Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

New 50cc Yak

Old 10-31-2005, 05:22 PM
Copper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New 50cc Yak

Hey John!
When are the 50cc yaks gonna ship. I'm on the list, and I am really anxious to get mine.
Thanks,
Copper
Old 11-01-2005, 04:49 PM
Young-RCPilot

I Just Recieved this
Hello,

The Yak's are on the way! They left October 20th a few days late. Nothing unsual. So were still on the same timetable. I will email you again once they hit customs. I again thank you for your order and look forward to serving you.

Thanks
John
YAY!
Old 11-01-2005, 05:56 PM
tashley
My Feedback: (9)

Freakin Yay!
Old 11-05-2005, 03:08 AM
Langster

Hi John,

do you have any distributers in Australia? If not is the shipping cost likely to be extreme?

Thanks

Bruce
Old 11-05-2005, 10:59 AM
Aerotech

Hello,

Not at this time. But we are talking to DHL for some discounted rates. If you can email me the closest major airport I can get you a quote.

Thanks
John
Old 11-05-2005, 08:51 PM
Langster

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply. The closest airport is Perth, Western Australia.

Cheers

Bruce
Old 11-06-2005, 12:08 PM
flier
My Feedback: (7)

Just pulled the trigger on one of these Yaks myself.
Should be good to go with the DA-50 I've got sitting here.
Old 11-06-2005, 05:27 PM
Banker
My Feedback: (10)

How does the firewall work. Is it set for a DA50 like the picture?
Old 11-07-2005, 10:57 AM
Aerotech

Hello,

I have contacted our frieght company and should know shortly Langster. As far as the motor goes Banker. Its a generic setup. I chose not to setup for one specific motor since the 50cc class motors are comming out very quickly to serve demand. The customer has the options so you dont have to modify the plane for another motor type.

Thanks
John
Old 11-07-2005, 11:17 AM
lsnover
My Feedback: (19)

ORIGINAL: Aerotech

Hello,

I have contacted our frieght company and should know shortly Langster. As far as the motor goes Banker. Its a generic setup. I chose not to setup for one specific motor since the 50cc class motors are comming out very quickly to serve demand. The customer has the options so you dont have to modify the plane for another motor type.

Thanks
John
John:

Can you elaborate on this? I ordered one of these on the basis that based on the photos, it was pretty much ready to roll for a DA50. I was debating between yours, Wildhare and BMEs, and chose the Aerotech because of advertised weight, the setup for cannisters, and the setup for the DA50. BME is leaving their motor mount essentially unfinished. While this is not a big deal, I am not much of an engineer, and prefer something that is as plug and play as possible, especially with regard to setup of thrust lines, etc. If the finished product is not ready to roll for a DA50, I would appreciate very detailed instructions on installation measurements, etc. if at all possible.

Thanks for your comments.

Sincerely,
Lee
Old 11-07-2005, 03:06 PM
Banker
My Feedback: (10)

I agree. The picture shows it set up for a DA50. No big deal to make it fit if the measurements are given. Is the firewall already attached (like Wild Hare) or seperate (like the TOC)?
Old 11-08-2005, 09:09 AM
Aerotech

Hello,

We have made it as close to plug and play taking into consideration other motors that would no fit a DA50 only setup. The firewalls are installed with RH thrust and a generic hole to allow for the carb.

Thanks
John
Old 11-08-2005, 09:26 AM
lsnover

ORIGINAL: Aerotech

Hello,

We have made it as close to plug and play taking into consideration other motors that would no fit a DA50 only setup. The firewalls are installed with RH thrust and a generic hole to allow for the carb.

Thanks
John
Sounds good. I spent hours getting the Firewall setup on my GP Eagle for the DA50. I don't want to go through that trouble again. I just hope the weights come in someplace realistic.

Regards,
Lee
Old 11-15-2005, 08:05 PM
kevinc
My Feedback: (2)

John Whats the latest on the delivery?

Kevin
Old 11-18-2005, 09:54 PM
lsnover

ORIGINAL: kevinc

John Whats the latest on the delivery?

Kevin
Yep, awfully quiet on this forum? Any new news? Is the boat just winding it's way slowly to this side of the world?

Cheers!
Lee
Old 11-19-2005, 12:20 AM
T. Bob

I'm not sure why everyone is waiting?
I just bought a TOC from Chief and I'll get it Monday.
Why wait for the unknown when their are 3 of 4 different types of Yaks out there, that fly great, and are ready to ship.
Looks the same.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay74813.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	356676  
Old 11-19-2005, 08:11 AM
lsnover

ORIGINAL: T. Bob

I'm not sure why everyone is waiting?
I just bought a TOC from Chief and I'll get it Monday.
Why wait for the unknown when their are 3 of 4 different types of Yaks out there, that fly great, and are ready to ship.
Looks the same.
It may look the same, but I'm hoping Aerotech's will be lighter, and they say it's not the same.

Could be just marketing. We will have to wait and see. I'm patient, or at least I try to be. ;-)

Cheers!
Lee
Old 11-19-2005, 10:28 AM
T. Bob

Well here in the midwest the building season is starting now.
I'm sure AeroTech wish they had those planes ready to go.
A month or two from now the guys will have already spent their $$$$$.
Just my opinion...
Old 11-19-2005, 11:28 AM
3D ONdaEDGE

I ordered the aerotech because the TOC yaks are coming out a little heavy. I looked at the TOC and was gonna buy one. But then I saw the Aerotech. Yes they do look very similar and yes oour bulding season is started. But I chose the lighter of the 2. Plus the Aerotech will be here any day now, and I already have everything else, and it will only take a few weeks to assemble. So even though you already have yours, mine will still be ready 3 or 4 months befroe flying season starts again.
Old 11-19-2005, 12:03 PM
Aerotech

Hello,

T.Bob, We have many items pre-ordered and kits are selling as fast as we can produce them. We are blessed to have this amount of business now. I have never seen you post this amount is mis-information, speculation, negitive comments and general nonsense about anyone but our company. Unless it related to the topic please reframe from posting items that have no bearing. Also as I email most all parties. The Yaks were loaded on the boat on October 20th and set sail not long after that. So were still on the original schedule. Any changes I will let all know when we do. I have people ready to go through each box the day the container shows and take 24hours to make sure the kits are ready to ship to our customers. Thanks again for choosing us.

John
Old 11-21-2005, 12:00 AM
T. Bob

Well john I hope it's a pound or two lighter than it will be well worth the wait.
Good Luck.
Old 11-21-2005, 12:08 AM
Aerotech

Hello,

I have posted our prototype weight. Our production planes should be within those specs.

Thanks

John
Old 11-21-2005, 04:53 PM
SLINGSHOT-RCU

It will be worth the wait, John is a great guy to deal with, Also he is easy to get up with. Great customer service..
Old 11-30-2005, 09:01 AM
hpergm

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dear John,

I have pre-ordered a Yak through the European agent. I am trying to put together a list of things needed to complete the kit.

I see that some pushrod hardware will be needed, although you seem to have included a carbon tube for reinforcement and BB clevises for the supplied horns (as in the Velox kit)...

I am currently trying to decide the rest of the pushrod items, so some questions are in order.

1. Are the supplied BB clevises for the horns in American or Metric sizes (i.e. for 4-40 or 3mm thread)?
2. I would like to employ titanium turnbuckles where possible for a slick and lightweight setup. I will shop around from the RC car shops, but I need to know rod lengths for the elevator and aileron linkages plus the info from Q.1 above.
3. What size wheels are needed?
4. What is the approximate required length of the pull-pull wires for the rudder? (I will try Kevlar here, so I need this measurement to avoid buying more than I need- expensive!)

Also, some other Q's....

5. What is the tube diameter and length for the tail feathers ? Is it aluminium?
6. Are the elevator servos mounted within the stab halves or in the fuse for the production version (this plays a role in pushrod-end type selection). I see that the prototype has them on the fuz.
7. I understand the main wing tube is 1" aluminium. Is the ~1" an approximate measurement or the diameter is really in Metric units (25mm)? What is the tube length (I will look around for a carbon one).
8. I am gonna use Chip Hyde's Quiet Pipe with my DA50 plus a KS-made ~8-10" long header. Will this combo fit the tunnel (width AND length wise) without hitting the LG plate or tunnel walls?
Old 11-30-2005, 09:14 AM
Stallion_51
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: SLINGSHOT-RCU

It will be worth the wait, John is a great guy to deal with, Also he is easy to get up with. Great customer service..

I wholeheartedly agree.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.