Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Servo extensions, how close to antenna?

Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Servo extensions, how close to antenna?

Old 08-27-2006, 11:19 AM
dmcmike
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo extensions, how close to antenna?

I'm working out the final radio install on a Giant Aeromaster, prior to covering. Being that this is my first 'giant' scale model (i've been doing r/c since dirt was invented), I'm curious as to how far away I need to keep the antenna from the servo extensions running in the fuse. I've got 2 - 20" extensions, and a reversing 'Y' connector with the servos in the tail. I'm running them in a split tube, so they won't be flopping all over the place, and usually run the antenna in a piece of nyrod outer house, both of which are secured to the fuselage framing.

I've seen ferrite 'beads' used on extensions in the past. How long an extension can I run before I need to consider using them?

thanks!
mcmike
Old 08-27-2006, 03:46 PM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Servo extensions, how close to antenna?

Just put the servo extensions on one side and the antenna on the other. That keeps them separate. I try to keep the maximum distance possible, which is the width of the fuse. No other devices are needed.