Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

I really need your help!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

I really need your help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2001, 08:31 PM
CAPtain232
My Feedback: (40)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I really need your help!!!!

I recently bought a wall map of the States. My intensions are to try to go to as many of the BIG shows as I can. I am new to many of these shows, so I have no idea when and where some of them are. Could you guys help me out?........... I just need the city, state and month with rough dates such as the JOE NALL is at the Triple Tree Aerodrome in Woodruff SC usaully the second weekend. I am looking for shows like TOC, Toledo, WRAM and any other BIG shows that you know about. I would also like this info for the OSHKOSH show. ......Any web sites that may go along with the show would also be appreciated. I know there are lots of big shows that I may not even be aware of so list them all please. I am located in INDIANA so anything around here is of special interest as well. Thanks a bunch.....Jeff......You can email me your info if you like or post for all to see.
Old 01-01-2002, 02:35 AM
HitecRedneck

With your questions it appears to me that you have not had the pleasure of joining the AMA. Within the magazine is a calandar of events and all the big shows advertise their events.

You might also visit the AMA web site and check the calandar dates.
Old 01-01-2002, 02:54 AM
DGrant
My Feedback: (4)

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Pasadena Trade Show......

I think it's the second week of January. Where all the companies show off all the new stuff, and everyone that goes, comes home and tells me what newly released item they've ordered.
Not quite a flying demo show, but pretty much cutting edge equipment.
Pasadena, Calif.
Old 01-01-2002, 03:48 PM
CAPtain232

Thanks DALE. I am a member of AMA. In fact I have been for about2 yrs now. I am simply trying to compile a list of events, wether flying or show or MAJOR swap meet, ealier this year so I can plan vacations and such. For the shows that are close to home, I can just schedule a long weekend. Toledo is close to home, but I do not know when it is.
Old 01-02-2002, 10:49 AM
rcflyerfl
My Feedback: (1)

Default Muncie IMAA 2002

Capt, The IMAA Rally of the Giants will be in Muncie on June 13 to the 16th. Following the Grand Event at Muncie.
Old 01-04-2002, 03:14 AM
Ed

Default CAPtain232 & Events -

We'd like for you to all come down to WINGS OVER THE DESERT, the first weekend in April. It's going to be held in sunny Tucson Az., April 6, and 7th. It's AMA / IMAA sponsored, and we hold a big swap meet along with it, so bring stuff. This is a laid back, non-competitive, BIG BIRD FLY-IN. Paved runway 600' x 100', ramadas, pilot raffle, landing fee $15, primative camping on site, concession, and we have the world famous PIMA AIR MUSEUM right down the road.

Bring the entire family, lots to do in sunny Tucson !

Contact me for more information - [email protected]
Attached Images  
Old 01-07-2002, 06:56 PM
3dpilot

Default events

Be sure to Mark your map and calendar for "Chicagoland Festival of Giants" This is a huge event. We have over 150 pilots and over 300 planes. It will be July 11-13th, 2002. We have primative camping, security, and dinner at Robart Mfg. This is our 9 th yr and we grow every year. Both warbirds and aerobatic planes.

Also Rally of Giants is June 13-16 in Munci, IN

Joe Nall is May 15-18

TOC is Oct. 9-13 in Vegas
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	716_1361.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	14.8 KB
ID:	1144  
Old 01-08-2002, 12:19 AM
CAPtain232

Default MAJOR EVENT CALENDAR

Hey thanks a bunch 3DPilot!!!! This is the kind of info I am looking for. More PLEASE!!!!
Jeff
Old 01-09-2002, 03:46 AM
KYCH

June 15th,& 16th 1/4 scale at Shelby, Oh. at the airport west of town,IMAA Big Bird Show. Last year we had 5000+ people visit. It's a great show tell all your friends.
Old 01-09-2002, 03:38 PM
3dpilot

Default shelby OH

KYCH

Think I went to a fly in at shelby. Was that the imaa minifest 2 years ago. Was it next to the dragstrip?