I do the same thing... vaseline in the joints.

Nothing wrong with epoxy at all... just Gorilla glue seems to offer more benefits.

ORIGINAL: flat spin

Like i said if nothing else it makes a nice change. The trick with the heat gun and vaseline to stop the hinges getting glued up worked a treat and in fact i find these hinges freerer ( is that how you spell it). I did use boat loads of thinner to get all of the Epoxy off. I don't know if it was just me but is was a bit messy. Old T shirt and full bottle of rudding alchohol required
Old 02-16-2005, 09:32 AM
EXTREME FLIGHT

Just got a call from the trucking company in Savannah. Yaks will be at my warehouse at 8 a.m. Friday morning! We will spend the weekend prepping for shipping on Monday. My goal is to ship all of the planes by the end of next week. We are planning to ship the hardware packages in a separate small box as I am afraid of them getting loose inside the box and doing damage to the airframe. Most likely we will send these priority mail so they will probably arrive before the plane. Once again, thanks for everyone's patience and continued support.
Old 02-16-2005, 09:38 AM
Maudib

A hearty congratulations Chris. I think we realize that it's not just us that have been waiting, but you and your business. It's been a tough ride for you too, and it's finally paid off. I think it's awesome that you're already sold out (or darn close anyway) and hopefully this flood of moeny you have coming in will get the next round of goodies even sooner.

Keep up the great work!

Oh... and hurry them guys in China along with them 100cc planes now eh?
Old 02-16-2005, 09:46 AM
edgeman55
My Feedback: (25)

Great news Chris,Thanks for all your hard work and staying with this.Your aircraft are making this hobby way more fun then it already is.
Old 02-16-2005, 10:11 AM
wgeffon
My Feedback: (4)

As much as everyone wants thier Yak's to show up, I can assure you Chris wants you to have your plane more than you do.
Its not a money issue for him at all.
He's a modeler just like us and cant wait to see everyone enjoying his creation.

Congrats Chris! You deserve it.
Old 02-16-2005, 10:13 AM
Maudib

Hooby:

What you get when you cross your two favorite things in life...

ORIGINAL: edgeman55-RCU

Your aircraft are making this hooby way more fun then it already is.
Old 02-16-2005, 10:29 AM
Bosshossv8
My Feedback: (10)

WOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

they are here.

I just ordered my spare. I'll have 2 (just in case).

Great flying season '05 , man.
Old 02-16-2005, 10:57 AM
Ricmussman
My Feedback: (24)

What is the distance from the firewall to the back of the spinner plate? I am going to mount a Taurus 52 on this plane and I will have to make plywood spacers to get it right. I remember some pics of this and a template too, but I couldn't find the post (I am on dial-up so it takes a while to flip through the pages).

What are the lengths of the servo extensions that are needed for this plane? 2 for alierons, 2 for elevator, 1 for throttle? Also what size of spinner? Where do you get the foam pilots? I know these questions have been answered, but the day is approaching when it will be in my basement......

How about wheel pants, how are you guys mounting them? Are you able to remove wheel pants w/o taking off wheels? any pics would be nice. I know that everyone does it different, but I am always looking for a better way.
Old 02-16-2005, 11:03 AM
stomper
My Feedback: (20)

ORIGINAL: EXTREME FLIGHT

Just got a call from the trucking company in Savannah. Yaks will be at my warehouse at 8 a.m. Friday morning! We will spend the weekend prepping for shipping on Monday. My goal is to ship all of the planes by the end of next week. We are planning to ship the hardware packages in a separate small box as I am afraid of them getting loose inside the box and doing damage to the airframe. Most likely we will send these priority mail so they will probably arrive before the plane. Once again, thanks for everyone's patience and continued support.
Hey Chris
Should we be calling you to make final payment, or are you going to call us?
TIA
Old 02-16-2005, 11:13 AM
Maudib

Minimum would be about 6.25... I'd shoot for 6.5" (being a round cowl you can fude a little with no notocable difference.

2 x 24" for the elevators JUST reach... so 36" might be better advised (I chose the 36")
2 x 12" for the ailerons (leaves about 4" sticking out of the wing
2 x 6" for the ailerons coming from the receiver
Most likely nothing for the rudder... but if you move the radio forward you might need a 6"
12" for the throttle if yo mount it up front

4" spinner

Foam pilots from Aircraft International [link=http://www.aircraftinternational.com/catalog/accessories/foam_pilots/]WEBSITE[/link]

WWheel pants... just follow the instructions inthe manual. I haven't checked it closely, but I MAY add a ply plate with a hole drilled through it on the inside of the pant, opposite the gear.

There is one there where the gear comes through. As it is, yes you can remove the gear with two screws. When I'm done... the end of the axle will recess into the opposit side plate for a secondary support. Still can come off with the 2 screws...

ORIGINAL: Ricmussman

What is the distance from the firewall to the back of the spinner plate? I am going to mount a Taurus 52 on this plane and I will have to make plywood spacers to get it right. I remember some pics of this and a template too, but I couldn't find the post (I am on dial-up so it takes a while to flip through the pages).

What are the lengths of the servo extensions that are needed for this plane? 2 for alierons, 2 for elevator, 1 for throttle? Also what size of spinner? Where do you get the foam pilots? I know these questions have been answered, but the day is approaching when it will be in my basement......

How about wheel pants, how are you guys mounting them? Are you able to remove wheel pants w/o taking off wheels? any pics would be nice. I know that everyone does it different, but I am always looking for a better way.
Old 02-16-2005, 11:16 AM
Stratos

Ric,

most of your questions will be answered when you download the manual from Extreme Flight:

http://extremeflightrc.com/production/html/87Yak54.htm

The foam pilots you can get from aircraft international in their accessories page:

http://aircraftinternational.com/catalog/pl_accy.htm

I hope this helps.

Stratos.-
Old 02-16-2005, 11:18 AM
wgeffon

Ric,

The pants can be removed without taking off the wheels.
Also,
Drew and I have everything listed everything you need on our website.
http://extremeflightyak.shutupandfly.com/
Old 02-16-2005, 01:11 PM
Jecarte
My Feedback: (8)

I use these batteries for all my gassers, no problems. They have a special buy 2 and get one free, plus they sale chargers. [link=http://www.centralhobbies.com/Electrical/Batteries/nmp/nmpbats.htm]Batteries[/link]
Old 02-16-2005, 01:36 PM
BBriBro
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: gotshocked

I use these batteries for all my gassers, no problems. They have a special buy 2 and get one free, plus they sale chargers. [link=http://www.centralhobbies.com/Electrical/Batteries/nmp/nmpbats.htm]Batteries[/link]
I looked at those too, but the Fromecos are cheaper, lighter, and more capacity. Although I didn't know you could buy 2 and get 1 free, that's a pretty good deal.
Old 02-16-2005, 02:07 PM
romanrc

A la bio a la bao a la bim bom ba Chris Cris ra ra ra.......... YAK YAK YAK
Old 02-16-2005, 02:13 PM
romanrc

I order my DA today 3 weeks[][][] but the YAK is here and I can begin to work in it in two weeks.
Old 02-16-2005, 02:19 PM
romanrc

Jose we wait for you in Vallarta 18 to 20 feb., mucha cerveza, and we can talk about the YAK[:-][:-][:-]
Old 02-16-2005, 04:35 PM
coche

Thanks Roman Carlos, that sounds cool! but Paul and Sevilla are having a fly in at Culiacan that same week end and I have to go to theyr event as they have come to my town every time we have invited them! so I have to be with them!

maybe some other time.....

Richard Cambreros told me he was going to your event! so thats cool! he puts a good show....
Old 02-16-2005, 05:24 PM
bodywerks

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

ORIGINAL: Stratos

Ric,

most of your questions will be answered when you download the manual from Extreme Flight:

http://extremeflightrc.com/production/html/87Yak54.htm

The foam pilots you can get from aircraft international in their accessories page:

http://aircraftinternational.com/catalog/pl_accy.htm

I hope this helps.

Stratos.-
I tried to download the instructions and the computer froze up and I had to CTRL-ALT-DELETE to get out of it
Old 02-16-2005, 05:32 PM
bodywerks

ORIGINAL: wgeffon

Ric,

The pants can be removed without taking off the wheels.
Also,
Drew and I have everything listed everything you need on our website.
http://extremeflightyak.shutupandfly.com/
LMAO-look a the wing-build pictures! I like the nose-pickin' action there
Old 02-16-2005, 05:35 PM
bodywerks

Drew, I noticed you used the Fromeco regulators. Do you have any reasoning behind it, other that they are offered in the imac package???? I ask this because I noticed that they are each an ounce heavier than the smart-fly regulators, unless I am missing something...
Old 02-16-2005, 06:55 PM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

How is the availability of the Yak now??? Thanks Capt,n
Old 02-16-2005, 07:03 PM
Maudib

You'll have to call Chris at EF and find out... I'd say their sold out already...

The 2nd run was already underway, and I think Chris had them ship extra with this boat to trya nd meet preorder demands... so hopefully they're scurrying aroudn getting the next shipful made. (Unless they are on that 30 day holiday thingy)

ORIGINAL: captinjohn

How is the availability of the Yak now??? Thanks Capt,n
Old 02-16-2005, 07:17 PM
basmntdweller
My Feedback: (9)

It's all down to the plane now. The big brown truck brought me my DA today. I've already charged and cycled my new packs, all the servos have been cycled for 30 minutes or so. All I can do now is wait. I'm guessing I won't see mine till about the first of march since I was one of the late comers to this event. I have three other planes I could cover and a profile ARF I can stick together to keep me occupied
Matt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.