Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
RadioCraft Extra 330LX 35% >

RadioCraft Extra 330LX 35%

Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

RadioCraft Extra 330LX 35%

Old 12-28-2001, 01:01 AM
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RadioCraft Extra 330LX 35%

Any other RC Extra flyers out there. It is the best flying plane you could ever want for those of you that haven't tried one!

Just curious?
Old 12-28-2001, 04:16 PM

I want one bad!! I hear it excels in 3D and IMAC! A little pricey for my 15 year old budget though. I plan to fly my 29% Edge next year then sell it to fund the RC Extra and the new BME 102 that is supposed to come out.
Old 12-28-2001, 06:26 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Do you really think it flies all that differently from other 35% Extras? Like the Troy-Built or the Aeroworks. Have you flown those for comparison? Curious?
Old 12-28-2001, 06:46 PM

Default Extras

I have flown several planes and I am very free with letting others fly mine. If someone is competent then I am generally very comfortable so I am sharing mine and quite a few others expressed opinions. The RadioCraft really seems to fly lighter and tighter than any others that I or others have flown. The snaps are just so dead on and crisp! It 3Ds like a champ. Most of the Extras that I have flown just don't respond as well and few are set for the 3D mods that the RC Extra has. I would love to have a chance to fly one of Carden's Extras though. Dennis and Caroline do such a wonderful job with their kits. I have a new Carden Edge sitting on my office floor, getting ready to go to the bench.

I have owned an Aeroworks Edge and it was a very sweet plane but it is totally different than the Carden Edge. Alot of the kit builders change the birds up to get different characteristics. The best planes to me have been the kits that are cut downs of larger birds. For example, you scale the Extra to a 37% and then clip it to a 35%. Carden does that as well. It makes for an advantage for 3D. Broad fuse and wider root.

Also, look at what is being flown in the IMAC tournements..... The most popular is the RC Extra. I am not the only one...
Old 12-28-2001, 07:11 PM
My Feedback: (15)

Default I don't own one.....

But I've flown one - several times.

This is by far the best flying plane that I have ever flown.......

Been flying since the 70's....

Pug

PS. Bean, sorry to hear that EFE is going by the way side. I was looking forward to competing next year....
Old 12-28-2001, 07:18 PM

Default EFE

It isn't going by the wayside so much as it is changing the format. We just haven't been able to get enough people tuned into a sequence format. We are going to have another big 3D flyin event with a freestyle competition. The last one that we had a couple of months ago was just great. We had several top pilots that did a lot to entertain and help new 3D pilots. It will be well worth the trip from Atlanta.

Bean
Old 12-28-2001, 07:19 PM
My Feedback: (15)

Default Sweet......

When and where?

Is it on your site?

Pug
Old 12-30-2001, 10:18 PM
My Feedback: (45)

Default 40% RC Extra 330 ARF

Hi Bean,

Have you ordered one of these yet? They say it's just a scaled up version of the 35% version. It's definitely now at the top of my wish list. I've heard nothing but incredible things about the 35%er. I owned a RC 35% Staudacher and loved the way it flew, plus the excellent design and quality of the plane. I'm betting that the 40% Extra will be the best ARF on the market regardless of size.

FYI, if you want a backup opinion to Bean's(not that one is needed :-) ) on this plane, read the review on RCFaq.com. It's just as enthusiastic as Bean.

Bill
Old 12-31-2001, 05:36 AM

Default RC Extra

Pugs,

No date yet. We are going to get one on the club schedule. Evreything goes on vote. It should be April.

40% Extra ARF--

This one leaves me curious.... RadioCraft has joined with J'Tec, which is a good company also, they now have this new ARF 40%. I have never seen a 40% ARF and for the price of $1495 it is hard to believe. It is not a copy of the ARC 35%. It has full foam wings. If it were being pushed by Harry and Ryan I would feel better but the information is coming from J'Tec. I don't know for sure what the situation is now. Don't take that as good or bad. It is just me saying that I really don't know but it seems too good to be true <VBG>. THe 35% was the best wood and the finish was superior! I could not have imagined any better. I have yet to see an ARF that I can say that about... Also, I have a 35% size truck. A 40% would cost $30,000 for me. I drive a demo that is as large as we sell. If I got a 40% I would have to buy a truck to carry it... Unless any of you have heard of Jaguar, Acura or Infiniti making something in the Suburban size ????
Old 12-31-2001, 05:45 AM

Default 40% Jaguar

Bean,

Maybe you should submit a new product suggestion. Do any of your brands give bonuses if a suggestion turns into reality.....or how about a trailer on a Jag XKR100?

Bill
Old 12-31-2001, 12:41 PM

On the XKR.... Man, that would have to be one sleek looking trailer.... Probably cost $30k to get a trailer that would look right behind the XKR and not ruin the 5 second 0-60 or the 160 mph top end....
Old 12-31-2001, 08:00 PM

Default re: Jag trailer

But you certainly would be arriving in style. Just get the old heliarc out and a little titanium and carbon fiber, apply your expert modeling skills and you're there.

Bill
Old 01-04-2002, 01:06 AM

Default extra

3drc Do you have the website for Radio Craft.? I have a Carden extra and cap. Both fly great. I wanted to get there 35% edge for the same reason (I have a 35% vehicle) Plus, I can use the 3w100 when one of the others go in. I noticed carden just raised the price on there edge from $750 to $799. By the time you build, cover and paint your well over the $1495. Is the tail of there planes airfoil or flat?

thanks
Old 01-04-2002, 01:31 AM

Default 35%

Radiocraft -- www.radiocraft.com

I have the 35% Carden Edge kit on my office floor. It isn't as easy a project as the RadioCraft.
Old 01-08-2002, 07:38 AM
My Feedback: (2)

Bean,
I've got a Radiocraft Extra. I bought it mid last year and have been slowly finishing it. I have got to say the quality of the construction is impressive. There has been very few places on the plane that I thought I could have done better myself. The finish contouring of the wing sheeting and LE is great. In conrast I have a Hanger 9 extra, It flys great, but the quality is not there.
I really look forward to getting the Radiocraft flying,
Should be soon. I am debating on covering schemes. Know any good online galleries of full size extras?
Old 01-13-2002, 04:28 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Default Any opinion on there RadioCrafts New Cap?

I was checking out the RadioCraft website and noticed their new Cap 232 35% soon to be out. Has anyone heard any news about this plane or seen how well it flys?