RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/giant-scale-aircraft-3d-aerobatic-110/)
-   -   elevator programing (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/giant-scale-aircraft-3d-aerobatic-110/10881956-elevator-programing.html)

cotman 12-29-2011 04:38 PM

elevator programing

Building a Yak 54 55cc gasser..... my first gas plane. Each elevator has it own servo. Is it best to use a Y-Harness to control them or should I program them into my radio (using an Hitec Aurora 9 Transmitter). If I should program them into radio.... can someone explain how to do it. Thanks

MetallicaJunkie 12-29-2011 05:13 PM

RE: elevator programing

stay away from Y's i dont own an Aurora but it has the option in there to use dual elevator and dual aileron servos

2robinhood 12-29-2011 07:13 PM

Yep avoid the Y-harnesses.
I don't know anything about the Aurora 9 , but I am sure that it supports dual elevator servos.

P47Tbolt 01-07-2012 06:31 AM

You would have to use a reversing Y with the elevators.with a regular Y they would be like ailerons.
Hitec digital servos can be reversed with a programmer and used with a regular Y.
But if the radio supports split elevators I would use it providing you are not using all the channels
already.

speedracerntrixie 01-07-2012 08:42 AM

Go into the model type menu. Select ACRO and then it will give you a menu for wing and tail type. For tail select AILEVATR. This activates the mix. Not sure what channels to plug the servos into so you will have to experiment. From there you will be able to figure it out. It is also on page 102 of you manual

ahicks 01-07-2012 04:59 PM

ORIGINAL: speedracerntrixie

Go into the model type menu. Select ACRO and then it will give you a menu for wing and tail type. For tail select AILEVATR. This activates the mix. Not sure what channels to plug the servos into so you will have to experiment. From there you will be able to figure it out. It is also on page 102 of you manual

I'm no expert, but not sure I'd go that way. Maybe you end up with the same results going that way, dunno. Haven't tried it.

Check out the "Channel Menu". My manual has it on p.56

You go to "Channel Function" menu (available under the "system" tab, then "channel"), press one of the aux channels, then "select", and a second menu comes up with a selection of available functions. Press the one you want (ELE2), then "set". You're done!

I do this same thing for aileron and elevator as I have 2 servos for each on my planes. Use channel 5 for AIL2 and channel 6 for ELE2 works out pretty well for me.

Holler if this doesn't make any sense. Somebody else may be better at explaining it. It's MUCH easier to just do it vs. trying to tell somebody else. -Al

bladebender 01-08-2012 05:15 AM

way to go ahicks .good to see some of the club yesterday

ahicks 01-08-2012 07:26 AM

;)

Jezmo 01-08-2012 11:53 AM

Definitely want to use individual connections from the Elev and Ail servos back to the receiver. The Aurora 9 does all the needed mixing as ahicks points out above and that will allow you to marry the halves at center and full throw in each direction.