Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

CH, Old School Double Vison??? on Prop

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

CH, Old School Double Vison??? on Prop

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 10:07 PM
c/f
My Feedback: (1)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default CH, Old School Double Vison??? on Prop

Looking for some direction on prop choice, I got an old school Double Vison still NIB, as it was first shipment. I lost interest when the stab incedence was jacked, covering comes off, and with a DA 50 none where coming in close to the advertised 12lbs but closer to 15lb+.

Well I have been really into electrifying everything and find e-power to out perform every form of liquid fuel power plant in thrust to weight and wing loading, So now I am excited to get this winter project started.

I am confident I will be nearer to 12lbs than 13lb, I am looking for a prop choice to provide for great 3D performance however I want to
have it "REALLY" noisy on tip speed as I wont have the slimmer/banger inside. I'm thinking a prop of 20-10 size in 7000rpm range??

What brand prop suggest?

Seems like 10" pictch would be allot of pitch speed and torq?? as an electric this is the great thing I can basically tailor my powerplant choice to low end torq/thrust at the expense of top end speed which I'm thinking I would want less than 50MPH.

So any input would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-15-2009, 05:47 AM
closetguy
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CH, Old School Double Vison??? on Prop

mine is 17lbs. with the da50,pullout is just ok.
will you be less than 3.5 lbs. with your compete power set up?
real nice plane i also have one NIB waiting for me to put the present one in.
Old 10-15-2009, 07:55 AM
c/f
My Feedback: (1)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: CH, Old School Double Vison??? on Prop

Looks like 4.7lbs power plant to 38000watts (5HP) may derate it when I get better feel for all up weight, dont want more watts just to pull itself. Need to get a handle on prop thrust numbers as well, probably only want 25lbs thrust. if I hit my target weight goals.

It will get a complete overhaul and many weight savings items.

Lighter controls hardware Titanium rods, lighter servos, Carbon Landing gear, carbon tailwheel, new covering transparent, custom wires and plugs, will combine most all red/blacks to servos from receiver to one large, and small gauge signal, Titanium bolts/nuts hardware.

As an electric, servo mounting become less items, possibly permanent attached with glue, elevator servos inside elevator roots. single rudder servo pull/pull bottom of fuse in front of tailwheel. Light weight tires. titanium axles.

Quite allot of things than one might think.