Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Triple Creek 3D Fly-In: TC3D, Tampa, June 21 & 22

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Triple Creek 3D Fly-In: TC3D, Tampa, June 21 & 22

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 05:28 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts
Default RE: Triple Creek 3D Fly-In: TC3D, Tampa, June 21 & 22

A couple more
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki18179.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	444.1 KB
ID:	976197   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp43840.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	445.3 KB
ID:	976198   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ni22672.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	321.1 KB
ID:	976199   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd92919.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	407.0 KB
ID:	976200  
Old 06-23-2008, 07:35 AM
Taildragger726

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Barracuda, It was nice putting a face with the name. You were everywhere so we expect a comprehensive report on TC3D ! (I am gonna let the big blue Yak rest for a day or two).
I think everyone had a great time even with the liquid sunshine! The flying was great, the food was great and the sponsors very generous. There was some carnage, but that's just an opportunity to get a new plane!
A big, hearty thanks to TCRC for providing the manpower and the facilities for this event.

Old 06-23-2008, 07:56 AM
Flyin Hawaiian

Hey Andy!

Nice pics! Keep em coming guys!

Tony G.

You and Andy are a big part of this event too! Thanks for coming! We still had a gret time!
Old 06-24-2008, 01:44 PM
Flyin Hawaiian

Triple Creek 3D Fly-In - TC3D! Event Wrap-up!

Even though we had some “Liquid Sunshine†falling on our heads, (and sometimes blowing in our faces!) the Triple Creek RC Club threw one heck of a Party over the weekend. The Triple Creek 3D Fly-In (TC3D) will go in the TCRC books as a success story. The one thing I really learned about this weekend is how resilient us RC pilots are. Myself and about 15 other pilots stuck it out for three whole days, and in between the rains, got some excellent flying in. Friday, the day before the event, I worked the morning hours getting my pit set-up, and some electrical for work done for TCRC. Then I spent the rest of the afternoon huckin’ it up with John Nelon and his “Klown Posse 40% Edge 540â€. The whole TCRC field was dressed out and ready for a 3D Party of epic proportions.

Saturday, the first day of the event, started off great! After the pilots meeting, all of the pilots were stoked and getting up in the air! The Boy Scout of America (whom we are sponsoring with the TC3D Event) were ushering in cars in the parking lot, and spectators started shuffling in. The Event was about to hit its mark, but just before the Noon Time Demo, the winds kicked up without warning, taking out three canopy tents, including one from Mr. Chris Hinson from Extreme Flight RC. Then the sideways rain came down and pretty much blew out the event. That’s when TC3D lost its momentum. Our Event schedule was blown out as well. What was really neat is how adaptive the whole TCRC Staff, pilots, and spectators were. We were kind of at the mercy of the weather. When it was raining, and if it wasn’t blowing sideways, we were able to sit and talk with fellow pilots and friends. When it stopped raining, we went at it hard! We were able to get a Tail Dunk Contest in on Sunday and the crowd loved it! But had to cancel the “Dead stick Contest†and the “All Up Huck†just so that we could maintain open flying for all the pilots who choose to weather the rain storms.

Sunday started with a few light showers, but after that the weather was starting to cooperate, and the afternoon was filled with hot 3D action w/ the “Tail Dunk Contest†and Mr. John Nelon (aka X-Rated) knife edged his 40% Edge 540 right into good ole Mother Earth. Steve Hoyt also put in his 40% Godfrey Extra 300 and totaled it. (He re-kitted the plane back to splinters!) Ricardo, Flying Skunks, and Dale Medin also joined them at the Aunt Jemima Award of Excellence ceremonies!

Jeff Wortner (Pres) kept the Door prizes, Pilot raffles, and Grand Prize Raffles flowing out. Our sponsors prizes were just ‘off the hook’ ! Dave Davidson of TCRC won the 50cc Extreme Flight RC Plane and Engine combo, and it couldn’t of gone to a more deserving soul. Dave is one of those members that can be counted on, and is always there when work needs to be done. He has been doing it since the club opened about 2 years ago. Congratulations Dave!

Jeff Wortner and John Winchester are the two MAIN DUDES at TCRC and they went above the call of duty to help with the success of TC3D. A Big Thank-You to those guys, and a great big thanks to the great crew at Triple Creek RC club. Also, great big thanks to all the pilots who came out to support this event. It appears everybody had a great time! Triple Creek RC did one fantastic job!

Here are the results from this weekend:
-We had 40 pilots pre-register, and 50 total pilots registered on
Saturday
- Help raise just over $500 for the Boy scouts of America.
- Plenty of smiles to go around!
- Five (5) Aunt Jemimam Awards Of Excellance!
- Lots of prize winners!

Another Great Big Thanks to all of our sponsors!!!!
I know that the TC3D could have been much bigger and spectacular, but considering what happened this past weekend, It was one of the best times in my RC Airplane adventure, and I hope that it was all that, for those who were there as well! I am looking forward to TC3D 2009!

Happy Skies and God Bless! Aloha!
www.extremeflightrc.com
B & E Graphix www.bandegraphix.com
Vess Props www.vessaero.com
Florida Freestyle Aerobatics Association
Triple Creek 3D Fly-In TC3D! June 21 & 22, 2008
Old 06-24-2008, 04:35 PM
EXTREME FLIGHT

Rennie, kudos to you, the FFAA and TC3D for running a great event. Even the rain coudn't kill the great vibe of friendship and camaraderie at this event, and we all got to do plenty of flying between the showers. Already looking forward to our next get together!
Pateetong my friends!
Old 06-26-2008, 08:17 AM
Taildragger726

PING !! BarracudaHockey !!! I saw the camera,,,,where are the pics!!!

TonyG
Old 06-26-2008, 08:28 AM
BarracudaHockey

I'm working on a full article. I have over 200 pictures and almost an hour of video, including one of your smooth, sweeping take offs to go through
Old 07-02-2008, 07:50 AM
Doc Austin

TC3D was the most fun I have had in R/C since...........well, as long as I can remember. This was the second event I had attended at TRCR, and they put on a well run show. Everything was very well done and we had a safe, smooth weekend. I hope they have another event soon because I certainly plan to participate.

Also, thanks to the FFAA for getting all the 3D sickos together and showing off. It was an awesome display.
Old 07-03-2008, 11:12 AM
Doc Austin

Here's a short article in the Tampa Bay Online about the TC3D event.................

http://southshore2.tbo.com/content/2...d-for-takeoff/
Old 07-03-2008, 01:52 PM
Taildragger726

Doc "Z-Bend" Austin ![sm=biggrin.gif]
Old 07-06-2008, 06:22 PM
BarracudaHockey

Here's the article.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...rticle_id=1018
Old 07-06-2008, 08:24 PM
Taildragger726

Wow! Not only can Andy huck the Shanks and planks,, he can write too!! Well done Andy, well done![sm=thumbup.gif]

Tony G