Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
 Wingbags?  what do you need? >

Wingbags? what do you need?

Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Wingbags? what do you need?

Old 12-21-2007, 04:53 PM
My Feedback: (99)

Received 82 Likes on 66 Posts
Default Wingbags? what do you need?

What do we really need in a wing bag and stab bag? I have a 85cc Aeroworks Extra and before I start building I'd like some wing and stab bags for storage. I will have to remove the stabs for transport so I need those also. What is the best ones, considering price also?
Old 12-21-2007, 05:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wingbags? what do you need?

This is what I use. They are excellent. I have one already, just ordered another for my AW Extra:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXJXE5&P=ML

I don't use stab bags, so not sure on those.
Old 12-21-2007, 05:36 PM

AeroWorks sells wing and stab bags at a very good price too.

John
Old 12-21-2007, 05:44 PM
My Feedback: (40)

I use these guys.. very good qualty and price

http://www.hobby-pak.com/
Old 12-21-2007, 05:50 PM

You can make nice ones dirt cheap. Im no seamstrist but its not that hard to make one look nice and work well.

Stick 40
Old 12-21-2007, 08:01 PM
My Feedback: (3)

I would have to second the Hobby-Pak as they are really good bags for the money.
John
Old 12-22-2007, 01:33 PM
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Depends a lot on how much you want to spend????

I've had good luck with the Wingtotes, but with this last 50cc size model, I had a choice of not big enough or going to the same bag as my 33% Edge uses. Now that next size is even a chunk bigger than the Edge needs, but pretty good bags.

With this last model, I went to the AirWild bags. Better size selection and they are extremely well made with quite a few extra features, but they're not inexpensive...

http://www.airwildpilotshop.com/More...product&id=361
Old 12-24-2007, 09:20 AM
My Feedback: (99)

Received 82 Likes on 66 Posts

I see that Airwild has a 15% off sale now, but those are expensive--do you think they are better than Carden bags by Caroline?
Old 12-24-2007, 11:40 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You know what I've found? That I prefer my separate "air bubble" bags supplied with my Ultra RC 87" Yak over my hobby pack wing bag. Why? The process of taking the wings and tube out of those fancy wing bags, and putting them back is cumbersome. The separate air bubble bags are much easier. So I'm wondering where I can get those air bubble bags? I bet they're cheap too. The other thing is you can just put the handles from both bags in one hand and carry them as if it were one bag. So I like them better.
Old 12-25-2007, 11:15 AM

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Well you can separate the AirWild bags if you want, the two sides are held together by Velcro.

As for the bags you're talking about that came with your model, if they're anything like those that come with a Comp-Arf (it sounds like they are similar) which I've seen quite a few guys use, my Comp-Arf rep told me that those are only intended to prevent damage while the model is in shipping.

You can't buy them separately from Comp-Arf and they don't recommend them for everyday transportation use.

As for which one is better, there are things I like better about either the Wingtote or the AW, so my preference has more to do with getting a bag which comes the closest to matching the wing dimensions.
Old 12-25-2007, 11:51 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The one I think is cumbersome is the Hobby pack. It's just a lot of work to find a place to open up the bag, then the three velcro straps that cover each wing half. The wing tube is hard to slide in. It's more HD than the bubble wrap ones but I don't man-handle my planes, I baby them so the bubble wrap ones work for me. Maybe the AW or Tote bags are easier to handle. They sure are very nice looking.
Old 12-26-2007, 11:49 AM

ORIGINAL: JoeAirPort

The one I think is cumbersome is the Hobby pack. It's just a lot of work to find a place to open up the bag, then the three velcro straps that cover each wing half. The wing tube is hard to slide in. It's more HD than the bubble wrap ones but I don't man-handle my planes, I baby them so the bubble wrap ones work for me. Maybe the AW or Tote bags are easier to handle. They sure are very nice looking.
That is why I like the Wing Tote bags. They don't have the inside straps and extra stuff that makes some of these bags cumbersome. You just unzip and slide the wing in or out. The wing tube holder is on the outside which makes getting to it easy.