Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

World Models 27% Ultimate

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2005, 11:51 PM
fxstbi
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default World Models 27% Ultimate

I've done serches and can't find anything on the 27% Ultimate. Does anyone have one of the World Models 27 percenters? How do you like the quality, is the weight as advertised? Any assistance is appreciated. Thanks
Old 02-26-2005, 09:10 AM
Cobra1
My Feedback: (42)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: World Models 27% Ultimate

It is the same as aero works 27%. World Models was the manufacturer for them.
Old 02-27-2005, 09:52 AM
Bashedit
My Feedback: (35)

I'm building one now, quality seems pretty good, built light, I quess if I had any comments would be that the wing tubes seem kind of heavy. I'm going to see if I can find some carbon fiber tubes, especially for the tail. But finish is good, I have one of the purple ones, paint matches the covering. I'm anxious to see what it will weigh when complete also.
Old 02-27-2005, 09:55 AM
fxstbi

Hey Bash, what engine are you going to run? I just bought my Ultimate and need to get an engine lined up for it. I'm concidering the Brison 3.2, the reviews in the magazine said it performs well. Any thoughts? Thanks
Old 02-27-2005, 07:42 PM
hosam
My Feedback: (121)

Any one have pictures of the content. I know the Aeroworks Ultimate needed about $100 worth of hardware to finish the plane, how is the hardware of the WM Ultimate. I am interested in the hardaware quality? Also, my previous WM ARF's that I built, they include a clear dummy cowl to help you mount the fiberglass cowl, is this included? what about spinners.
Old 02-28-2005, 12:51 AM
3dd
My Feedback: (6)

FROM WHAT I HAVE READ ON OTHER SITES BE SURE AND CHECK THE WING AND STAB INCIDENCE AS I HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT THEY ARE ALMOST ALL OFF
Old 03-01-2005, 12:48 PM
Bashedit

FX,
I've got a BME 50 that is just getting broken in that I'll be using. I'm recovering it now, wife said the purple looked to "girlie", that did it, I'm changing to the Yellow & black scheme. My preliminary checks tell me that the stab is two degrees positive. The wings are right on, and of course we can set the motor any way we want, but I'll be setting the stab incedence to zero, unless others here have flying experience with this one. As for the Brison engine, I can't really comment as I have no knowledge of them. At my field we have DA's, BME's and FPE's. I just got a DA that I'm putting in an lightened up Wild Hare Edge, and it will be interesting to see if there's really as much difference as some report. I don't like to deal in gossip or second hand knowledge, I want to fly one plane with two different engines in order to compare. I can say that so far both DA & BME have provided good customer service to my flying buddies.

Hosam,
I'll open up the hardware kit and take a look at it. I know it comes with a spinner and a big bag of hardware, but since I'm recovering at the moment, I haven't opened the bags up. Are you after pictures or just info?
Old 03-01-2005, 05:59 PM
hosam
My Feedback: (121)

Bashhedit, I would like both pictures and details if at all possible... I need to know the quality of the hardware such as hinges and control horns. My WM Extra 300 came with an aluminum spinner and want to know if there's one with the ultimate? thanks, Hosam
Old 03-01-2005, 06:38 PM
fxstbi

Bash,
Thanks for the reply. Did the plane come with the hardware, spinner, ect., or did you buy that extra? Thanks, Pete
Old 03-01-2005, 09:39 PM
Bashedit

I purchased the kit only from Chiefaircraft for 395.00 . It came with the hardware. I'll open it up, spread it out and take some photo's and let you guys know whats in there. The spinner has an aluminum backplate but a white plastic front, kind of like the old CB Associates ones. Let me dig into this and get you some details and photo's. The hinges provided are the standard white CA hinges. I've already started installing robarts, I've had the CA ones break when used with a gas engine before. I can destroy the plane without any help so no more CA hinges on any gasser for me.
Old 04-23-2005, 06:38 PM
F2G-1
My Feedback: (13)

My plane finally here, has the World models label, ordered it thru my LHS $369.00 w/ all hardware (aerotech hobbies north canton). Cant beat that with a stick.
Plane looks great! If any of you have any doubts, I saw a video clip on aero-works website of this plane. Lets put it this way, - when I ordered this plane, I had every intention of stuffing a Mark 2.10 (MOKI) 2 stroke w/ so-so- servos. Well, after seeing the video, the cheap plan went out the door! Gasser, PCM RX and digitals on the way! My wifes gonna kill me. Watch out shoe store, here she comes!
Other than the metric thing, the hardware seems very good, except for the metal hinges they want you to use to replace the CA hinges that are already in the slots. I replaced them with some klet 1/4 scale nylon hinges. I'll save the metal hinges for my screen door! (HA!)
You can view the instruction manual on world models website or airborne mobels website (the importer) and parts layout picture, you can really get a good idea of what your going to get as far as hardware quality.

Ill post some pics as i get further along.

Ted
Old 04-24-2005, 09:06 AM
Slyder

Been looking at this plane. Just want to see how it turns out.
Keep us posted on what you all find.
Old 04-24-2005, 09:22 AM
Bashedit

F2G-1,
Items that I've noticed so far as I'm assembling are, Engine box sides are laminated ply, mine weren't done well and I had gaps, I replaced with 1/8!QUOT! aircraft ply and extended down to support the landing gear plate. The cabanes supports didn't give the correct upper wing incidence, had to plug and re-drill to correct. In previous threads on this plane, under Aeroworks 27% you can find the discussion on the wing to stab incidence, my stab was at 2 degrees so I had to rework those also. The only other thing was the lower wing mate to the body was tight on the bottom side, but that was easy to fix. Oh yea, I had a tough time getting the upper wing to mate up at the center joint, something was off between the wing pins and cabane connection, but a little filing at the cabane and it fit tight. These snowy weekends are giving me some time to work on it!!
Old 04-24-2005, 04:20 PM
F2G-1

This thing is built very light!
I havent gotten to far into it yet, waiting for my servos. I started glueing hinges last night, let me tell you, loads of fun. I'v gotten so used to CA hinges on my smaller models, I almoust forgot how much fun it is to play w/ epoxy and alcohol all night! There's alot of hinges!
Tell more about the engin box mods, where were the gaps? was the ply warped? Did you have to trim the lengths for your engin? I was wondering about the LG mount also! The bad part is once I start to "beef up' a plane, Its hard to stop, know what I mean? I was thinking about light glass cloth on the box area form the get go. I dont like butt-joints in any critical areas, I havent played with the box parts yet, but the instructions do not clearly show the type of joint on the firewall. How did you do it?
Thanks for the heads up, I be sure to dry fit everything at least 6 times!

How about this weather! If it keeps this up, i'll have to put the christmas lights up!

Ted
Old 04-24-2005, 07:31 PM
Slyder

How about this weather! If it keeps this up, i'll have to put the christmas lights up!

Tell me about it. We didnt get any snow but had a fire burning so not to turn on the furnace.

Keep it up guys. and please post pics if possible.
Old 04-24-2005, 07:50 PM
AP

I have the AW model and fit issues were identical. I would recommend that CA HINGES NOT
BE USED ON 27% AIRPLANES. Use Robart or Klett hinges. Seriously playing with fire. Instruction
manual says Do not use ca hinges. My opinion only. SAFETY FIRST
Old 04-24-2005, 08:37 PM
skyflyer47
My Feedback: (2)

I don't have one of these ultimates, but i scratch built a 31%. It was built with 1 1/2 degrees of positive incidence on the stab. That is the way a goldberg is built. it flies very well, By the way wings are at zero. just a thought
Old 04-24-2005, 10:49 PM
F2G-1

I'm using the klet 1/4 scale hinges. The kit supplied metal hinges. I had to enlarge every slot on seven surfaces x 2 halves, w/ out the right size cutter for the slot machine. Very monotonous. They say there are some HD giant scale CA hinges (Blue), but i dont know too much about them. I just started using the pacer hingle glue with its nifty pointy tip applicator bottle, which seems to work great, but the glue resembles tiebond, which is fine, but the secret in doing a good job is in getting the glue deep in the slot, not all over the hinge and covering and floor and pants and shirt and table etc. Much cleaner than epoxy, and the glue bond is stronger than the wood fibers, so there you go.

I just ordered 8 Hitec HS 5625 MG digital servos and a futaba R 138DP 8 Ch PCM reciever. I want to run 6V on this, but am concerned because I heard this may be hard on the servos. I have no experience with digitals, are they ok w/ 6v? Anybody using the 5625's ?

Ted

Old 04-25-2005, 02:42 AM
djwalker
My Feedback: (1)

I run 5625s on 6V with my Funtana with no problems whatsoever. The servos are specifically rated to handle 6V and folks do it all the time. I wouldn't expect any problems. Some digital servos are not designed to run on 6V (several Futaba servos come to mind), but the 5625s should be fine.

I use Gorilla Glue for installing Robart hinges. It requires a bit of babysitting to wipe away the excess as the glue expands, but it is solid as a rock. I like the fact that the glue expands to fill any voids in the wood and barbs of the hinge.

Finally, the reason why I'm checking out this thread is that I'll soon be looking to buy a gas-powered Ultimate. The AW 27%er caught my attention (as did the new Wild Hare 29%er). However, I'm very curious about the fact that the Aeroworks Ultimate is the same exact plane as the World Models one. From what I've seen, the World Models plane is cheaper AND includes hardware. Is there any specific reason to go with the Aeroworks plane over the World Models one? They appear to be identical to me.
Old 04-25-2005, 07:35 AM
F2G-1

another member has the AW version, from reading his posts, it seems the AW version does not seem to have any advantage over the WM version.

How long have you ran the 5625? I did a search (after I ordered them of course!) here on the forums, and low and behold there are many post of modelers complaining about them. (lots of complaints). I was up all last night reading the customer suppport forum and complaints. Kinda made me sick. These will be my first digitals

This is too nice a plane to take any risks.

Ted.
Old 04-25-2005, 08:09 AM
chuck l
My Feedback: (17)

F2G-1

I couldn't find the manual on the AB website, and couldn't find World Model's home page. Can you post a link to these?

Chuck
Old 04-25-2005, 08:50 AM
F2G-1

www.theworldmodels.com
Old 04-25-2005, 08:55 AM
F2G-1

If you have high speed internet, you should check out the video on AW website.

Ted
Old 04-25-2005, 12:59 PM
djwalker

I haven't had the 5625s very long. Now I'm worried about them. I guess I'll be checking out the posts complaining about them as well.
Old 04-25-2005, 07:38 PM
jgroumy

I've had 6 5625's on a Great Planes PW extra with a BME 50 for 3 years now. No problems whatsoever, lotsa power.

I'm also looking at the WM ultimate. The only issue for me is that from the pictures i've seen, it seems smallish when compared to other 50cc planes. Is that only an illusion ? I especially noticed how the engine is sticking way out of the cowling.

JG

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.