Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Moving to NY from the UK

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 02:01 PM
Andrew Bird

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Moving to NY from the UK

Not sure if anyone out there can help but here goes nothing..........

I'm moving from the UK to the US (New York). My Fiancee will be working for Columbia University and I'll be doing my commercial pilots license.

I want to get set up with with a place to fly and getting some new gear over there. I'm going through the trauma of having to sell my gear off, it's not practical to ship[&o]
Currently flying an Extreme Flight 68" yak, 3m Comp arf Extra 260 and a Flash with a P120. Anyone know of a field within half an hour of the north end of the city (I guess Bronx area) or Englewood? And good places to get new gear. Pretty keen to get back into big 3d stuff again - I'm kind of annoyed at having to sell the extra!

Last thing - I'm speaking to a couple of full size flight schools round the area. If anyone has any good / bad experiences of places in the area - let me know!

Cheers,

Andrew
Old 09-05-2007, 02:02 PM
uLTRASPORT1000
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Moving to NY from the UK

We have a great flying field in Brooklyn. A decomissioned military airfield. 1500'X350' concrete runway. Many turbine and Giant Scale aerobats. Two minutes from major highway (Belt Parkway) to flight line. Open year round.
Check our website www.FlyPARCS.com
Contact me if you need additional info.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:13 AM
Andrew Bird

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Moving to NY from the UK

Wow, back here I have to rely on a little grass strip, which is great for big aerobatic stuff but leaves little margin for error with the flash. Your site looks awesome.