Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Byron Kit - 1/4 Scale Ryan ST-A...Need Help

Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Byron Kit - 1/4 Scale Ryan ST-A...Need Help

Old 12-15-2006, 12:04 AM
fastfret

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Byron Kit - 1/4 Scale Ryan ST-A...Need Help

Well I just purchase the Byron Kit 1/4 scale Ryan ST-A and this is my first attempt on a large kit. I have everything needed for me to build but I am missing the 29page Manual. I had tried contacting Iron Bay but had no response. I am hoping that someone can help me out by emailing me a pdf file to the following address: [email protected] so I can start building.
Also I would appreciate any input or recommendation to help build this bird. Thanks alot
Old 12-15-2006, 01:46 AM
Levi_Jordan
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: Byron Kit - 1/4 Scale Ryan ST-A...Need Help

1) Put the sticky stuff on the wood stuff and sand....

2) Repeat step one 4967 times.

3) Fly.
Old 12-15-2006, 12:10 PM
outssider
My Feedback: (23)

Default RE: Byron Kit - 1/4 Scale Ryan ST-A...Need Help

I am about 3 months into my build, I'm about ready for paint. Let me know if you have any specific questions. The manual is not great but i will scan it and send it to you. In the mean time here are a few hints that I can recall ....

1....be careful to build a left and a right landing gear. nowhere in the documentation does it say this. build one like the picture shows and another where the base is twisted around 180 degrees. I can take pictures of mine to help you if necessary.

2...the part of the manual that says sanding the trailing edge of the wing " don't sand too much or the aileron leading edge will be too fat. i can explain further when you get to this step.