Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Foreplay & the Kevlar thread

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Foreplay & the Kevlar thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 11:19 AM
Roadster
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Foreplay & the Kevlar thread

Need help with the Kevlar Thread. It is for stiffing up the wings. The instruction are vague on the way to install the string to make it work, or I'm just not smart enought to figure it out.

Thanks
Greg
Old 04-04-2005, 06:13 AM
Passport1
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Foreplay & the Kevlar thread

Get a needle start at the bottom on either side and poke it up through the wing at the endstrut. From there you go to the top of the center cabane and then the top wing. Now immediately you need to go back down through the top wing and out to the endstrut. Poke the needle through on the inside of the strut and bottom wing. Now pull some of the thread through so you have some slack and then you can poke the needle back through the bottom wing and take it straight up to the top wing where you will do the same thing as before. The only thing is that the thread will now run from the top to the bottom. As you finish this you will see an X appear on each side when looking at your model from the front, Once you have that finished put a drop of UFO Zap everyplace that the thread is going through the foam and where they cross each other. That will keep the thread from pulling through the foam as easily in case of a mishap. Once this is complete move to the trailing edge of the end strut and do this again. This gives you 2 rows of X's on each side and makes for a really strong little plane.

Hope this helps

Chip
ORIGINAL: Roadster

Need help with the Kevlar Thread. It is for stiffing up the wings. The instruction are vague on the way to install the string to make it work, or I'm just not smart enought to figure it out.

Thanks
Greg
Old 04-04-2005, 10:00 AM
Roadster
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Foreplay & the Kevlar thread

Thanks Chip.

Greg