Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Pushrod Setups

Old 12-18-2007, 05:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pushrod Setups

Hi Guys
Any you guys willing to give me recommendations as to what pushrod setups you use on your aerobatic planes Im looking for advice on what to use i.e. metal servo arms, ballinks or clevises, steel pushrods or carbon Please if you can could you please post some pictures to give me an idea Hope you can help me
All the best
Styk
Old 12-18-2007, 05:11 PM
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Pushrod Setups

Ball links are the best. A clevis is good for smaller planes. The H9 titanium links are good for the pushrods. If you need longer than the H9 then do the CF pushrods with titanium ends. Go with SWB or Airwild servo arms. I only use SWB myself.
Old 12-18-2007, 08:10 PM
My Feedback: (1)

SWB or kill the servo removing the arm later with the MLP arms. If it's a short run (3" ish) to a control horn plain old 4-40 threaded rod works, For long runs put a CF rod over the 4-40 threaded rod. This works for an everyday 30% to 35% airplane. And I recomend it because in a hard crash the rods will bend and might save a servo. Once you build your $6k+ 35% or 40% masterpiece then you probably want the titanium push rods or similar. But for everyday huckin and learning 3D the less you care the lower you fly.
Old 12-19-2007, 09:14 AM
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

I really like the H9 titanium pro-links, left hand thread on one end and right hand thread on the other end, with the four sided flat in the middle. HD ball link on one end and the HD clevis on the other. You can adjust 'em with their "special" tool or I just use a 4" cresent wrench.

The only difficulty is that the max length on those is 5" so you'll need something else for slightly longer rods. I looked at the various options with the carbon rods and such but decided I wanted to try this method;

http://www.rodchuck.com/

It works great for custom lengths and IMHO, the only downside compared to the pro-links is that you've got a right hand thread on both ends so adjusting the length is a bit more hassle than the pro-links.
Old 12-19-2007, 11:28 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

As Zeeb said, H9 titanium pro-links with the left and right hand threaded ball links are probably the best you can get, the horns in the pic have been made by me, cut out of 2mm carbon sheet.

Mike

EDIT: I don't know why it came out that big?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca81541.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	734.5 KB
ID:	829244  
Old 12-21-2007, 05:09 PM
My Feedback: (25)

Lunsford Racing has titanium links in a plethera of sizes, in like 1/8" increments to fill any need you may have. Check 'em out at [link=http://www.lunsfordracing.com]Lunsford Racing[/link]