Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

56% Sukhoi

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 10:42 PM
Lorance66
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 56% Sukhoi

A friend and I are looking for plans for a very large scale Sukhoi. On a video we noticed a guy with a 56% Su-26 that was simply awesome. It was red/white and has "Neste Air" on the side of it. Anyone out there have any idea how we could either get in touch with this guy OR just simply find some plans for this type of aircraft (or larger)?

The video was shot in France and the guy had a French name. I know I can't spell it but I believe it was something like Francois Tonge (sp?)

Thanks everyone!

Brad

Old 09-20-2006, 03:11 PM
Badge
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: 56% Sukhoi

All the planes made overseas are 9 times out of 10 scratch built. The only company that I know that makes a 50% Sukhoi is http://www.glhobbies.com/ be prepared to spend in excess of 15 grand!
Old 09-21-2006, 09:08 AM
geardaddy
My Feedback: (27)

i have some beautiful plans for a 1/4 SU-26 from RCM and they would build up nicely to a 1/2 or more, do not believe it would use up 15k however, perhaps 1.5k - 2k the European Sukhoi has since crashed as i understand it, same guy also has a 1/2 christian eagle.
Old 09-21-2006, 09:52 AM
Lorance66

I will pass that info on about the plans, and thank you very much for offering. I am not sure however who would be able to print the plans on the scale that we need. Any ideas on that? We have considered this.

On the hobby shop link, we are both familiar with this guy. As a matter of fact, I have a brother who lives in Cookville, TN ironically.......but once again, scaling up the plans is our challenge.

And on a final note, I am just kinda the guy handling this correspondence for the project. My partner who is the one really wanting to undertake this project is sort of loaded with cash at the moment and nothing makes him happier than large airplanes. I don't think anyone will be able to talk him out of it either, so I suppose money is no object.

thanks again guys for all the help and advice.

Brad
Old 09-22-2006, 01:06 PM
Lorance66

Ok guys......thanks to John at AerotechRC.com we are all set!

I appreciate everyone who replied. Thank you so much!

Brad

Old 09-22-2006, 02:23 PM
geardaddy
My Feedback: (27)

Is it a secret?
Old 09-24-2006, 03:56 PM
Aerotech

Hello,