Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Wild Hare, EF Yak 88, Pilot All 50cc

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Wild Hare, EF Yak 88, Pilot All 50cc

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 04:10 PM
Striker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wild Hare, EF Yak 88, Pilot All 50cc

Chris, I called EF's number but got the voice mail saying that you are closed at 2PM, I called about ten past and left you a message. Will call you on Monday again.

Jake I do believe in the personal touch too and sometimes beg people to call but I guess is so much easier and convenient for them to email so they still wont call. The technology has changed so much, when last did you see a teenager wearing a wrist watch? They all just look at their cell phones for the time [:-] and me I cant live without a watch.

Yes to get back on topic, I hope Smorlock gets the airplane he sees best for him.
Old 01-22-2010, 06:05 PM
smorlock

I was asking about the differance in the planes, what one does better than another and how hard the build is. The response from EF was " Just buy the one that you like the looks of, they fly almost the same". I have never owned a gas plane, I want to start doing some IMAC stuff. This is alot of money and I don't want to buy something and have to buy something else since I am ignorant with my choice. That is why I thought this was a good place to get advice. Aeroworks has great reviews in the mags I have read, it just seems they don't want to take the time to sell me a plane. I put out bids all the time over the internet, most of the time I get more answers than my e-mail box will hold. I would like to feel that someone wants my business.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:31 PM
Jake Ruddy
My Feedback: (40)

Striker: good point about the watch.. I always have 2 cell phones on me so I am guilty of using those for the time as well hah.

The most important thing you can do is read about how to set a plane up. There are a bunch of articles on the IMAC site you can read over and they will help any plane fly extremely well.

I personally have found most of the manuals to be written pretty well, if I had to choose I would say Aeroworks writes one of the best manuals and has a ton of pictures to help you along.

You can also look http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/ if you fliter by my name you will see 4 different 50cc builds that go pretty indepth and some comments i made with some suggestions I have found over the years.

If you really want help with it I would suggest once you decide on a plane for sure, do a build thread here with lots of pictures. Then you will get people offering help and pointing out things they see you should fix. You can also search build threads and a bunch will come up that should help as well.

The big thing is take your time on the first couple and double / triple check them before the maiden.
Old 01-22-2010, 11:19 PM
Striker

ORIGINAL: smorlock

I was asking about the differance in the planes, what one does better than another and how hard the build is. The response from EF was '' Just buy the one that you like the looks of, they fly almost the same''. I have never owned a gas plane, I want to start doing some IMAC stuff. This is alot of money and I don't want to buy something and have to buy something else since I am ignorant with my choice. That is why I thought this was a good place to get advice. Aeroworks has great reviews in the mags I have read, it just seems they don't want to take the time to sell me a plane. I put out bids all the time over the internet, most of the time I get more answers than my e-mail box will hold. I would like to feel that someone wants my business.
Smorlock, I totally understand, we all started with with no knowledge at the begninning too. People do help on the forums and most times you will get the advice you are seeking. I think Chris now being informed about how you felt will take care of business and make you happy.

When you get the airplane, before you start building, read the manual a few times and make notes about whats not clear, either research it or feel free to PM or email me, I would be willing to help. I have had a copy of the EF Yak 88 manual at my bedside for a few years now, read it maybe 10 times, no I am not starved for entertainment There is also 330 plus pages of posts about the EF Yak 88 here on RCU.

My advice would be, to consider the EF Extra 300 instead of the Yak if your goal is to fly some IMAC routines. I like 3D flying but its nice to mix some nice clean IMAC maneuvers in between.

Happy Harrier Landings.
Old 01-23-2010, 09:29 AM
rctom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: smorlock
I would like to feel that someone wants my business.

Well I certainly do, and I can assure you that I'll do whatever I can to make you happy.

BTW The Giles and MX2 are out latest designs so they have the benefit of experience from all our earlier planes, they are very solid.

And BTW there is a feature that isn't obvious. These planes have two possible wing tube locations. One of them is in the scale low wing position, the other is position approximately in the center of the fuselage (vertically). I did this because some people prefer it to look scale, but the mid-wing actually flies a little better. This layout is similar to our Sukhoi which has the wing just slightly below center and the stabs just slightly above.

I think the mid wing also looks a lot better, at least on the MX2.

The photos below show the low wing and mid wing versions. The red/yellow "Breitling/Wild Hare" plane has the mid wing mounting, while the Red MX2 and the yellow/blue Giles have the wings mounted low.

Tom Fawcett
Wild Hare Hobbies

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp42188.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	240.8 KB
ID:	1362165   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq50416.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	133.8 KB
ID:	1362166   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ej13654.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	141.8 KB
ID:	1362167  
Old 01-23-2010, 11:11 PM
Striker

Those Giles look awesome. I had most models but never a Giles, these look impressive.
Old 01-24-2010, 11:34 AM
camss69
My Feedback: (46)

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts

I think that Breitling one looks pretty good with the mid-wing.

I definitely think the mid wing looks better than the low wing IMO.