Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

KMP Edge 540

Old 03-03-2007, 11:48 AM
flymhi
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: KMP Edge 540

Did you guys set up a dual battery pack in your Edge 540s? If so did you put two exterior switches or rig up some other method? I am using NiMH 2700 batts and have two, but do not want 2 exterior switches.

I am using a [link=http://www.dimensionengineering.com/PicoSwitch.htm]pico[/link] switch for the ignition and though about using a second one connected to the primary switch. Switch the main switch would activate the second in turn both batteries. I'm also planning on using the [link=http://www.smart-fly.com/Products/BatShare/batshare.htm]batshare[/link] if I do this method. Just not sure how critical two batteries are since in 15 years of doing this I've never had a battery failure in flight.

Thanks,

Shane

Old 03-03-2007, 02:03 PM
denney47
My Feedback: (359)

I have two RX batteries and two switches in my Edge but when I do my 30% Yak I will just put one battery and switch in it. I am like you, I have been doing this for many years and have not had a battery go bad yet. If you take care of your batteries you should not have a problem. The second battery is not much help anyway unless you put a diod on each circut to protect one battery in case the other has a short.

Tom
Old 03-09-2007, 01:48 AM
flymhi
My Feedback: (1)

Fellas,

Here's a panel from a real 540 if you care to print and glue to the interior...ok it's from MS FS.

Thanks,

Shane
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wt59000.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	638371  
Old 03-04-2021, 02:41 AM
pcmentz

Good day. Trying my luck here on a old thread. I recently aquired one of these EDGE 50CC planes. I would like to give it a once over and make sure that all is setup as per the manufacture spec. Is there a possibility that someone still have a manual for this plane that can be shared with me.
Any help will be appriciated.
Regards
P
Old 03-05-2021, 07:53 AM
denney47
My Feedback: (359)

Originally Posted by pcmentz
Good day. Trying my luck here on a old thread. I recently aquired one of these EDGE 50CC planes. I would like to give it a once over and make sure that all is setup as per the manufacture spec. Is there a possibility that someone still have a manual for this plane that can be shared with me.
Any help will be appriciated.
Regards
P
I do not have a manual for that airplane but I have assembled two if them, if you need an answer on something please let me know.
Old 03-08-2021, 11:18 PM
pcmentz

Good day Sir.

Thank you for your reply regarding the KMP Edge.
I wanted to find out what the total waight of the plane needs to be. I notedt that after mounting the Motor she is still VERY tail heavy. I need to add about 400g of lead to balance her out. Total dry is 7.5Kg (16.5 Pound) With fuel she will come in at 8Kg (17.6 Pound)

Secondly I had to alter the firewall a bit to fit the motor. I used the same box angle ect when I cut it. Can I use the Cowl as a guide as to the exact location where the motor must be mounted. (Was actully looking for a type of template).

Lastly. How does this bird fly? Were you happy with her? She is my first 50cc coming from 30cc and 90Size planes. So im a bit intimidated by her size ;-)

Regards
Pierre C Mentz