Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

UNBELIEVABLE Weights and WOW it can Hover

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

UNBELIEVABLE Weights and WOW it can Hover

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2005, 03:36 AM
Hooked-On-RC
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UNBELIEVABLE Weights and WOW it can Hover

Laugh,
I spent a good two hours today reading through many many posts on these forums, simply for the fact, that what else do you do on News Years day after you have your seasonal fill of Turkey and leftovers and are tired of watching over paid athletes run up and down a grassy gridiron. When you are interested in this hobby you do all sorts of things to stay "informed" and these forums are a never ending source of information.....or are they?

Let me tell you what I found.

- Several hundred posts where "my H9 ARF came out two pounds lighter than yours equipped with exactly the same things"
- "My Plane will hower at 3/4 throttle"...."OH ya well mine will hover at 1/2 throttle"
- Use a PCM reciever, no don't, Use PPM
- Use NiMH Batteries they dont exlode like LiPoly's do so you wont lose your house
- No two planes ever weigh the same amount even if they are identically equipped with exactly the same equipment and owned by the same person, one is always 2 pounds lighter.
- No one uses a scale to weight their airplane, they all base weight on some mathmatical formula that includes trigonomtry and calculus to calculate AUW.
- Use 22 gauge wire servo extension leads, no don't they are not heavy enough for Digital servos
- Regardless of what servos you use someone else uses different greater powered ones that they bought for 10 bucks cheaper than you did
- Hovering is something that is mandatory for EVERY plane to do, regardless of size, power or style.
- regardless of how much money you spent on parts, everyone else buys the same part cheaper somewhere else.
- There are a thousand guys that cut custom graphics, each one offers totally different ways of customizing patented logos
- Desert Aircraft offers the best service of any company in the Hobby world, I hope that to be tue as I am awaiting the arrival of a new DA100
- Hitec servos are used by more modellers than any of their competitors, but everyone pays less for them than the next guy
- You can get any plane in any size as long as it is a CA, Carden, or some other custom built aircraft at any price
- No one ever pays the same amount for anything
- There are 12000 differnt recipes for home made smoke oil and it comes in 200 different colors
- "I can fly for 35 minutes on 24 ounces of fuel and hover all day and only use 100 Mah of power out of my 4800 mah Nicad battery back that weighs 1.6 ounces"
- One should always use a mix of 32:1 to break in an engine unless you use 40:1 or 50:1 or better yet 100:1, hell don't break in an engien they do that at the factory.
- "My Zenoah G62 turns 8000 RPM while yours only turns 6700 with the same prop, what gives?
- No one ever uses the engine that the manufacturer recommends, why would they when they can strap on 50 cc's more and HOVER at 1/2 throttle.
- Hovering is the most popular past time at any airfield especially with my 60 size Extra powered by a DA 150 Twin
- 32 ounces of fuel gives you at least 3 hours of flight time
- Why use NiCads?
- CG is a ficticious point based on the fact that the person flying the plane truly knows how to balance an aircraft anyways
- "My planes always weigh at least 3 pounds lighter than the manufacturers estmated weight, maybe that is becasue you removed half the formers and stringers....Wonder why you rip out your landing gear each time you land?
- Carbon fibre is God's greatest gift to teh hobby, no wait that is kevlar, or is it light play, heck no it is contest grade balsa
- No one ever uses 30 minute epoxy, why would you when you can use 6 minute and get to teh flying field 24 minutes earlier
- Who has time to build anymore, or wait where are the plans for my ARF after it crashes
- No one ever has a crash that is their fault, it is always, the engine, the wind, the batteries, radio interference, glitches, servo gears, long grass, trees, birds, a barn, a house, my cell phone......whatever

Of course most of this is "tongue in cheek" however do yourself a favor and waste some time reading these posts,you will be amazed at the contradicting and conflicting stories you will find about exactly the same things, some even within the same posts!

Safe and happy flying! Happy New Year
Old 01-02-2005, 03:46 AM
3de
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: UNBELIEVABLE Weights and WOW it can Hover

Muahahahaha!!!
you left out "helium balloons" stuffed in wings and fuse.. Sorry, I couldnt resist..
Old 01-02-2005, 04:18 AM
Thunderbolt47
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea! But ain't it FUN!!!!

Here's a few more.

Hitec digitals will crash your plane, noone has ever lost one with JR or Futaba

If you don't have a Comp-arf or Carden at a contest, you are going to lose.

The "old farts" that build planes are dying off and new guys will never be able to build like they did or the ARF guys are ruinning the hobby.

3D guys get mad at a warbirds and warbird guys get mad a 3D guys

IT'S A MAD HOUSE!! A MAD HOUSE!!!!!

(Disclaimer) The follow comments were not intended to be offinsive or single out any one person. Just observations
Old 01-02-2005, 05:06 AM
BankYank
My Feedback: (63)

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Ok Lets set the record straight.Every crash i have had WAS my falt Well maybe not the servo arm breaking time but maybe i did not trim it clean and left a nick in it Who knows.
Also i did not belive it at first. But after two crashes its true NEVER NEVER say HAY WATCH THIS.
Old 01-02-2005, 07:20 AM
Goldie

LOLOLOLOLOL..... Hooked-on..... Truly a entertaining post.... enjoyed it very much... thank you buddy
Old 01-02-2005, 08:36 AM
Stik-n-Rdr

Good job with the observations. Man can we relate to what you speaketh!

HAVE A GREAT NEW YEAR, and keep em flying!
Old 01-02-2005, 10:09 AM
Cobra1
My Feedback: (42)

Right on target. I really enjoyed this thread! Never believe anything you read and only half of what you see!!
Old 01-02-2005, 11:32 AM
3D ONdaEDGE

You forgot the whole " you have to have a 40%er to compete in IMAC" one of my favorites.
Old 01-02-2005, 11:37 AM
WLR1974

Personally, I think they should make this post mandatory reading for all . . .[:@]
Old 01-02-2005, 12:45 PM
Jim Flannigan

ORIGINAL: WLR1974

Personally, I think they should make this post mandatory reading for all . . .[:@]
Right on the money!!
Old 01-02-2005, 05:54 PM
mu2driver
My Feedback: (15)

You hit the nail on the head man!

But just to clear up a few things, Desert Aircraft make's a very good product and stands behind every single engine they sell, fact not fiction..

Hitecs dont crash planes, people crash planes that dont setup there servos correctly...lol...yeah right...

Lipoly's do explode only when idiots try to charge them.... Idiot="person that hasent a clue what he is doing"

Happy New Year guy's....now lets get flyin!
Old 01-03-2005, 12:44 AM
Hooked-On-RC

Oh Man,
I am not disputing your fact about DA, I have spoken with them a number of times on various issues and products they sell and they are a great group of people. They never hard sell any of their products and always offer truthful opinions of things as well, based on fact not personal experiences. great group of people and I can hardly wait to get my new DA100.
Cheers,
Old 01-03-2005, 08:25 AM
phuffstatler
My Feedback: (20)

- Who has time to build anymore, or wait where are the plans for my ARF after it crashes
- No one ever has a crash that is their fault, it is always, the engine, the wind, the batteries, radio interference, glitches, servo gears, long grass, trees, birds, a barn, a house, my cell phone......whatever
Those two were my personal favorites.

Oh and to add yet another one....

- "There's no way a .46 will power your .40 size plane! You need a Saito 100!!!!"

phil in gerogetown (Who's been flying a OS .46 powered Funtana BARF for the last 2+ years and really loves it!)
Old 01-03-2005, 09:56 AM
Josey Wales
My Feedback: (61)

Hooked...That was great!! its amazing the things you find time for when theres no hockey eh??[]
Old 01-03-2005, 12:46 PM
Hooked-On-RC

Are insinuating that due to the fact that I am Canadian I automatically watch Hockey? If it were not for that stupid little AMERICAN Mr. Gary Bettman we would all still have hockey and the NHL would be in a much better place. No slight against any other Americans here as I have loads of American friends. And acutally my hobby takes precedence over hockey anyways. They are all a bunch of overpaid wankers, including the owners, the players, their agents and the league officials.
Old 01-03-2005, 02:16 PM
SitNFly
My Feedback: (54)

Hooked:
What a great post. Absolutely spot on. Especially the hovering part. Warbirds versus 3-D. It will only be a matter of time before we hear "Hey, I just put my Yellow P-40 ARF together with the 3W 200 and the sum***** will only hover at 3/4 throttle!!"
Old 01-03-2005, 02:48 PM
3DFanatic
My Feedback: (5)

Haha, this is all far too true [X(] Goodjob onthe list

40%s in Basic! W00t w00t!
Old 01-03-2005, 06:02 PM
Josey Wales
My Feedback: (61)

ORIGINAL: Hooked-On-RC
If it were not for that stupid little AMERICAN Mr. Gary Bettman we would all still have hockey and the NHL would be in a much better place.

I absolutely agree!!!

BTW..I didnt mean any O-Fence..was just trying to be funny
Old 01-03-2005, 06:15 PM
Mokken

ORIGINAL: 3de

Muahahahaha!!!
you left out "helium balloons" stuffed in wings and fuse.. Sorry, I couldnt resist..
That's a great idea, wonder what it would save me?
Old 01-03-2005, 06:19 PM
Mokken

- Desert Aircraft offers the best service of any company in the Hobby world, I hope that to be tue as I am awaiting the arrival of a new DA100
The above is true!!!
Old 01-03-2005, 07:05 PM
figueroa
My Feedback: (22)

Gerat post ! Made my day.
jef

Safe and happy flying! Happy New Year
Old 01-04-2005, 12:25 AM
IFLYRC-RCU
My Feedback: (28)

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

But ..

My Helium balloons wiegh 4 grams LESS than yours !!! [>:]

Funny Stuff .... Good post.

Qoute: " My radio quit !" ( Always spoken on final "short" approach )
Old 01-04-2005, 01:34 AM
3DFanatic

Yeah but MY baloons hold 4 more cubic millimeters of helium than yours!
Old 01-04-2005, 05:46 PM
Riverdancer

Nice Job on the list, must have been the turkey talkin.. I just want the recipe for the smoke oil or was that snake oil in which case no thanks, snakes scare me..

Have a great new year to all, only four more months until the snow and cold are gone.. no complaints thought, what was this post about agin?

Riverdancer
Old 01-04-2005, 05:49 PM
todhog
My Feedback: (9)

What snow and cold?