Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
 CA Models/Aeroworks 28% Edge 540 T  Kit >

CA Models/Aeroworks 28% Edge 540 T Kit

Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

CA Models/Aeroworks 28% Edge 540 T Kit

Old 12-20-2007, 06:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CA Models/Aeroworks 28% Edge 540 T Kit

Has anyone built one of these? I have been told the kits are the same i.e both made by CA Models. It looks like a well designed kit, probably stronger and a bit heavier than say a H9 ARF, has foam flying surfaces and an interlocking ply fuse.

I am interested in 3d and overall flright performance of this plane with a DA/DL 50 cc or equivalent engine. It does not have a lot more wing area than my H9 27% Extra (100 sq in)and that plane is not very stable in upright harriers. Is the 28% Edge any better?
Old 12-20-2007, 10:33 AM
My Feedback: (54)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: CA Models/Aeroworks 28% Edge 540 T Kit

I've built a few and can tell you that most, if not all, the 50cc size "kit" planes have some wing rock in upright harriers. Once you go to a larger airframe,, 80, 100, 150, it does get much better, as wing loading gets better. Now, if you take the time to properly ballance and trim your plane, even at 50cc you can get these CA and AeroWorks models to harrier well. But you still have to work it a little. Inverted harriers are better on my CA. But it will do nice upright also, I just have to find the sweet spot.
Old 12-20-2007, 11:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, I'm sure some more set up time on my 27% 260 would also help it fly better. As far as the 88" 50 cc planes like the QQ and EF Yaks, do these perform 3D stalled flight better because their wing area is better and they are very light? The best harrierer of any of my planes was a 58" .50 size GP Cap kit- absolutely stable and steerable on rudder - probably thanks to the dihedral the kit specifies and its light weight....
Old 12-21-2007, 09:37 AM
My Feedback: (54)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The lighter wing loading does help in the 3D. The 87" PAU 330 I'm flying still needs some correction with alerons and rudder but I'd consider it stable. Looking at other vidios, QQ and EF, I've also noticed the same thing happening.