Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Balance with wood prop

Old 01-09-2002, 12:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Balance with wood prop

I normally fly with APC props on my 1/4 scale and was doing lots of touch and gos to see how slow i could get it and on the last touch and go before getting ready to leave i stalled the plane on landing about 7" off the gound and the nose droped and hit the prop anyways I have always wanted to try a wood prop but it is alot lighter than an APC about (1/2 to 1/4 the weight) and will affect my balance point what do you guys think? it is a laser 200 It balances (with the APC) empty about 1/4 to 1/2" behind the recommended location with the tank empty and just about right on with the tank full. anyways the apc is a 16x6 and the wood is a 16x8 to make up for some of the loss of performance.
Old 01-09-2002, 04:27 PM
My Feedback: (56)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sinker

Throw a lead sinker or two in the nose if you're worried about it.