Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Needing some help with my Comp-arf Extra 2x2

Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Needing some help with my Comp-arf Extra 2x2

Old 08-20-2006, 08:20 PM
xtdsm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Needing some help with my Comp-arf Extra 2x2

hey everyone, I would appreciate some input from those of you who have this plane along with DA 50cc.

- should I use 2.5" stand offs or 3"?
- any tricks on how to get more throw out of the elevatores?
- the kit does not come with tail wheel and the manual says I don't have to use a streerable wheel, but if this is the case, how would I go about steering her around the runway?

thanks
Old 08-20-2006, 08:45 PM
zzw26n
My Feedback: (45)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Needing some help with my Comp-arf Extra 2x2

xtdsm,

If you use the standard 2 1/2 " stand-offs and the recommended RH Thrust, you'll have about 3/16" clearance to the back plate on the Spinner. (manual says 152mm lh and 157mm rh ??)

To get 35-40 degree's of throw in the down position, requires you to remove around 2mm of the inside edge the moving surface; e.g. elevator or aileron. Comp-arf does not recommend to make the gap much bigger then 3-5mm in the neutral position.

Get the Sullivan 15lb tail wheel, it has a spring wire which you attach to the bottom of the rudder and a bushing on the tail wheel, works great. In fact I've used it on 3-4 planes, works great.

hope that helps, pictures would be worth a thousand words though, see what I can do.

zz

hey everyone, I would appreciate some input from those of you who have this plane along with DA 50cc.

- should I use 2.5" stand offs or 3"?
- any tricks on how to get more throw out of the elevatores?
- the kit does not come with tail wheel and the manual says I don't have to use a streerable wheel, but if this is the case, how would I go about steering her around the runway?

thanks

[/quote]
Old 08-21-2006, 05:20 PM
xtdsm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Needing some help with my Comp-arf Extra 2x2

thanks a lot zzw26n. pics of the tail wheel would be nice tho