RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/giant-scale-aircraft-3d-aerobatic-110/)
-   -   Tensor (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/giant-scale-aircraft-3d-aerobatic-110/2278045-tensor.html)

AC Glenn 10-22-2004 02:41 PM

Tensor

Hello George,

My name is A.c. Glenn i believe you may have meet my dad Albert Glenn at the masters.
I was wondering if you couldpost some pictures of the tensor and the construction.

Thanks in advance,

GRH 10-22-2004 09:20 PM

RE: Tensor

1 Attachment(s)
Hi A.C.
There are lots of pictures of the Tensor on the Internet...if you simply do a search on the Tensor or the ETOC on RCU you'll find more photos than I could ever post. I don't have any specific construction pictures. The E-Flite ARF of the Tensor should be coming out in December.

Here's a couple pictures of the production airplane I have.

Tell your Dad hi for me,

George

wgeffon 10-22-2004 11:28 PM

Hey George,

Is that the lake behind your house with the Bass?
I dont know which looks more fun, Torqin the Tensor or yanking some bass out of there.

GRH 10-23-2004 01:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Wayne,
Yes that's the lake behind my house. I like doing both...I typically take an airplane and fishing poles. I went fishing this morning for a couple of hours and caught five fish. Four bass and one bream. The biggest bass I've caught was 4 pounds...see the center photo. I suppose that if there's any RCU forum where we can talk about fishing it would be this forum. :)

I love float flying my Slo Stick out there. I put two green glow sticks under each wing tip at night and all you can see are the wing tips and the illuminated floats. It's bizarre flying it around with those weird visual clues.

George

PS I watched the indoor video of you flying the Supra Star and your flying is awesome! Great job. I thought it was Leyland flying until I saw you with the TX at the end. You've got skills!

If you're ever in Savannah we'll go fishing. Our subdivision has 5 stocked ponds. :)

wgeffon 10-23-2004 02:03 PM

Thanks George..

I'll see you in Columbus in a few weeks.

Devin McGrath 10-24-2004 08:27 AM

does anyone know or have a good prediction of when the tensor will be out ?? because i know right now horizon said December and i remember with the ultimate the release date kept on moving farther and farther away . this plane looks awesome looks like a very smooth flying plane to me and also will be my next airplane i have two shockys and want a biplane to go along with them and this looks like it will be the one. great design Mr Hicks

,Devin McGrath

GRH 10-25-2004 04:58 AM

Hi Devin,
I'm glad you like the design. As best I can tell the Tensor is on schedule for the December release.

George

Devin McGrath 10-25-2004 10:54 AM

thanks alot George looking forward to flying this awsome aircraft

,Devin McGrath

GRH 11-01-2004 08:52 AM

Devin,
I think you'll really like it when they hit the hobby shops this Christmas. Let me know what you think when you get one.

George

Shortman 11-02-2004 07:16 PM

Looks really nice, I like the scheme too! I just might have to get one of these when they come out.

Bill Mixon 11-02-2004 10:11 PM

Hey, George

How does the new park 370 outrunner compare to the 2208/34 in performance. I haven't seen much detail on this new motor.

GRH 11-04-2004 08:17 AM

Hi Bill...good to hear from you,

The performance is very comparable to the AXI. You can't tell any difference in the overall power because the Kv rating's are identical. It appears from my testing that the E-Flite prototype motors pull slightly more current above 6-amps and this amounts to a total flight time of 12 minutes as opposed to 13 and that's if you're really aggressive with the throttle.

Considering that the AXI sells for $75.90 for the motor and another $22.90 for the mount and prop adapter (for a total of $98.80). and the E-Flite out-runner is selling for $49.99 with everything...so you get almost exactly the same performance for half the price which is really amazing to me. It's pretty much a 2 for 1 deal. I think this will help make the brushless setups more accessible to the budget minded modeler.

George

Bill Mixon 11-04-2004 07:03 PM

That's good to know.
Another thing I like about the Eflite motor is that the shaft extends out the front of the motor vs. the rear on the axi with the radial mount. So it's probably a little lighter as well, and at 50 bucks it's a bargain.

Thanks for the info.

flyinrazrback 11-11-2004 07:52 PM

Any updated ETA on the tensors?

GRH 11-12-2004 11:08 AM

As far as I know it's still scheduled to ship in December...no hold backs as of yet.

George

FNG 11-13-2004 11:09 AM

ORIGINAL: GRH

Hi Bill...good to hear from you,

The performance is very comparable to the AXI. You can't tell any difference in the overall power because the Kv rating's are identical. It appears from my testing that the E-Flite prototype motors pull slightly more current above 6-amps and this amounts to a total flight time of 12 minutes as opposed to 13 and that's if you're really aggressive with the throttle.

Considering that the AXI sells for $75.90 for the motor and another $22.90 for the mount and prop adapter (for a total of $98.80). and the E-Flite out-runner is selling for $49.99 with everything...so you get almost exactly the same performance for half the price which is really amazing to me. It's pretty much a 2 for 1 deal. I think this will help make the brushless setups more accessible to the budget minded modeler.

George
Hi George, Which KV, PARK 370 OUTRUNNER, 1360KV, or PARK 370 OUTRUNNER, 1080KV

marmitas 11-13-2004 01:39 PM

I am pretty sure George was talking about the 1080 KV model.
GR

Bill Mixon 11-13-2004 02:36 PM

The 2208/34 AXI is a 1080 KV motor.
That KV # is useless itself, other parameters are needed for knowing what a motor will do. That said I'll bet that the 34 wind axi and the P 370 1080 KV motor are about the same. George posted above that it draws slightly more current.

FNG 11-13-2004 03:33 PM

ORIGINAL: Bill Mixon

The 2208/34 AXI is a 1080 KV motor.
That KV # is useless itself, other parameters are needed for knowing what a motor will do. That said I'll bet that the 34 wind axi and the P 370 1080 KV motor are about the same. George posted above that it draws slightly more current.
Well, George did not say which KV park motor he is referring to. That's my question!

Mark

Bill Mixon 11-13-2004 03:59 PM

Yes, I know and I can't answer for him, but you can read his comments and sort of put 2 and 2 together. He used the AXI 2208 34 in the ETOC plane(s). This is a 1080 KV motor. The 1360 KV motor would require a much smaller dia prop to stay at the same current draw as the 1080 KV motor provided that the stator length, etc is the same on each.

ORIGINAL: FNG
Well, George did not say which KV park motor he is referring to. That's my question!

Mark

FNG 11-13-2004 04:56 PM

Thanks Bill, I'd like to get a Tensor when aval. Just wondering wheater to go AXI 2208-34 or save some $$ and go with a park 370, and since two will be aval, wanted to know which one.

Thanks
Mark

Doug Cronkhite 11-13-2004 10:03 PM

I've ordered the 370 outrunners myself. The KV is the same as the AXI's so performance should be the same as well. I don't think you can go wrong with either one, but the 370 Outrunner seems to be the better value due to the included prop adapter and motor mount.

dgfick 11-24-2004 02:58 PM

Will I need a two cell or 3 cell with the Tensor + e-flight outrunner setup?

Thanks
Dave

GRH 11-24-2004 03:28 PM

Personally, I like the 3-cell 730mah pack with the 1080 Kv E-Flite Park 370 outrunner. The current draw is a little higher on the E-Flite outrunners and because of this the 12V packs seems to have a better feel. The Kv is a little lower on the E-Flite motor (1080) than the AXI 2208/34 (Kv=1140) so one might be able to run a little larger prop and get some of the performance back.

George

dgfick 11-24-2004 03:38 PM

I now nothing about electrics and this will be my first..... What size props should I be looking at?

Thanks
Dave