RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/giant-scale-aircraft-3d-aerobatic-110/)
-   -   **photo** (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/giant-scale-aircraft-3d-aerobatic-110/1462502-%2A%2Aphoto%2A%2A.html)

U-CAN-DO 3D 01-24-2004 03:34 PM

**photo**

1 Attachment(s)
this is my photo !

3DFanatic 01-24-2004 03:36 PM

RE: **photo**

You're crazy! Corn's hard on airplane! :D[X(]

Shortman 01-24-2004 03:58 PM

Very nice photo;)

rc4flying 01-24-2004 06:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[img][/img]

Hi Guys, Attached is a photo of being in the corn and living to see another day of flying.

Geistware 01-24-2004 08:44 PM

I would have sworn the guy on the right was Frank Noll Jr.

rc4flying 01-24-2004 09:20 PM

Hi,
That is Frank Noll on the right flying the plane on the right. The other pilot is my nephew, Matt Stek with plane on left. Those are not even their own plane. Two fellow pilots whated their planes TR in the corn for a photo for the planes owners to pull a prank on a fellow modeler. I quess you can do anything you want when given permission and someone elses plane to have alittle freindly TR competition in the corn to see who can get lower. They both got down so low as to only have the props and spinners showing from the tops of the corn. What a way to spend the afternoon.

Mudsurfer1234 01-24-2004 11:15 PM

speakin of corn,

I went to a model airshow in delaware, and they had a contest/game called Corn Husking.

THe field was divided into 5 lanes, about 500 feet long each, and then they each buzz the top of the corn to cut some of the stalks down,

then at the end they would gather up the stalks on the ground to see who cut the most down who ever's pile was the heaviest won.

It was fun, guys used planes that they didn't want anymore, so it didn't matter if they crashed

if i can find the link, i saw a video of it a while ago

it was awesome

sovietspyguy 01-25-2004 12:48 AM

Hiya. I was just browsing around and although I plan to get a heli this summer I have no experience with planes or any aircraft (only cars). But I've always wondered how you get those shots with the plan pointed straight up a foot off of the ground. At first I thought it was some kind of insane dive but quickly decided that wasn't possible. So what? Do you kinda let the plane stall and use the propellor as a sort of helicopter rotor to keep it in the air? Someone please clue me in, this is driving me mad...

going vert 01-25-2004 09:49 AM

Ya - that's it. The engines on these planes have more thrust than the weight of the plane. In some cases the thrust to weight ratio is 2:1. So you can stand them on end and let the plane hover. The rotation of the prop causes the plane to rotate around its vertical axis when it's hovering - that's called a torque roll.

JohnVH 01-25-2004 11:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is mine, no corn where I fly hahahaa

3DFanatic 01-25-2004 10:35 PM

I'd take my junker plane, put a large diameter prop on it, run the plane to full throttle and just plow into the row of corn [sm=lol.gif]