RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/giant-scale-aircraft-3d-aerobatic-110/)
-   -   Tensor battery selection (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/giant-scale-aircraft-3d-aerobatic-110/2396287-tensor-battery-selection.html)

E*nealio 12-02-2004 06:48 PM

Tensor battery selection

Thanks to those battery guys we now have batteries with C ratings out the roof and mah is not a big deciding factor in my purchase anymore(you used to have a certain number of mah on a batt to get the proper amp and or prop the plane differently). Know i can prop it right and fly it light.....(ha, it ryhmes). My question is on my new plane, the lovely Tensor 4D. What battery would be best for this situation?
A.Most of the flying done in my backyard, almost none indoors
One other thing is the Kv rating on the motor. Would I get a more powerful plane with the 1360kv park 370 or the 1080kv park 370? I would think the 1360kv because of the higher Rpm's but im not sure? Will the plane suck more juice?
Thirdly, the battery again......lol.
which battery would perform better?
a. Thunderpower 860mah 3 cell Lipo(10-12c)
b.Thunderpower 1320 mah 2 cell Lipo(10-12c)

I would like to have the mah so i could fly a little more, but i dont want to fly a sluggish underpowered plane. Really what im asking is that , can i get a good performance with the 1320 mah pack or would it be to heavy and not enough voltage, or would i be better off with the extra 4.2(charged)volts in the pack and a little shorter flight time....

Im getting ready to order one of these planes so i can practice a little 3D at home and on the road. I cant get out to the field everyday..(although i wish i could, :D)

E*nealio 12-04-2004 01:32 AM

RE: Tensor battery selection

nevermind, ganna play it safe with ordering 2 of 730 mah 3 cell packs and the 1080kv motor!Hope i get one from that early shipment those hobbyshops seem to get all the time......i already claimed the one they get on the early "test shipment" at my LHS.......

Nealio

Pinhead159 12-15-2004 11:15 PM

I to hope i am the early shipment as i was one of the first to sign on at my hobby store and looks like i'll be going with the same motor/plane combo as you so we'll ahve to keep each other updated on how they fly. I am hoping the outrunner 370 1080kv motor is enough for the tensor.

another question, i see that george is suggesting a 3 cell 730mah thunder power pack.
why not run the 3 cell 800(8 something..) mah pack instead of the 730 since it is the same price??

I already have 2 1200mah 3 cell lipos, would anything hurt running them on the 370 outrunner also?
(ps, i am planning on buy 2 more batteries any way but just wondering about the exisitng ones)
Thanks

Chris

Shortman 12-16-2004 12:07 AM

I just ordered a Tensor 4D for an early Christmas present, I went with the Axi 2208/34, will be using Thunderpower 3S 730s, Polyquest 3S 850s, and probably some other 3S Apogees.