Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Looking for REALLY BIG Graphics for Trailer

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Looking for REALLY BIG Graphics for Trailer

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2006, 06:19 PM
splais
My Feedback: (25)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Looking for REALLY BIG Graphics for Trailer

Does anyone know a graphics cutter that can make really big graphics for the side of a trailer. some like 36" or maybe even more. Thanks.

I forgot to mention: a big warbird or Pitts, something along that line.
Old 01-21-2006, 07:05 PM
as722
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Looking for REALLY BIG Graphics for Trailer

If you're talking about graphics that will let everyone know what you have inside the trailer think again, otherwise go to any graphics place. A lot of trailers get stolen so be careful as to letting people know what you do with the trailer.

Albert
Old 01-21-2006, 07:31 PM
Thunderbolt47
My Feedback: (8)

My opinion on that is , if you have an enclosed trailer of any kind, is a sure bet that there something valuble in it. IF they want it, nothing you can do will keep them from stealing it , exept a 44 mag. It's a shame you can't kill some low life bum for stealing property.[&o][>:]
Old 01-21-2006, 07:32 PM
splais

Hummm, thats something I hadn't thought of.[]
Old 01-21-2006, 09:03 PM
HarryJ
My Feedback: (98)

Take the money you would have spent on graphics and buy a couple extra boxes of shells, especially where you live close to the border.

Harry
Old 01-21-2006, 10:25 PM
Digger44
My Feedback: (4)

[link=http://www.williamssignandhobby.com/]Williams Sign and Hobby[/link]
Old 01-21-2006, 10:29 PM
DaddySam
My Feedback: (9)

Bill Fulmer at Custom Cut Graphics. www.customcutgrafix.com Unbeatable prices, great service, and a really nice guy!
Sam
Old 01-22-2006, 12:21 AM
scotsman212

I'm a thirty-year sign painter and graphi designer and in the process of setting up my own trailer. One option is to sew heavy vinyl banner material and letter onto that and apply the removable banners to the trailer when at the field or a show. They can also double for indoor banners at shows, etc with a little thought to layout. I can't seem to get into the spirit of worrying about my trailer being stolen. I'm in business and I need my trailer lettered just like the local plumber needs his lettered. Actually, almost any sign shop that cuts vinyl lettering can do what you need especially if you supply them the art. It really doesn't have to be a "hobby" related cutter. They can simply scan your art into the program, size it and cut it. Unless you go with a large commercial company, most of the vinyl cutters will use a cutting plotter with around a 30" (or less) width and they will be layed on in horizontal/vertical strips to make up the whole of the design. Course I'm of the old school of hand lettering. Vinyl never stops "cooking" and as the solvents leave the sheet over a period of time and exposure to sun (even the stuff billed as UV resistant) you get cracking and shrinkage perhaps not so much on RC aircraft that are protected most of the time but eveyone has seen this happen on trailers. I can keep my paint touched up but touched up vinyl can really look ugly. Of coures that's just my opinion and I could be wrong.
Old 01-22-2006, 11:06 AM
BBW Walt
My Feedback: (11)

ORIGINAL: as722

If you're talking about graphics that will let everyone know what you have inside the trailer think again, otherwise go to any graphics place. A lot of trailers get stolen so be careful as to letting people know what you do with the trailer.

Albert
I agree with this responce totally but, try a big picture of a cow pie.
Old 01-22-2006, 01:12 PM
Diablo-RCU

If/when I get a trailer, I was thinking of getting a large sign on the side that reads:

SWANSON'S SEPTIC TANK CLEANING & SEWER RODDING
Old 01-22-2006, 01:32 PM
ParticleMan
My Feedback: (24)

Give us a shout, we can do something like that a few different ways. We have a really big vinyl cutter (60" ), and Digital printer (64" ) available. Photo Quality on the side of your trailer if you want

[email protected]

www.bandegraphix.com
Old 01-22-2006, 02:38 PM
as722

Diablo-rcu,

It's funny you say that, I've been thinking of getting a magnetic sign that says( " Al's septic cleaning" )to put on when at a hotel.

Albert
Old 01-22-2006, 06:32 PM
splais

I was thinking along the lines of " Bio Hazard" or "Radioactive Waste"; that should do it.
Old 01-23-2006, 11:07 AM
spuck5644

Getting more to the point in answering your question:

[link=http://www.die-hardgraphics.com]www.die-hardgraphics.com[/link]

We have used them for years, great work, reasonable prices, fantastic service. Ask for Bart.
Old 02-01-2006, 04:50 PM
Wildmann
My Feedback: (3)

Conact Wildmann:
I have a huge line of Warbird and Aerobatic plane Just made for your trailer.
Can Cut for the size you need
631 648 3837
Old 02-01-2006, 06:33 PM
staggerwing
My Feedback: (5)

I have a very large Grumman Widgeon on one side and a Beaver on the other. Haven't had a problem. Could be the 195 lb dog that stays with the trailer.

Rich

--------------------

Wyoming Wind Festival Jan 1 to Dec 31
Old 02-02-2006, 08:05 AM
JWilliams
My Feedback: (6)

I have used www.bandegraphix.com with excellent results and they can do big graphics plus they just did a whole plane with printed graphics which you can put a jpeg on the side of your trailer.
Jeff
Old 02-02-2006, 11:23 AM
famousdave
My Feedback: (61)

ORIGINAL: as722

Albert

Took the words right out of my mouth.... I know several people who's trailers have been stolen (or broken into) due to them advertising the expensive toys that lie within....

I think if I had a trailer I'd paint it brown and put "dog waste disposal service" or something catchy like "Mark's Illegal Alien transport service.." on the side of it.... 'aint no one would want THAT trailer!! OH yeah.. having a Desert Eagle comes in handy too...

DP
Old 02-19-2006, 08:40 PM
Wildmann

I have One thought on this. People steal things for money. Now if your average crack head is going to steal something chances are its not your trailer. (Most dont own a car)It will be a small box Possibly with your transmitter in it. or maybe your battery charger.Now if someone steals your trailer chances are A he Knows you.B he is in your club or has been around you. C he wants just your trailer. or D you didnt keep up with the payments ( thats called reposession )Now wouldn't it be easy to tell the cops I am looking for a trailer with Bigg Letters on the side that says ??????? or look for a trailer that has Airplanes on the side.
No you would want to put Good Quality Vinyl on the side that cant be peeled off in any time soon.Now Here is where I try and enlighten some. Printed vinyls are only 4 year Not perm. and Fades like hell if not done properly and Will come off fairly easy. So what you want at least on Letters and such is 751 Oracal,or even a 651 wich has a least a 6 year life and has permabond
Old 02-19-2006, 08:50 PM
Wildmann

I'm a thirty-year sign painter and graphi designer and in the process of setting up my own trailer. One option is to sew heavy vinyl banner material and letter onto that and apply the removable banners to the trailer when at the field or a show. They can also double for indoor banners at shows, etc with a little thought to layout. I can't seem to get into the spirit of worrying about my trailer being stolen. I'm in business and I need my trailer lettered just like the local plumber needs his lettered. Actually, almost any sign shop that cuts vinyl lettering can do what you need especially if you supply them the art. It really doesn't have to be a "hobby" related cutter. They can simply scan your art into the program, size it and cut it. Unless you go with a large commercial company, most of the vinyl cutters will use a cutting plotter with around a 30" (or less) width and they will be layed on in horizontal/vertical strips to make up the whole of the design. Course I'm of the old school of hand lettering. Vinyl never stops "cooking" and as the solvents leave the sheet over a period of time and exposure to sun (even the stuff billed as UV resistant) you get cracking and shrinkage perhaps not so much on RC aircraft that are protected most of the time but eveyone has seen this happen on trailers. I can keep my paint touched up but touched up vinyl can really look ugly. Of coures that's just my opinion and I could be wrong.

Ok Here Is a Guy who Kinda Knows something, and the smartest thing he has said is "Of coures that's just my opinion and I could be wrong. Now He is right vinyl will shrink and Dry up. But Some Vinyls Like the 751 and 651 can stay in Direct UV sunlight for 8 years without shrinking and No fadeing/cracking So what you have is a product that will outlast paint and when it comes down to change Well there is nothing easier to do.??

I know you are going to hit me with that one. First off all you need is heat( a small heat gun.) and a can of wd40 and one of those plastic scrapers.