Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

1/4 scale Cub builders

Old 01-13-2006, 10:53 PM
jumpstart55
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1/4 scale Cub builders

I am building a Dynaflite Super Cub also and purchased the Wallace gear a while back. It is really great and the scale is good. The workmanship is good also. Make sure to tell him what width your fuse is, as he has a couple of different sizes. Have a great day and Cubs forever!

Forrest
Old 01-17-2006, 01:35 PM
bumpman
My Feedback: (23)

Hi Guys, Glad I read this ,got some great tips. Any one with pro's/con's about the Great Planes kitted J3 cub 90" model. I thought this would be perfect for the Saito 100T I already have. I don't have much time to build,but I havn't seen a ARF yet that does this airplane justice.J3 was the first airplane ride for me back in early 50's.Still remember it well,$1.50 a ride.
Old 01-17-2006, 07:57 PM
David3827

I'm almost through with my USA 1/4 and have installed a Saito 150. My problem is finding out what size the wing N numbers are supposed to be (height, width and spacing).
Old 01-18-2006, 08:21 AM
ec121connie

David3827

The info in this image file might help. I used the info when I drew up the NC numbers for a 1/4 sig last year.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us53633.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	390010  
Old 01-19-2006, 11:42 AM
mblvsvb

Hi I have a 1/4 sig cub and I want to change the the color to army green, It is covered with fabric and has had quite a few flights. what paint should i use and is there prep I should do so the paint will stick better. and what about where the muffler exits and the oil has blowin down the side. will that affect the paint and what do i clean it with before i paint it.???? Thanks Mike
Old 01-20-2006, 02:40 AM
williaml
My Feedback: (1)

Does anyone have pictures or papers showing detail on rivet location for wings and fuse? Want to redo my super cub and want to add some detail. Thanks.
Old 01-20-2006, 02:48 AM
williaml
My Feedback: (1)

if the fab is full soak, you need to replace it before you paint. Any enamel paint would work that is made to withstand fuel/gas exposure. I like using auto paint. Can get most any color you want and easy to apply with airbrush.
Old 01-20-2006, 09:03 AM
GerKonig

<<if the fab is full soak, you need to replace it before you paint.>>

I would rip the soaked fabric, sand, apply "Balsarite" and then re-apply fabric. THEN paint. When I re-did my Balsa USA cub (after recovering the fuselage w/Century 21 fabric), since the tail group looked great I just purchased a couple of spray cans, ans spray painted the entire tail section section. It looks great! MY Balsa Usa has a Super Cub cowling, and is white w/red trim.

Now, since the fuse and the tail look so good now (I also spray painted the cowling) I will have to recover (or spray paint) the wings, since they do look their age, this plane has to be over 14 years old...

I have a friend that painted his Balsa Usa Pup 1/3 scale w/latex (home) paint using a foam roller! The hing looks great!

Gerry